Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bought The "hunter Founder Pack"

Zantestsuken

Why did you buy your Founder pack?

Because you wanted to support the developers? Because you felt like you had to get items in game? For status?

Because it's a great game that somehow managed to give paying players a good bonus without dramatically making them "better" than f2p players. :P That's my guess, anyway.

I've never put much, if any, money into an online game up to this point. WF changed my mind-- I plan to put some money into this very soon. I just hope the Founder's program will stay long enough for me to grab a package.

Edited by Kingly_Bacon

Congrats, OP, and I agree with your sentiments. I started playing with no intention to spend money, because free games come and go like the tides, it seems. But after a few weeks, I found myself still really enjoying the game, and got in at the Disciple level. Upgraded later to Hunter, still pondering Master because I'd love access to the Design Council. The platinum is convenient for vanity items, slots, and potatoes, but my primary motivation was to support the game and the devs who have been very open and honest with their development process. Lots of respect for the work they're doing.

For once it's nice to play a meaty PC game that's designed entirely according to the developers' wishes, with community feedback.

Congrats, OP, and I agree with your sentiments. I started playing with no intention to spend money, because free games come and go like the tides, it seems. But after a few weeks, I found myself still really enjoying the game, and got in at the Disciple level. Upgraded later to Hunter, still pondering Master because I'd love access to the Design Council. The platinum is convenient for vanity items, slots, and potatoes, but my primary motivation was to support the game and the devs who have been very open and honest with their development process. Lots of respect for the work they're doing.

For once it's nice to play a meaty PC game that's designed entirely according to the developers' wishes, with community feedback.

Quote. Still, I purchased because it's my feeling that this should be a title, like in the old days, wich you buy and play. Without any online addictional costs, of course.

No, I don't agree. 

Do you guys agree? Should we all make this "sacrifice" (c'mon 50 € was the price of AC3 and we all know how it felt to see our money down the toilet)? Isn't this a way to help improving the game?

I have a problem with the current system (namely alerts, as you can tell by my ever-increasingly long canned response to all alert threads) and don't like what it encourages. If I pay now, it implies that I don't actually care about the game, only that I gain access to content. I believe this applies to everyone who also has major problems with any current system- by paying they're effectively sacrificing their voice on the matter because money talks, and they gave DE their money. If your issue with the game was really that big, you wouldn't have spent money on the game, right?

I don't want to give the developers the idea that what they're doing is alright if I don't actually think this is the case. I remember the last game whose flaws I tried to look past and spent money on anyway- now it's effectively dead to me because all the devs ever release is promotions selling cosmetic recolors. I don't want Warframe's potential to be wasted like Spiral Knights'.

No, I don't agree. 

I have a problem with the current system (namely alerts, as you can tell by my ever-increasingly long canned response to all alert threads) and don't like what it encourages. If I pay now, it implies that I don't actually care about the game, only that I gain access to content. I believe this applies to everyone who also has major problems with any current system- by paying they're effectively sacrificing their voice on the matter because money talks, and they gave DE their money. If your issue with the game was really that big, you wouldn't have spent money on the game, right?

I don't want to give the developers the idea that what they're doing is alright if I don't actually think this is the case. I remember the last game whose flaws I tried to look past and spent money on anyway- now it's effectively dead to me because all the devs ever release is promotions selling cosmetic recolors. I don't want Warframe's potential to be wasted like Spiral Knights'.

What content you're not getting acces to?

What content you're not getting acces to?

By not buying plat, it's effectively impossible for me to play vauban and other alert system/plat items. Also slots.

Edited by Argoms

As stated before: I need slots. For everything else tgere is farmin' n' patience

Based on the alerts so far, vauban is likely to not appear as all three parts for months. That's not my point though. My point is, access to anything that plat could give me is not worth it because it sacrifices my voice.

Based on the alerts so far, vauban is likely to not appear as all three parts for months. That's not my point though. My point is, access to anything that plat could give me is not worth it because it sacrifices my voice.

It's been less than a week since Vauban was added and already one part was up.

How did you do that math?

Also, 1311 posts sound like a lot of voice.

