Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Needs Copter Or Directional When We Got Bullet Jump

.Talia.

Doesn't look as fast as slide flip jumping for sure though.

Slide jumping is one of the moves I like since I can slide, flip then jump, slide, flip again etc,

Also if this is removing slide jumps, what happens to Maglev ?

It's not as far as the reeeeaally flingy one almost copter like slide jump (you know the one I'm talking about), but this actually takes you pretty far. And if you watch the one where it's combined with a double jump at the end—we're talking copter distance.

Plus it looks much cooler. With the slide jump, after the flip (which is like a .5 second animation) you're literally flying through the air while sitting in an invisible chair.

Also if this is removing slide jumps, what happens to Maglev ?

We will still be able to slide, I'm sure. This is just the new slide jump

Edited by Rexlars

Same here. I was skeptical about it at first as well. It's not as fast as coptering, but it still looks awesome.

Nothing will be as fast as coptering. Why is this still a concern. It's already been confirmed that we will be losing "some speed" because coptering was just that ridiculously fast. 

The problem with coptering was never that it was too fast.

The problem was that a select few weapons made you insanely fast, while if you chose anything that coptered like arse, you were always left behind.

It is a stupid feature.

Now we will be able to BJ(bullet-jump ofc) w/o using Tonbo or Dual Zorens etc. Yaaay!

I think it'll be way better now as long as it cooperates fine with other parkour maneuvers. 

So, so far Steve has confirmed in the Tweets that you can chain them between walls (Bullet to a wall, bullet from that wall run to another wall, double jump onto a platform, for example) so, honestly, with all the control they seem to be giving us, I'm not worried about Parkour 2.0, and I'm really excited with what they came up with. With this much control, (and seemingly, momentum gain, also it's alot less clunky, very smooth animations from what I see!), the game is alot more enjoyable, and you retain a sense of speed still.

do we even have a nice tileset to facilitate parkour 2.0? lol

Just make sprinting the fastest way to travel, and boom all of this fiasco is gone.

But i guess it's just DE being DE, they just love to overhaul/bandaid things than fixing the real problem. :)

do we even have a nice tileset to facilitate parkour 2.0? lol

Just make sprinting the fastest way to travel, and boom all of this fiasco is gone.

But i guess it's just DE being DE, they just love to overhaul/bandaid things than fixing the real problem. :)

I feel sorry for you if you don't like being able to play a game so that it looks and feels nice.

I will admit, that sample looked really good, I think this indeed could work as a copter replacement without the being-railshot thing.

However I still think wallrunning should stay, at least from an aesthetic standpoint, wallhop still looks silly as hell.

Steve said on twitter this maneuver will be the new Foward + Slide + Jump and it is independent of the equipped Melee weapon.

Does this mean it's replacing frontflipping or air sliding?

If it replaces air sliding, will the animation cancel things such as charging with bows etc.? If it does I'm not happy about this at all.

Apparently, yes. Unless Steve made a mistake when explaining how to perform this maneuver. 

WFgCZBk.jpg

From what i understood of Steve's Tweet, this is indeed the new Foward + Slide + Jump. Unless i'm misinterpreting what he meant.

Rebecca showed Radial Blind "Slide" with Excalibro awhile back. (Sharkwing transition devstream number 52-53?)

Steve seems to be showing running +jump. Not sliding +jump.

Based on the description for

Controller: Forward Bumper Jump

Works the same in Titanfall. Run + jump button. I could be wrong though :( lol

It's not as far as the reeeeaally flingy one almost copter like slide jump (you know the one I'm talking about), but this actually takes you pretty far. And if you watch the one where it's combined with a double jump at the end—we're talking copter distance.

Plus it looks much cooler. With the slide jump, after the flip (which is like a .5 second animation) you're literally flying through the air while sitting in an invisible chair.

We will still be able to slide, I'm sure. This is just the new slide jump.

Sorry mate, doesn't look anywhere near coptering distance to me

I clarified this with Steve ON twitter last night, and he told me I was correct! :-)  I am @Rgkelly87  -- Basically here is the deal with the maneuver:  You need to push forward, trigger a slide and then jump to do this.  Here is the catch:  You no longer need to be sprinting for crouch to trigger a slide!  :-) :-)  RIP in Pieces to my Left joystick, but now I can rejoice!!!!!!!!!

Also - Merging with a topic regarding the same tweet!

I clarified this with Steve ON twitter last night, and he told me I was correct! :-)  I am @Rgkelly87  -- Basically here is the deal with the maneuver:  You need to push forward, trigger a slide and then jump to do this.  Here is the catch:  You no longer need to be sprinting for crouch to trigger a slide!  :-) :-)  RIP in Pieces to my Left joystick, but now I can rejoice!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that sounds a million times better than coptering. I never liked the fact that i had to sprint in order to slide. This new mechanic is going to be great and looks very pleasing to the eyes.

Your explanation is even more confusing.

So youre saying we can standstill and do slides?

Will we still have "regular"slides?

Wow, that sounds a million times better than coptering. I never liked the fact that i had to sprint in order to slide. This new mechanic is going to be great and looks very pleasing to the eyes.

Yes, I agree...  My left joystick is going to fall off on PS4 from clicking R3 (Clicking the joystick in) to sprint and slide.... LOL!  I seriously think this is one of the best QoL changes + the coolest looking animation (2 in 1) package we have gotten in warframe thus far.  The bullet jump into double jump looks absurdly cool.  

Your explanation is even more confusing.

So youre saying we can standstill and do slides?

Will we still have "regular"slides?

I'm not sure!  It looks like it.. I would assume so!  I can't answer that 100% for sure!  But Steve's comment was that "jogging" is enough to trigger a slide with the crouch button.  (I hope this helps clear it up!?)

Yes, I agree...  My left joystick is going to fall off on PS4 from clicking R3 (Clicking the joystick in) to sprint and slide.... LOL!  I seriously think this is one of the best QoL changes + the coolest looking animation (2 in 1) package we have gotten in warframe thus far.  The bullet jump into double jump looks absurdly cool.  

Do you not have autosprint options on ps4?

My explaination sums it up. See muh Titanfall post on page 6 lol

Bumper Jumping.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck