Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide Jump

Truth99

Question

Hello guys,

Since i have played warframe i just never used slide jumping (sprint + slide + jump) because for 1 there is coptering and 2 it was just too hard, but with the new parkour 2.0 bullet jump i will be forced to use it..now my question is how do u guys do it? I press forward and crouch to slide normally but the problem is the space button because i have to remove my hand fully from my mouse to press space which may even jump in the wrong direction.....can someone tell me how its smoothly done?

22 answers to this question

In my case, i use they keybinding of "Toggle to Crouch" instead of "hold to crouch".

Therefore i press sprint, and while pressing it i tooge crouch (i'm sliding atm), then with the same finger of crouch i press space, since i use toggle crouch i will remain crouched/sliding.

Btw, i did arranged my keybinding to:

Left Shift - Sprint

Left Alt - Toggle Crouch

Left Ctrl - Crouch

Q - Roll

Works wonders

Your right hand should never need to leave your mouse.

your left hand should naturally be able to rest on shift, a, w, d, space (pinky on shift, and thumb on space), just bring your pinky down to ctrl when needed, and then you have the perfect set up to do any maneuver needed in warframe.

Edited by rapt0rman

In my case, i use they keybinding of "Toggle to Crouch" instead of "hold to crouch".

Therefore i press sprint, and while pressing it i tooge crouch (i'm sliding atm), then with the same finger of crouch i press space, since i use toggle crouch i will remain crouched/sliding.

Btw, i did arranged my keybinding to:

Left Shift - Sprint

Left Alt - Toggle Crouch

Left Ctrl - Crouch

Q - Roll

Works wonders

Thanks a lot i am gonna try it out.

EDIT:It worked thanks a lot man <3

Are you disabled?

Why cant you use your other hand for spacebar?

I dont understand. You say remove your hand fully from your mouse.

Wow just wow u must be blind my friend.

because i have to remove my hand fully from my mouse to press space which may even jump me in the wrong direction

i clearly said this ^ so PLEASE don't insult me when u didn't even read.

Edited by Truth99

Your right hand should never need to leave your mouse.

your left hand should naturally be able to rest on shift, a, w, d, space (pinky on shift, and thumb on space), just bring your pinky down to ctrl when needed, and then you have the perfect set up to do any maneuver needed in warframe.

Well i actually use my thumb for ctrl xD and using my pinky for pressing ctrl is kinda hard for me i will try endurance's suggestion to use the toggle as it may make it easier for me

I use default bindings

Pinky finger - Hold down shift to sprint with end of pinky finger (just press the button normally)

Rock pinky finger backward so it flattens out, this compresses 'Ctrl', and moves thumb out a bit toward space bar.

Hit space bar with thumb now.

EDIT:

Pinky covers Sprint + Crouch (causing slide)

Thumb hits space to jump.

Edited by MillbrookWest

I did read. That why I asked if you were disabled. Not my fault a "master race wannabe" doesnt know how to rebind keys to be more user friendly.

Oh..so thats what this is about.. u are an xbox user so its only natural to rage at me and insult me? just please i would like to take an advice from someone who is willing to help people than someone who is mad at me because i am a pc user.

Oh..so thats what this is about.. u are an xbox user so its only natural to rage at me and insult me? just please i would like to take an advice from someone who is willing to help people than someone who is mad at me because i am a pc user.

Im not mad yer a pc user... lol Im upset you assumed I was asking a stupid question about you possibly being disabled.

If you had been or are, my next response would have been different. As in how to rebind for that. 

I did also say I dont understand what you meant.

I use default bindings

Pinky finger - Hold down shift to sprint with end of pinky finger (just press the button normally)

Rock pinky finger backward so it flattens out, this compresses 'Ctrl', and moves thumb out a bit toward space bar.

Hit space bar with thumb now.

EDIT:

Pinky covers Sprint + Crouch (causing slide)

Thumb hits space to jump.

I am not using my pinky for sprinting either i am using my 4th finger (ring finger) and my thumb for crouch, but i tried the toggle option now and it works wonders so all is ok now thanks for trying to help :)

Im not mad yer a pc user... lol Im upset you assumed I was asking a stupid question about you possibly being disabled.

If you had been or are, my next response would have been different. As in how to rebind for that. 

I did also say I dont understand what you meant.

Well bolding ur sentence and talking like that it's only natural for me to actually take offense as if u are shouting at me anyways its cool the problem is solved.