Do any of you guys know when the founders packs aren't going to be available anymore? i really want to get one but haven't got the money atm ):

I don't know this for sure, but the way I understood it (back when they were talking about ending the Founders Program, which they don't seem to be anymore) my impression was that the entire Founders Program would be taken down, in favor of some new promotion. 

Also, far as I know, they've never said a word about what the new promotion might be.

It's been less than a week since Vauban was added and already one part was up.

How did you do that math?

Also, 1311 posts sound like a lot of voice.

Assuming parts are as rare as artifacts here. Artifacts make up 0.9% of all alerts so far.

Assuming parts are as rare as artifacts here. Artifacts make up 0.9% of all alerts so far.

0.9% of all alerts so far. Seeing as there's 1 or 2 alert going on at all times, that doesn't sound too bad.

DE also mentioned they're looking into changing the alert system

Seriously, one Vauban parts per week doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully this will encourage people who must have Vauban now to buy him through plat. I missed the alert but there's one more frame I haven't played and that will keep be busy while DE fixes Vauban glitches and changes alert system

0.9% of all alerts so far. Seeing as there's 1 or 2 alert going on at all times, that doesn't sound too bad.

DE also mentioned they're looking into changing the alert system

Seriously, one Vauban parts per week doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully this will encourage people who must have Vauban now to buy him through plat. I missed the alert but there's one more frame I haven't played and that will keep be busy while DE fixes Vauban glitches and changes alert system

One Vauban part per week in no way implies that you'll get it in three weeks. Especially since you might not even get this one part because you're not in the right time zone. If you want to talk about alerts, talk to the canned response.

I always have the same thing to say on alerts, so here's all the other threads that share similar views. tl;dr: alerts system is flawed (as a method of content distribution) and needs changing. DE currently appear to be looking at alerts and ways to improve them.

(this is a quote from DE rebecca in the may 19th hot feedback thread)
There has been suggestions of ways to improve the alerts (adding a token system, generating Alerts based on time logged in, etc), and these are being seen.

One Vauban part per week in no way implies that you'll get it in three weeks. Especially since you might not even get this one part because you're not in the right time zone. If you want to talk about alerts, talk to the canned response.

I always have the same thing to say on alerts, so here's all the other threads that share similar views. tl;dr: alerts system is flawed (as a method of content distribution) and needs changing. DE currently appear to be looking at alerts and ways to improve them.

You seem to refuse read few tiny paragraphs I've wrote and you expect me to pages and pages of forum thread?

You seem to refuse read few tiny paragraphs I've wrote and you expect me to pages and pages of forum thread?

DE's position has been that plat prices are meant to dissuade people from buying equipment directly over earning them ingame.

0.9% of alerts are artifacts. That means that each individual artifact has a 0.09% chance of dropping. Vauban's parts were stated to be rare as an artifact, not as every artifact put together, right? That means that the "common" vauban parts have a 0.09% chance of dropping, not a 0.9% chance.

Im sure gonna at least update to a Hunters pack... Im loving the game, and I want to pay the extra 30 bucks because I want to support the game even more. Unfortunately I see too many people whining, the game wont ever be 100% for everybody, so chill out and enjoy some kills for gods sake. Its a game.

Ive played other online games that I only payed to have a premium account or stuff to get things more practical, here Im not paying to get stuff more practical, and yes because I want to support such an awesome f2p, I didnt use a single plat to buy weapons or frames, Im getting them out of my hardwork (and thats a lot, 70+ runs just on the Frost bps).

Hope they warn us before the Founders end so I can grab my pack and get that pretty Excalibur Prime (:

:)

I have no regrets with my purchase. I have had more fun playing this game over the last three weeks then I had the last 5 months of playing Firefall. I have already seen a return on my investment as far as fun goes.

I'd spend more at the bar with friends and do it in a fraction of the time.

In case anyone's going to bring this up, I do not have anything against people who've spent money on this game. It's their money and their choice. I've only got something against people who say everyone should spend money on this game (as in the "stop whining, support the devs already" guys).

Edited by Argoms