Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Can I Just Suggest "great-Schythes"?

(XBOX)naruto1171

We have greatswords, an abnormally large hammer which could go as a "great-hammer", so why not great-scythes [or heavy scythes]?

I dunno if it's because some of my first exposure to scythe weaponry was from Ninja Gaiden and dot Hack, but the ones in Warframe are rather...puny. Scythe's are a rare delicacy in any game and in my honest opinion none of the one's currently in Warframe do much justice to the weapon category other than the Ether reaper and that's mostly in looks alone.

I'd imagine most would have numbers similar to our current heavy weapons but spread over 2 stats i.e. 112 dmg with 60 in slash and 52 in impact. As for stances, I'd imagine something involving arcing strikes and spirals with minimal movement would sound about right, in the event that they'd operate too similar to current heavy weapons to warrant it's own weapon type, hammer stances or atleast crushing ruin seem like they'd fit the bill.

Also, before arguing realism of using one of these, let's forget the rocket-propelled wrecking ball attached to a stick, or how graciously the body-lengthed Galatine is swung around with tempo royal, plus were space ninjas >_>. And there are many large scythes that aren't too comically over sized and decently proportioned, inspiration below:

SS45.jpg

Multibladed scythes

GPmL5Wd.jpg

daKmctW.jpg

Weightless energy scythes?

2P744We.jpg

JltOhKi.jpg

Chainsaw scythes? Multi-hit?

2M5ROyA.jpg

This looks "Tenno" shaped

ZK2lEmM.jpg

trtMKs0.jpg

7LxMuUk.png

Probably too big but almost looks infested inspired

Please DE?

Edited by (XB1)naruto1171

While this COULD work, wouldn't it be just a matter of aesthetics?

To an extent but then again that's almost like saying the Galatine or Gram are there for mostly aesthetic purposes because we have the Dakra or Nikana, the way the current scythes work isn't quite the way the much larger ones are usually handled, fewer strikes, much wider radius, more 360 degree attacks, violent upward or downward smashes, the occasional wind or energy wave and of course more damage. Plus as I've suggested they'd mostly focus on 2 physical types, due to their designs and weight, heavy scythes could sensibly fit just about any combo of the 3 physical elements.

Edited by (XB1)naruto1171

hell, i'd be happy if existing scythes set themself apart from other weapon styles by having massive spin-attack damage.

or better yet... a separate critical chance for spin attacks, so that you had a higher chance of doing more damage with a sweeping strike from a scythe.

or 2.0x chanelling multiplier to give some uniquity among chanelling weapons.

While this COULD work, wouldn't it be just a matter of aesthetics?

What is all melee?

I mean, aside from varying degrees of inconvenience caused by their respective combo's, all melee is largely the same thing with different aesthetics.

I kinda understand why scythes were short in melee 1.0, they need to fit on back and must have been perfectly usable with quick melee but now?? Shaft should extend and we should get full sized scythe.

Tbh idk why design philosophy stayed the same with melee 2.0, look at silva and aegis, its really tiny despite shield actually extending.