The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reliant213

Facepalm

What if My entire team is using Snipers, Shotguns, Bows? Then Rifle Scavenger does nothing except buff you.

Do you want to be labeled by the community as a selfish communist? No? Then use Infested Impedance, it is the most powerful mod, And it catches those Parasitic Eximus Platoons offguard!

Edited by BrokenMirror

To provide a counterpoint: Let's take a 5 minute survival and one person with this on. That's 180 energy or so that you wouldn't have. Sure, that may not sound like much in the grand scheme of things but for high efficiency builds, that's actually pretty nuts. In general, it provides a nice little buffer where you will find yourself rarely feeling like you want to be able to use a power but simply cannot due to energy requirements. It's a kind of peace of mind augment and such.

Plus, if we had 4 people running it, that same survival equates to 720 energy. Which is notably more.

Yeah, there are things that are a lot better in given situations but it's not a bad 'I'm just pubbing' aura. Plus it helps negate the effect of energy drain enemies a bit. Which is always nice.

Edited by Terumitsu
  • Like 1

Why would I use Rifle Scavenger if my primary weapon is ammo efficient?

Why would I use Steel Charge if I rarely melee?

Why would I use Rifle Amp if my primary weapon does enough damage to do what it's supposed to on the current mission?

I could go on, but basicly, people equip what they think benefits them most. If you like to use your bullet hose, you can equip Rifle Scavenger and pump enemies full of lead, no one is stopping you. Other people might find the small energy increase from ES to be more beneficial for them.

To provide a counterpoint: Let's take a 5 minute survival and one person with this on. That's 180 energy or so that you wouldn't have. Sure, that may not sound like much in the grand scheme of things but for high efficiency builds, that's actually pretty nuts. In general, it provides a nice little buffer where you will find yourself rarely feeling like you want to be able to use a power but simply cannot due to energy requirements. It's a kind of peace of mind augment and such.

Plus, if we had 4 people running it, that same survival equates to 720 energy. Which is notably more.

Yeah, there are things that are a lot better in given situations but it's not a bad 'I'm just pubbing' aura. Plus it helps negate the effect of energy drain enemies a bit. Which is always nice.

Counter Counter Point.

If you instead ran infested impedance, You get the immediate affect is slowing parasitic eximus platoons that could attack.

And those parasitic eximus platoons drain your Energy making energy siphon even worse :p

* Max power efficiency builds. A single Energy Siphon gives enough energy that I get to use my first ability for effectively no cost every 10.4 seconds.  In a full team, that would be once every 2.6 seconds.

* Energy restore pads are not free to use.

* Rifle scavenger is nice if you need it, but only useful if you're using rifles and more specifically rifles with absolutely miserable ammo economy.

* For high level content against armored enemies, corrosive projection is mandatory. Surprised you didn't mention this.

Counter Counter Point.

If you instead ran infested impedance, You get the immediate affect is slowing parasitic eximus platoons that could attack.

And those parasitic eximus platoons drain your Energy making energy siphon even worse :p

Counter Counter Counter Point.

Energy Leach Eximus are not affected by Infested Impedance as they are grinner/corpus/corrupted. Plus, I don't seem to understand where you are coming from as everyone is gonna suffer from the -5 energy per second regardless as the range on those enemy auras are surprisingly large. Most infested levels have tighter corridors rather than the open spaces where you could snipe them off with impunity and not worry

Facepalm

What if My entire team is using Snipers, Shotguns, Bows? Then Rifle Scavenger does nothing except buff you.

Do you want to be labeled by the community as a selfish communist? No? Then use Infested Impedance, it is the most powerful mod, And it catches those Parasitic Eximus Platoons offguard!

There are different kinds of Scavenger mods for a reason.

And Infested Impedance is a different polarity.

True as that may be, I still see ES being less effecient than energy restores, or simply picking up energy.

And, in their current state, Energy Leech eximi are too powerful for their massive drain to be counterbalanced.

Because ES is much more useful than getting more rifle ammo, which is the most common in the game and next to never runs out.

It depends on what weapons you're using.

its helpfull in a energy efficient build and most ppl don't have ammo issue's and there is also ammo mutation so yeah if you put like corrosive projection or shield dissruption as example would have been better

Ammo mutation takes up a slot on your weapon, and Scavenger mods increase a 'frames mod capacity to the same extent as Energy Siphon.

Not to mention shield reducing mods and abilities being useless on half of Warframe's factions.

* Max power efficiency builds. A single Energy Siphon gives enough energy that I get to use my first ability for effectively no cost every 10.4 seconds.  In a full team, that would be once every 2.6 seconds.

* Energy restore pads are not free to use.

* Rifle scavenger is nice if you need it, but only useful if you're using rifles and more specifically rifles with absolutely miserable ammo economy.

* For high level content against armored enemies, corrosive projection is mandatory. Surprised you didn't mention this.

I'm not going to talk about end game/extreme level content, as that's not the type of player I am.

If that's what you do, that's fine, and I'd take a guess that you and your group have a set selection of mods and auras to use for that type of content.

And, for 10k and a tiny bit of trivial resources, energy restores aren't that hard to produce.

