Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban 4Th Ability Is To Powerful?

Creavyer

I have maxed focus and I have had ancients from some maps in Ceres survive it. The only time it was a guaranteed kill on everything regardless of level is when I could glitch it with infinite duration. Beyond that it is useful for being able to block off a ship hallway or door for the most part as I can run from a horde of infested, toss it behind me and give myself some breathing room.

Beyond the bugs that grant it infinite duration it isn't 'op' at all. Also given its rather small area it is far more situational than most other ults.

@potatofamine

And that is a bug that DE will probably fix shortly. And a bug should never be used to classify something as 'op'. For a while with Frost there was a bug that if he cast snow-globe and left the match his snow-globes would never end. Did that make it OP? No.

@potatofamine

And that is a bug that DE will probably fix shortly. And a bug should never be used to classify something as 'op'. For a while with Frost there was a bug that if he cast snow-globe and left the match his snow-globes would never end. Did that make it OP? No.

Lets not forget also that Nyx had an infinite Chaos that horribly unbalanced every mission.

@LongDraw

Chaos infinite duration was more an oversight than a bug, but I am sure that they will fix the infinite vortex bug, and even though I love Vauban I'll be happy when they do.

And once they remove the bug the 'op-ness' of vortex will go away when people see how short lived it can be, coupled with its small area. Can't wait till I can get a continuity mod...

Hmmm I used to think that vortex is too powerful, until yesterday that I team up with a vauban on the infested defense mission on Pluto(forgot the mission name.)

He had max streamline and flow, and was able to put down three vortex at once. So he was spamming them.(at three different locations)

I ,on the other hand, had ember and was spamming WoF(Max stretch,and duration).

We failed at wave 11(forgot the reason), and I figured he would be top dog on the damage dealt, but somehow I beat him by 13%.

damage dealt is only counted by your weapons, not abilitys as far as i know

i agree with vortex being powerful but "OP" hell no try to do vortex on other defence missions other than xini...

vortex has a powerful damage that can reduce anything to nothing  even wave 20 ancients but whatever power vortex has, the range of it is the biggest weakness against enemy who doesnt group together its useless

so stop this nerf nerf thing...we already suffered enough from rhino sudden nerf and now people asking a nerf on this buggy new frame 

how about using a team with 1 loki, 1 nyx & 2 vauban that way you can use the loki to get the enemys to one place, i would do it near the crypod

& then use the nyx to get them even more staked up & keep them off the crypod & finaly use vortex & everything goes.

Against infested i think vortex is too powerful but if its a nerf or a fix or a limit to the dmg the vortex can deal, i cant tell but something must be done becasue when i spawned a vortex at wave +25 and fired a few bullets into the ancient that the vortex grabbed it damaged for over 10.000 at once

if thats not OP... i dont know what is

how about using a team with 1 loki, 1 nyx & 2 vauban that way you can use the loki to get the enemys to one place, i would do it near the crypod

& then use the nyx to get them even more staked up & keep them off the crypod & finaly use vortex & everything goes.

Against infested i think vortex is too powerful but if its a nerf or a fix or a limit to the dmg the vortex can deal, i cant tell but something must be done becasue when i spawned a vortex at wave +25 and fired a few bullets into the ancient that the vortex grabbed it damaged for over 10.000 at once

if thats not OP... i dont know what is

Try playing with a loki, vauban and 2 saryn. Decoy + vortex + double miasma is devastating.

But that 10k must be a bug, I've used vauban a lot and never got that kind of damage. It's not OP, past wave 30 on xini it's just cc and for getting enemies off the pod.

Even more reasons why Vortex is over powered...

- Vortex can MPK fellow players if the player playing Vauban leaves or aborts mission.

- Once the enemy are trapped inside Vortex the Wave can end even if the enemy are still alive trapped.

This has nothing to do with being OP. Its a bug. People should know the difference....

Explain to me how any frame can be "too powerful" in an cooperative game?

The enemy doesn't have a strategy for fighting us. That is the problem. Their AI can't deal with intelligent players.

Please stop asking for nerfs. They don't help anyone. They only hurt the game and how it is played.

This has nothing to do with being OP. Its a bug. People should know the difference....

A bug has the potential to throw all balance out the window though. Imagine if an enemy had the capacity to suddenly destroy any player, regardless of level, with less than five hits. This is due to a bug that doesn't present damage correctly or ignores armor or something similar. Everyone would claim OP and they would be correct.

I understand what you're saying though. But arguing semantics doesn't help when in reality it is something that needs to be addressed regardless of what it is called.

something that needs to be addressed regardless of what it is called.

Agreed. But people here act like this is the way he was meant to be. Instead of making threads about his 4th being buggy in the bug section, no, they make threads about him being OP. Thats just ridiculous.....

Agreed. But people here act like this is the way he was meant to be. Instead of making threads about his 4th being buggy in the bug section, no, they make threads about him being OP. Thats just ridiculous.....

Agreed.

C'mon! i think only a small part of warframe's users has got the opportunity to "test" the vauban , so i think it's to soon for decide to nerf vauban, i think to leave him wihout nerf for a test period AND after it , to make a topic for decide if vauban is too powerful or not.I'm already sad because nerfed rhino "iron skin".

sorry for my bad english, it isn't my fitst language

Since the last update his 4th isn´t usefull anymore, it only doe like 30 - 45 DMG/Sec so you can´t even kill an lv 8 Grineer Heavy Gunner with it. Thats way to weak for an ability that costs 100 Energie every other 4th, exept Loki´s and Trinity´s, dose more DMG.

Edited by Darkuhn

Dude, not going to lie, the Vertex is powerful, and kind of OP, but, it's not an ability that you can use over and over and over, and not worry about energy cost, it's an ability that costs a lot, and in most cases can only be cast once. It has high damage, but very short pull range. I've used the Vauban a few times in Defence missions, and yes, I did score lots of kills with it, but mostly because I was smart about where I put it. A well placed vortex can be very powerful, same with any ability. You just need to know how to use it, and when is the right time.