Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Aura, Steel Charge Or Energy Siphon

Flame-bird

Question

15 answers to this question

well, ES doesnt do anything when your IN EB, where as SC does. I have yet to forma my aura slot on excal, so I have a build for Ability damage (180% power str with intensify and TF and steel charge (for radial jav and/or EB and still have 175% efficiency) and I have a build for normal power str (100%) but I have the Rejuvenation aura as Excal is great for soloing al ot of things now and having the HP regen is nice.

If I was forced to choose between those two, I would pick Steel Charge. Most, if not all, of Excal's abilities will benefit from increased melee damage.

Personally, I use Enemy radar because I dont have any Energy or damage issues. Instead, I would much rather know where the enemies are so I can be more effective with my kills

steel charge will give you the additional damage and if you have a rage mod on your excal energy should not be a big issue

This! if you use rage, exalted blade will expose you to damage all the time so energy won't be any problem.

SC will add a lot less damage than CP against armored targets, tho. 

Consider, a level 40 gunner only takes 12.9% damage; with a single CP it's increased to 17.5%, which is a damage increase of 35.6%

In comparison, SC adds 60% damage on top of 320-420% base damage (depending on melee mods), which is a damage increase of only 18.75%-14.3%

Consider, a level 40 gunner only takes 12.9% damage; with a single CP it's increased to 17.5%, which is a damage increase of 35.6%

In comparison, SC adds 60% damage on top of 320-420% base damage (depending on melee mods), which is a damage increase of only 18.75%-14.3%

Wow my brain hurts from all the analyzing of a freaking game mechanic. Can't people just go out and enjoy what they want without all this min/max calculations everywhere!!!

The Question was plain & simple Energy Siphon or Steel Charge. CP is useless with so many ways around not needing that mod. I never use it and probably never will just sits for fodder when needed.

I second what DogManDan said. P.S. I love your YouTube vids DogManDan and I got around Warframe pretty nicely with weapon comparisons and builds off of your channel. Thanks a bunch :D Edited by PH03N1XUS

Wow my brain hurts from all the analyzing of a freaking game mechanic. Can't people just go out and enjoy what they want without all this min/max calculations everywhere!!!

The Question was plain & simple Energy Siphon or Steel Charge. CP is useless with so many ways around not needing that mod. I never use it and probably never will just sits for fodder when needed.

min-maxing the mechanics isnt a form of enjoying the game?

and i dont recall there being a plethora of methods to reduce enemy armor easily and effectively. the most conventional method is to rely on a multitude of corro procs to achieve the same result as the ever so infinite scaling capabilities of cp, making it impractical esp when youll have to do it over and over for each enemy. 

ill leave out calcs since you dont like them, but have you ever tried going beyond 40mins in a t4s without any cp? 

lets take a community favorite: the boltor prime. way before the buff on the void, my squad had 3 cp and thought it was fine. at 50mins, i was unloading full clips into heavy gunners before they would drop, therefore the boltor prime has enough ammo for 10 heavy gunners. that was not fun ofc, so i havent touched that gun since then. 

i agree that ppl should have fun when playing a game, but its unrealistic to down put a mod that allows you to sustain for longer periods of time. 

I kept my aura slot blank and added five forma to excalibur. I can run any build and use any aura on him, the only downside is I put in a ton of work to keep that aura slot as blank. I also did the same thing to my trinity, which can run many kinds of builds and use any aura. In general though, Corrosive Projection is the most useful aura. The armor scaling is too exponential where steel charge would pay off less in late game. Steel charge is only good for early game until later when armor scaling gets too high.

The armor scaling gets so bad that only a 4 CP team can be viable later. You can immediately notice the difference if say one squad member drops late game, which does happen when you're one hour into the void of T4 S. The difference is ridiculous with how much your damage is cut from a 10% armor boost by the enemies.

Advice is this, get everybody to use CP, mod for slash damage and viral if you're really set on going past an hour or up to two.

Edited by ivlr3vil