Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I... Hate... Windows... 8 And 8.1

Revel72

This was third time that I had to reset my computer to manufacture standards... Thank you microsoft from barfing this magnificent POS on us.

Now I have to download and install everything. Again! Hilarity begins...

I am sorry moderators if this thread is not following the rules but... I am really out of patience of suffering 8.1 and 8. Hell even Vista was better than this...

Dear god Windows 10 SAVE ME!

This was third time that I had to reset my computer to manufacture standards... Thank you microsoft from barfing this magnificent POS on us.

I am sorry moderators if this thread is not following the rules but... I am really out of patience of suffering 8.1 and 8. Hell even Vista was better than this...

I really hope Windows 10 will set a standart and solve these stupid problems. I just did a format myself and re-downloaded 8.1.

What happened to your computer?

I hate 8.1 because I have multiple instances of programs working on Win 8, which do not work on 8.1, no matter how much I reinstall. That said, 8 and 8.1 are garbage for me, I regret upgrading from Win 7.

I only use Windows for gaming now and my Mac for everything else.

What happened to your computer?

Well warframe the program found out that I have some kind of software issue... And I didn't believe me... So I kept playing... And... Here we are... Using at the place where I reset my computer to manufacture standards... Thank you microsoft...

Well warframe the program found out that I have some kind of software issue... And I didn't believe me... So I kept playing... And... Here we are... Using at the place where I reset my computer to manufacture standards... Thank you microsoft...

I don't want to sound like a jerk and say, "well I'm not having any problems...", but honestly I'm not having any problems with Windows 8 and Warframe.

What kind of a problem was Warframe having?

windows 8.1 has been the bane of my life. wifi driver compatability issues. software coding issues. it was just badly done. people are sending in their computers just to have them sent back without anything being done and being told they cant help. i love how they just throw out an unfinished piece of junk.

I have an unusual issue with 8.1:

For some reason, my laptop has compatibility issues with the integrated trackpad, and occasionally on login, will treat it as a touchscreen, simultaneously clicking all extremities of the screen, randomly opening and closing applications, changing settings, moving tabs around, in the four seconds before I kill the entire thing with that big button in the corner of the top panel.

Trackpad + Windows 8.1 = [size=6]NOPENOPENOPE[/size]

I recently installed 8.1 just to give it a shot, and I got a new SSD in so i thought hey, it should work faster and all.

But my warframe client tends to freeze and crash from time, that never or very rarely happened to me with win7.

i don't know what is skrewed or unskrewed in 8 but they did it and let's hope 10 will be ok

edit:i'm gonna buy 10 if i have to but i would love it if it could run xbox games (but we all know this will never happen even as a though)

Edited by Kostadin

I don't want to sound like a jerk and say, "well I'm not having any problems...", but honestly I'm not having any problems with Windows 8 and Warframe.

What kind of a problem was Warframe having?

Well warframe didn't cause it. I don't know but Warframe said that it detected it... And when I next time was playing the game... My computer froze.

What's your hardware config? Do you have any parts overclocked? Is there any chance your ram is faulty? Is this a new system or old?

I have never overclocked any parts... Too risky and on laptop that is possibly impossible. Hardware configurations I have always kept default. Only problem what I see is my ISP also... I have to keep windows 8.1 until I get 10 I am not going to change my operation system.