Edited by Truth99

Hold W (Forward) with middle finger

Hold Left Shift (Sprint) with pinkie

Release Left Shift > Hold Left Ctrl (Crouch) with pinkie

Press Space (Jump) with thumb

I am using this kind of keyboard...

ID0040.png

You could also try rebinding crouch/space to your mouse.

Edited by Hakitojin

Hello guys,

Since i have played warframe i just never used slide jumping (sprint + slide + jump) because for 1 there is coptering and 2 it was just too hard, but with the new parkour 2.0 bullet jump i will be forced to use it..now my question is how do u guys do it? I press forward and crouch to slide normally but the problem is the space button because i have to remove my hand fully from my mouse to press space which may even jump in the wrong direction.....can someone tell me how its smoothly done?

Alternatively, you can use wall running and wall bouncing instead of slide jumps. And we'll see what happens with aerial melee attacks too.

I am not using my pinky for sprinting either i am using my 4th finger (ring finger) and my thumb for crouch, but i tried the toggle option now and it works wonders so all is ok now thanks for trying to help :)

Well bolding ur sentence and talking like that it's only natural for me to actually take offense as if u are shouting at me anyways its cool the problem is solved.

Bolding has nothing to do with me. Sometimes the x1 goes to bold automatically and I cant change it. Sometimes it normal like this.

Hold W (Forward) with middle finger

Hold Left Ctrl (Crouch) with pinkie

Press Space (Jump) with thumb

I am using this kind of keyboard...

You could also try rebinding crouch/space to your mouse.

You missed sprint.

Normally, I put my pinkie on the lower edge of the SHIFT key, so when I'm holding shift, I can just bend it slightly to also press ctrl. it's not like I use CTRL for long durations, so it doesn't tire my fingers out.

OP, if that's difficult, I would just suggest rebinding keys -- probably the 'toggle crouch' option.

Hello guys,

You missed sprint.

Normally, I put my pinkie on the lower edge of the SHIFT key, so when I'm holding shift, I can just bend it slightly to also press ctrl. it's not like I use CTRL for long durations, so it doesn't tire my fingers out.

Ops, it seems I do it without even realising it, lol

You missed sprint.

OP, if that's difficult, I would just suggest rebinding keys -- probably the 'toggle crouch' option.

Yea the toggle crouch option worked and i marked the thread solved.

I'm a bit confused by this and wondering if I've been missing something that may be useful all this time. Sounds like all it is is pressing jump while sliding but from all the detail in the answers for something as simple as that, I'm wondering whether I've not really understood.

I'm a bit confused by this and wondering if I've been missing something that may be useful all this time. Sounds like all it is is pressing jump while sliding but from all the detail in the answers for something as simple as that, I'm wondering whether I've not really understood.

That simple :) jump while sliding.

From what Ive seen, we will be able to do a second jump after. Doublejumping.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

GOD this thread was confusing the F*** outta me until this post.

OP, let me ask you a question: Are you left handed? Are you using your right hand for the WASD keys and the left hand on the mouse? 'Cause there's no way I can contort my left hand to reach the ctrl key with my thumb comfortably.

Okay, no, wait... ring finger for shift makes no sense again.

...What? How the hell are you using the keyboard? If its left thumb on Ctril and Ring on Shift that's only two keys for WASD and no way to hit the spacebar.

I'm back to utterly confused.

Edited by Darzk

GOD this thread was confusing the F*** outta me until this post.

OP, let me ask you a question: Are you left handed? Are you using your right hand for the WASD keys and the left hand on the mouse? 'Cause there's no way I can contort my left hand to reach the ctrl key with my thumb comfortably.

Okay, no, wait... ring finger for shift makes no sense again.

...What? How the hell are you using the keyboard? If its left thumb on Ctril and Ring on Shift that's only two keys for WASD and no way to hit the spacebar.

I'm back to utterly confused.

This thread became more complicated than i expected lol. Ok to clarify i am right handed i use the mouse and keyboard the same way everyone else does but in a slightly different way in gaming, i use my ring finger for shift and and my thumb for ctrl and space, its kinda hard for me to move my pinkie to shift key while keeping my other 3 fingers on wasd and even more harder to move it down to ctrl, so since i started playing WF i am just suiting myself using the way i mentioned ^ i actually took some pictures of how i do it so that u can guys understand it

ivivt5.jpg

ivivt5.jpg

I have a similar issue in that I don't like having to stretch to control with my little finger. That's why I pretty much always change crouch to alt in these types of games. It feels a lot more natural than what I imagine using your thumb for Ctrl would...although obviously I haven't tried it....because its weird :p

Edited by NuggetsTheCat