The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should We Get A Primed Pressure Point?

VintageNostalgia

God no.

If melee needs to be stronger, then just buff Pressure Point. Something as basic as a base-damage mod should not be locked behind a void trader who only makes that item available maybe three or four times per year. (And that's being INCREDIBLY generous; several void trader items have been unobtainable for half a year now.)

This goes for shotguns as well. Primed Point Blank was a bad idea; the devs should've just buffed and/or uncapped Point Blank if they felt that it was insufficient.

Edited by SortaRandom

God no.

If melee needs to be stronger, then just buff Pressure Point. Something as basic as a base-damage mod should not be locked behind a void trader who only makes that item available maybe three or four times per year.

This goes for shotguns as well. Primed Point Blank was a bad idea; the devs should've just buffed and/or uncapped Point Blank.

That sounds logical. But each category of weapon has different base values for damage mods to begin with ; that's a bit weird...

When will you stop using that video Paradoxbomb it's getting really old.

I'm inclined to agree with SortaRandom, it would be preferable if they just buffed the original Pressure Point rather than create an entirely new one, but we're already in the trend of replacing obsolete content instead of improving it so I can say with certainty that it'll happen soon enough, we just have to be patient.

what are you all on? am I the only one who thinks melee is perfectly viable and runs around shredding everything? melee is perfect at the moment. it has the right amont of damage. it needs no more and no less. seriously.

Melee is currently more balanced then any other form of fighting in Warframe.

no just make pressure point 10 ranks. like point blank should have been, to hell with this primed damage mod nonsense :/

melee has a dire lack of 10 rank mods too, there's little to no reason to forma a melee at all with the 10 extra stance points

Edited by N7Vanquisher

Have to concur with others: melee lacks Rank 10 mods.

Not including Primed mods, we have The Rank 10 status duration mod.

If melee should be a true alternative to guns: Non-Legendary Mods that I feel should be available: Pressure Point, Fury, True Steel, Organ Shatter, possibly Melee Prowess (but it should be 15% per rank)

Only reason, I feel Fury should be Rank 10, is because some melee weapon stance combos have a certain speed flow to them and it would be easier if players could tailor multiple Fury mods to fit different weapon class/stance combos.

Pressure Point- would match Primary, and Secondary damage mods (Shotguns should have had normal Point Blank match 10 Ranks)

True Steel being Rank 10 would match Arch melee having a Rank 10 crit chance mod.

Organ shatter having a Rank 10 mod could be the unique Melee mod that since no Multi-shot and I would hate to see a Rank 10 spoiled strike. (Who am I kidding, I would still max a Primed Organ Shatter....)

God no.

If melee needs to be stronger, then just buff Pressure Point. Something as basic as a base-damage mod should not be locked behind a void trader who only makes that item available maybe three or four times per year. (And that's being INCREDIBLY generous; several void trader items have been unobtainable for half a year now.)

This goes for shotguns as well. Primed Point Blank was a bad idea; the devs should've just buffed and/or uncapped Point Blank if they felt that it was insufficient.

But you see, locking it behind the void trader makes it harder for people to get

which means people will grind more for ducats

which means the game's lifetime is expanded

Which means people will miss it

which means people will need to trade for it

which means plat sales go through the roof

which means: PROFIT.

Same goes for status mods (rifle apititude) and event mods

By creating primed point blank, DE "solves" the problem of weak shotguns

While also grabbing some cash from plat sales

"win win?"

Edited by 420degreequicksopeswag

what are you all on? am I the only one who thinks melee is perfectly viable and runs around shredding everything? melee is perfect at the moment. it has the right amont of damage. it needs no more and no less. seriously.

I disagree. I've felt that pure melee is only comparable to guns on the select few frames who can easily increase melee damage (e.g. Excal, Loki, Ash, Chroma, Mirage, etc). Going into a T4 mission with nothing but a sword on a Banshee or Vauban or something is generally a death sentence.

Melee needs changes in order to be properly balanced across all frames, but sadly, it's not as simple as just tweaking the numbers on Pressure Point. The stealth multiplier system needs a good looking at as well.

Edited by SortaRandom

Melee is perfectly viable, when Range, Hitboxes are not broken, on some melee bisaed Warfarmes/Builds.....

But same could said about some guns....they work in the hands of some Warframes and under perform in the hands of other warframes.

I run melee only quite often. T3/T4 Survival/Interception/Defense/Mobile Defense.....currently been running non-rework Excal with Sheev for most missions.

If they [DE] are thinking of releasing Primed Pressure Point, I'd rather have them make normal Pressure Point R10.

No, buff the original Pressure Point.

Do not lock it behind millions of credits, availability and waiting of Baro, more than 500 rare 5 fusion cores, and LOTS AND LOTS OF GRINDING.

DON'T MAKE ANOTHER PRIMED POINT BLANK SITUATION, NEVER HELPED SHOTGUNS AT ALL.

we can already make melee good and do not need a MANDATORY MOD....... 

can we not just buff melee if you feel the need to make a complete damage upgrade mod

you see what they did with shotguns.... made a prime damage mod and they are giving it 2-3 times dps

seems i may make phage after all