Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.i.p Paris Series In Conclave.

Rakshal

There was already little reason to use the Paris series of bows in conclave, but with the addition of the Vectis (Prime) in conclave there is 0 intensive to use them.

The Paris series has travel time, one shots on head shots, two shots on body shots, and needs to be charges fully to maximize damage.

The Vectis is hit scan, one shots on head shots, two shots on body shots, and can only shoot one bullet before it has to reload (unless you use the Vectis Prime which has 2 in the magazine). Note: The Vectis can't use mods that increase magazine size or that reload when holstered (not sure about Vectis Prime).

The Vectis has so much more going for it than the Paris series. The only Paris that can even come close to it is the MK1-Paris, even then there is still little reason to use it as it has travel time.

Now I'm not asking for a nerf to the Vectis, far from it, if anything bows have needed a buff for sometime now, the addition of the Vectis only highlights it.

The MK1-Paris should be the only bow that 2 shots on body shots on all frames since it fires the fastest. It should leave very little health so it is easy to finish them off with a sidearm.

The Paris and Paris Prime should be able to one shot squishier frames and two shot tanky frames on body shots. Again, tanky frames should be left with very little health so it is easy to finish them off with a sidearm.

Now with those proposed buffs, it would make the Daikyu worthless, so the Daikyu should be the only bow that one shots all of the frames since it fires painfully slow (and people can't complain about travel time since that was nerfed severely by the removal of Termial Velocity).

Give Vectis a big spread/sway when not scoped in, like in any other competitive shooters. 

Problem solved. 

That doesn't really solve anything as 90% of your kills will be when you are scoped in.

I haven't gotten to use bows in pvp yet but I can say that they are pretty weak if you are at full health. They should totally bypass blocks and slow players when hit or something to reward landing a shot with something other than other than higher damage.

nope, I use macro to open scope in 0.1 ms when i press LMB

shot and scope in one click....................

man you really should stop doing that. PVP is just pointless fun, why use artificial augments?

man you really should stop doing that. PVP is just pointless fun, why use artificial augments?

I don't think he can really do things himself. I understand the point of macros for stuff like semi auto weapons (don't want to get that carpel tunnel syndrome), but for other stuff it is just stupid.

I don't think he can really do things himself. I understand the point of macros for stuff like semi auto weapons (don't want to get that carpel tunnel syndrome), but for other stuff it is just stupid.

actually I play a MMOTPS call Defiance, it block my logitech mouse macro in game( no effect ), I duno why WF can't do that.

And, PVP is not for fun for me, I just kill other player and hurt their feeling through the mon and get my rep and i quit. 

Spec. in this unbalance game which is only design for PVE in its first place

Edited by cary2010haha1

carpel tunnel happens when the mouse is used in a bad position or by using mouse at all, so the macro will not stop that from happening, the repetitive click will influence as much as any other effort as long as the wrist is not in the proper straight position or as long as the user has a predisposition to develop the tunnel

health is just another "stupid" excuse there

Edited by rockscl

carpel tunnel happens when the mouse is used in a bad position or by using mouse at all, so the macro will not stop that from happening, the repetitive click will influence as much as any other effort as long as the wrist is not in the proper straight position or as long as the user has a predisposition to develop the tunnel

health is just another "stupid"  excuse there

Everyone's tendons and joints have a certain thresh hold of wear that they can take over X period of time in the short term, and Y total amount of wear over the lifetime before problems occur. 

Good technique can increase both thresh holds, but you cannot escape mechanical wear and tear.

This applies to everything. Sports, computer work, manual labor, weight lifting.

Have grandparents with arthritis?

Don't go there.

Edited by Pythadragon

i dont know about that, but theres a reason why medics recommend being careful with your wrist, and not with your hand or fingers, thats because its the wrist position what causes the mentioned syndromme

Edited by rockscl

i dont know about that, but theres a reason why medics recommend being careful with your wrist, and not with your hand, thats because its the wrist position what causes the mentioned syndromme

See edited post.

"occupational/phsyical therapists" or "doctors", not "medics" (?!).

Please do not enter conversations about health problems unless you have personal experience with them or are a medical professional.

RE: hand/fingers

http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/arthritis-fingers-pictures

"The joints in your hands and fingers may be the most delicate ones in the body. At their best, they work together like a well-oiled machine and help you do your daily activities with ease. When arthritis develops in those joints, the effects are painful and may ultimately lead to a loss of function."

Edited by Pythadragon

See edited post.

"occupational/phsyical therapists" or "doctors", not "medics".

Please do not enter conversations about health problems unless you personal experience with them or are a medical professional.

the medical conversation was included by other guy saying that clicking is a reason of for the tunnel, not me, the issue is there and i will talk about it with the same degree of validity as the other guy is doing it, call it null if you want, the syndrome is prevented by keeping the wrist straight, that is what medics recommend 

lol, dont quote the internet, that quote is even less valid than my personal experience

Edited by rockscl

This thread is being derailed.

Rakshal, you don't think that the Vectis had these advantages to bows in 1.0?

Well, bows were able to fire faster and both were able to one shot in 1.0. Vectis was stronger than bows in 1.0 though.

I don't agree with you this time Rakshal. The Paris Bows are still powerful, saying that the Vectis killed them is an exaggeration. I used both the normal Vectis and Vectis Prime, in combination with various frames, tried comboing with different abilities. I feel like the Bows are still better in hit-and-run, comboing with abilities, and kill stealing - which are the forte of both weapon classes.

Edited by RexSol