Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need An Excalibur Buff!

Kasseopea

Ok, we have to talk over this grave matter.

Excalibur already got a tiny buff (those wind-swords) and it is a step in the right direction, however (!)

1. He still cannot do a T4 defense solo up to wave 100.

2. He still is not able to kill all enemies on the map simultaneusly.

3. His damage is not infinite and thus enemies still can (theoretically, if they are about Lv200) survive even AFTER one of those energy blades hit them.

So, these are my main complaints. Don't fret! I have also a solution - first off his Exalted Blades should be changed into a global AoE. This way, he has to aim even less than now and be more efficient. Secondly - the damage should take away a percentage of the enemy's HP, rather than having a set damage like all those other frame (namely 100%). And, which is most important, Excalibur should get a permanent shield in the amount of the damage he deals with those blades. 

The last change would be, that he should be able to use his abilities even in Nullifier-bubbles. The reason is - he is Excalibur.

I don't want him to be overpowered or anything, just a bit better than all those other warframes who nobody needs anyways. All hail Excalibur. Excalibur is love, Excalibur is live.

(You are free to take this feedback with a grain of SALT)

P.S. Seriously though, what the hell - Ex dealing more damage than a fully modded, 6-forma Opticor? You fckn s***ting me DE?

Edited by Kasseopea

This post brings joy to my soul.

Im glad

Ok......???

Ok!

Didn't they say that they'll look at the numbers and adjust if needed? (wait for them adjustments)

Yeah, DE say a lot of things. Like Year of Quality™

Edited by Kasseopea

can you do 100 waves with other frames ?

No, you cannot and thats the whole point. Look at the supposed-to-be damage frames like Ember. She barely kills anything with her ultimate unless its either tiny or costs like 300 energy. Ex is now the ultimate warframe and everyone plays him, which tells us about his balance

Well played sir, for a moment I truly feared you were seriously asking for a buff..

With pleasure

Edited by Kasseopea

No, you cannot and thats the whole point. Look at the supposed-to-be damage frames like Ember. She barely kills anything with her ultimate unless its either tiny or costs like 300 energy. Ex is now the ultimate warframe and everyone plays him, which tells us about his balance

With pleasure

Well, we have to admit that even if Excalibur is not the godly warframe you painted in the OP, he's still damn powerful.

It's not just the flavour of the week, he's indeed late game viable!

They dont need to nerf excal to make ember players feel better, they need to buff ember and every other damage-based frame up to speed. Warframe isn't the same game it used to be. Lots of the older frames need a looking into to adjust to the future of the game.

3. His damage is not infinite and thus enemies still can (theoretically, if they are about Lv200) survive even AFTER one of those energy blades hit them.

This is past usual end-game standards. Why is this necessary? Also, your second point applies to every frame aside from Nova, maybe a few others

This is past usual end-game standards. Why is this necessary? Also, your second point applies to every frame aside from Nova, maybe a few others

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

I think the only thing op here is your sarcasm... other than that, excal is fine leave him alone >:(

He is not even close to being "fine" - aside from Mirage he has by FAR the highest damage output in the whole game now. You dont even see an Ex using ANY other ability anymore, they just run around and trololololol with their blades all over the place. And it take the fun out of the game for everyone else, because you can just run to the exit at that point, you wont be killing anything, thats for sure.

Edited by Kasseopea

Ok, we have to talk over this grave matter.

Excalibur already got a tiny buff (those wind-swords) and it is a step in the right direction, however (!)

1.This is a team play based game and if you really wanna do it have you ever heard of max range zephyr turbulence which literally deflects all

projectile weapons including homing missiles of bombard completely and hitscan weapons and deflected if in range and with max range an enemies default reaction range of shooting accurately is covered.

2.No frame can do it atleast not at endgame atleast.

3.As the present enemy scaling goes you are not supposed to be able to kill an enemy of that level as you are supposed to be outclassed,outgunned by that time. As the name survival insists ,you are not supposed to go on for infinity. I would'nt want to play warframe if you got lv 3 enemies at appolodorus when you cross 90 minute mark.

And about nullifiers you say, If he does'nt negate your abilities who is supposed to.

What you are saying is basically make him so op that you just need to press a button or two from time to time to kill everything at t4 def wave 100 lv 2oo enemies while you go out have a drink ,party,comeback and go to sleep.

This is worse than mesa gmag combo.

Edited by SharkPot

I will quote myself from another thread, and about the excessive damage of #4, well, let's wait and see...

I can't let go of mine, have been playing it since the rework, mostly in the void, and hardly find any other frame to take my lead on damage, but it is not just because of the new ultimate, it is because now you have a frame with 4 different excellent abilities, that synergize perfectly with each other.

There is not need to nerf anything, I've seen a lot of new excals that use only the last ability, playing poorly, and going down often (something easily counteracted by mobility with 1, CC with 2, and panic button with 3, this last one if you are not past a certain mark on endless, of course).

The noise though, is really irritating, I do agree.

Ok, First off - how are there people in this world who are not Sheldon from BBT and don't get that the first post was blantanly sarcastic.

Secondly - yes, he got buffs to become relevant, but they overachieved here. The ability is just far too good.

Edited by Kasseopea

To complement my previous statement, Excal today is a rare breed of frame because:

- He is powerful, he can clear the map, but contrary to other frames, you have to actually play to get there

- He is fun

- He has CC, offensive ability and mobility, in other words, all his powers are useful

- He works extremely better in the hands of an skilled player

- He has matching stats for the role he is now taking

- He is a team player, his CC benefits all members in the squad

So, he is powerful, not OP, because he is a pack of good things put together, stop blaming his ultimate, for once DE showed up an incredible amount of though to one work under their belt, give us a little time to enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by nmuaddib