Why would I use Rifle Scavenger if my primary weapon is ammo efficient?

Why would I use Steel Charge if I rarely melee?

Why would I use Rifle Amp if my primary weapon does enough damage to do what it's supposed to on the current mission?

I could go on, but basicly, people equip what they think benefits them most. If you like to use your bullet hose, you can equip Rifle Scavenger and pump enemies full of lead, no one is stopping you. Other people might find the small energy increase from ES to be more beneficial for them.

I didn't put this in the OP (might edit it after this mass reply), but you're free to use whatever you please.

I'm stating why I like Rifle Scavenger over Energy Siphon, and what the benefits are.

I use energy siphon because....... wait for it...... give it a minute to settle in your head.........

I want too and choose too

That's fine.

Do what you wish.

I'm not forcing, nor do I want to force you, to use Rifle Scavenger.

I was merely stating my opinion and sparking discussion.

With maximum energy efficiency, every Warframe's first ability costs approximately 6 energy. That's one free ability every 10 seconds. 2.5 seconds if you've got a full squad with Siphons. 

Again, finding a squad with that setup is rare, unless premeditated.

Phew, that took a bit.

With maximum energy efficiency, every Warframe's first ability costs approximately 6 energy. That's one free ability every 10 seconds..

What first abilities don't suffer from approximately two thirds of their duration being gone?

unless your planning a run with certain builds ES works best as it in general helps everyone.

As does Rifle Scavenger.

Put it this way.

I run 35% efficiency on Mirage (Blind Rage build)

This means my 1 and 3 cost about 16 energy each.

If I average out the duration, to 50 seconds, and factor in one siphon, it works out that for each cast of my two main abilities, I lose 2 energy.

1 pickup every 12 casts (10 minutes) and I am energy neutral.

I always find that having some form of energy sustain is important, and siphon is by far the most ubiquitous

I'll throw this into the ring:

I don't know why I'd use anything but Energy Siphon on Limbo. His playstyle is basically maintaining Rift Walk permanently, and either spamming Banish to execute enemies one by one, or give allies energy and even health with the augment mod. Limbo is very certainly a caster frame with no need for ammo at all. If he doesn't have energy, he's a glass figurine with a gun, which doesn't get far at all in Warframe. All Limbo needs is energy efficiency. Give him the most duration for the least amount of energy, and take in all the energy he can. I know Rift Walk gives him 2 energy per second. But it isn't always enough to spam Banish and use Rift Surge every time you need it. Adding Energy Siphon can make that difference, and that's the only place Limbo needs a difference to be made: energy. And a strong enough melee weapon to execute stuff in one finisher, but that's not so hard.

Energy Siphon also plays a big role in my solo Loki build. I calculated how long I'd need to be invis before I generated enough energy to cast it again with no net loss of energy. You can't count on energy globes being where you need them when you need them. Energy Siphon is the only reason my solo Loki is consistent. Without it, there's no telling how often I'll have to run for my fragile little life. With it, I know I can waltz around the place so long as I pay attention to Eximus and Nullifiers.

What first abilities don't suffer from approximately two thirds of their duration being gone?

Ash's Shuriken

Banshee's Sonic Boom

Chroma's Spectral Scream

Ember's Fireball

Excalibur's Slash Dash

Mag's Pull

Mesa's Ballistic Battery

Nekros's Soul Punch

Valkyr's Rip Line

Volt's Shock

And can also, y'know, add duration mods to counteract the negative effects of a corrupted mod. That's pretty Modding 101 right there.

Corrosive Projection is mandatory for high level content, so I have a dash polarity aura on any frame I enjoy playing.  If you're not doing high level content, pretty much every frame is built for either duration or efficiency, so the little bit of energy from Energy Siphon goes a long way.  I also bring a Vaykor Marelok a lot, so ammo is never a problem.  Energy Siphon is also by far one of the most common auras when going into a standard pug mission.

I still think it is useful. I cast a lot, and over time, the energy adds up. I don't use restores much, partly because I forget, and partly because I'm poor and don't have a lot of polymer which is needed to make them. But mostly because I forget. Over time, the energy adds up and with maxed Streamline, I don't have to wait as long as you say. But I do understand what you're saying, and maybe I will give it a try. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

the tone in your post was very inflammatory, with the silly sarcasm and passive aggressiveness.

ES is good because with 4 people you're getting 2.4 energy every second. Warframe is chiefly about using abilities to control or kill hordes of enemies. 

Rifle Scavenger is barely useful because for any ammo guzzling weapon, it does nothing of any value. Ammo mutation is several times better. For anything else, you should use ES or CP.

In a mission where you're constantly spamming powers that lasts 10 minutes, you can count on ES giving you 360 energy. When you have a full group, it's enough to pretty much sustain you without the need for any energy orbs. 

The last thing you want is to lose a long defense because you just didn't have enough energy to drop a Vortex or something of the sort. In any weapon where you'd desire more ammo, Rifle Scavenger does nothing, and that isn't even considering the fact that some of the other team members may not be using Rifle Scavenger compatible weapons.