The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Nerfed?

-Venkai-

Question

Was Mesa Nerfed at any point aside from passives? my friend and I are arguing over how extensive her nerf actually was and I'd like to know how bad it actually was. These are some of the things he's pointing out.

1. Peacemaker isnt affected by power strength

2. Peacemaker isnt affected by power range (i think this is true)

I'd like to know if it's true, as i cant find anything about this topic and the only thing i can find is a supposed removal of her passives?

18 answers to this question

What made you think she was nerfed, OP? There would be a flood of threads, if she was nerfed in any way.

Power range has never affected Mesa and the removal of most of the passives was done quite some time ago (shorty after her initial release).

The only nerf that I know of was a simple mechanic change that properly capped Shatter Shield at 95% damage reduction - for a short time you could get 99.2%.

Edit: The passive removals you mentioned. And mechanic changes to channeled abilities which indirectly affected Peacemaker - but I wouldn't consider a global change to be a frame specific nerf.

Edited by Darzk

She was nerfed shortly after she was introduced - initially you could fire with her peacemaker as fast as you clicked LMB but it was deemed too exploitable with mouse macros and changed to what we have today - hold to spull up, like gorgon. Also "Players can no longer gain energy while in Nyx’s Absorb or Mesa’s Peacemaker."

ev doesnt work on her while peacemaker is active.

So they need to pause for like 4 seconds? That is hardly a nerf. Farms like Draco existed before Mesa with Exacalibur, this will change nothing. Peacemaker still needs a nerf, a real nerf.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

So they need to pause for like 4 seconds? That is hardly a nerf. Farms like Draco existed before Mesa with Exacalibur, this will change nothing. Peacemaker still needs a nerf, a real nerf.

Not benefiting from EV wasn't a Nerf, it was how it worked from the start. There will always be a Draco, They can listen to people like yourself and Nerf Mesa to the point she is pointless or just let it go.

The major issue here is Gmag, which DE is fixing. Farming without Gmag will be much more tedious.

They can listen to people like yourself and Nerf Mesa to the point she is pointless or just let it go.

Or they could listen to people like me and actually balance the damn frame. I am not asking them to nerf Mesa, I am asking them to nerf/change Peacemaker which is the real issue here. If you think that Peacemaker is the only ability that makes Mesa relevant then I feel bad for you because she has some good abilities otherwise. In fact, I cringe whenever someone says Mesa is fragile, do the majority of players build strictly for Peacemaker? Honestly I think so which is sad.

Mesa was in fact nerfed at one point. Her firing mechanics used to have a far higher cap firing rate than they do now. However people with low end graphics cards were having their fire rate capped by fps or some such and so DE changed it to have an absolute limit across the board and made it automatic so that those less dexterous(or macro inclined) did not have more power than those that could not click(program) their way to maximum fire power. When she originally came out I could fire her guns far faster than my entire clan via mouse scrolling and everyone was PISSED. I still want old Mesa back if for no other reason than to occasionally piss of Excals and Saryns ^^

Or they could listen to people like me and actually balance the damn frame. I am not asking them to nerf Mesa, I am asking them to nerf/change Peacemaker which is the real issue here. If you think that Peacemaker is the only ability that makes Mesa relevant then I feel bad for you because she has some good abilities otherwise. In fact, I cringe whenever someone says Mesa is fragile, do the majority of players build strictly for Peacemaker? Honestly I think so which is sad.

Agreed Mesa for me is not about peacemaker in the least. I use her as a heavy killer. The only problem with this is making sure I can dodge those rockets grrr.