The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optional Pvp Like Conclave 1.0 In Dojo And/or Relays With No Rewards/standing

----n00b----

Ask any player that had the privilege of taking part in the awesome (in my opinion) Conclave 1.0 and they will tell you they miss it. (Conclave, not Dark Sector conflicts). It was a minority, but is that minority less important? These players have been playing PvP since it came out, since the days where the rest of the player base frowned upon the idea of PvP. These players posted feedback in these forums for almost two years, these players do not deserve to have their opinions respected just as much as the ones that hated PvP back then?

The Conclave 1.0 fans played everyday on the same maps, there was no reward except the rewarding game play. They didn’t play for mods, or for syndicate, they played for fun - because they liked it. It was intense, fast paced, frentic, and that’s what made it interesting for that portion of the player base, despite the unbalance issues.

The new PvP 2.0 was obviously made to appeal to a bigger audience, and to ease the PvP to new players. It is slower paced, the survivability is higher, TTK is more about sustained fire and less about landing a couple good shots at high speeds, and there are alternatives if the players don’t have good aim, they can use fairly balanced melees, they can use fairly balanced abilities. I’m not saying that is bad, PvP 2.0 is definitely more balanced, just saying there are players who enjoyed the old ways more.

Why not please both? Before you rant, I’m not asking to bring back old Conclave, let’s be realistic, that’s not going to happen. And we don’t have to. We have Dojo Duels already, and they utilize the normal game mechanics, all mods are there, all weapons and Warframes are there. All I’m saying is, give us a better arena to fight. Dojo rooms are awfully small, offer no parkour. Let's be honest the Dueling Room we have in the Dojo is pathetic. Why not create a big room like the obstacle course or the Simulacrum, with PvP enabled inside? Why not add rooms like this to the Relays?

All the game mechanics are already in place, they don’t have to mess with the PvP 2.0, they don’t have to mess with the Conclave Syndicate, nothing have to be changed. Just give us a good room like old Europa, to play in the Dojo or the Relays, make it have no time limit, no score limit, like it used to be. The PvP room doesn’t even got to have fancy textures and objects that only disrupts parkour, make it like the obstacle course or like the mastery tests. It doesn’t need to have any rewards, it doesn’t need to give us Conclave Standing, it doesn’t have to count the Conclave K/D.

Players that enjoy the twitch dispute with faster TTKs, high velocity parkour, and want to have a more intense experience with all the normal mods and weapons enabled, can play in a proper duel room, without interfering with players that enjoy PvP 2.0. No development resource is needed, everything is already working in the game, we just need a proper PvP room that we can add to our Dojos.

TL;DR Add a big parkour Duel Room in the Dojos and maybe add these rooms to the Relays. No rewards, no Syndicate standing, no K/D record. It's optional. Everyone is happy.

Edited by ----n00b----

• 2 weeks later...

We do need better Dojo Dueling rooms. I think everyone can agree with that.

I love the idea of dueling in a Relay. Dedicated servers with a audience watching? Hell yeah.

Edited by RexSol