Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music Variation

xcatdarkness

i made a post about this in the fan concepts, but was told this was a better place to post it, as i dont know how to ask a mod to move it here i will just quote it & add some ideas iv had since making it, hopefully this is ok if not will have to speak to a mod ect ect,,,,,,

"The idea is simple, instead of just having music for differnt tile sets, to ad more music variation to the game each mission type should get its own music, with a variation for tile set, faction, ambient & combat.

As it stands there isnt enough music variation in the game to justify having it turned on. Dispite the music in the game being good alot of players have it turned off & i think if the game where to have more music in it so that when your running long missions or alot of short ones, you hear more then just one ambient and one combat track.

simply put the game needs more music & music variation. "

now that said i also think that enimie density and level should influnce the intensity of the music, like say your surrounded by infested the drums start beating harder and when there are less enimies around maybe the beat stops and come back when the flow is continued, now i know that there would have to be some leway considering how fast tenno can clear a room, but I think its an idea worth exploring.

I hope this feedback has given you at the very least something to think about, please have a nice day. 

PS maybe add some quire stuff to void??

Edited by xcatdarkness

Thanks for the suggestions xcatdarkness.  We actually do vary the intensity of the music depending on how many enemies you are fighting.  If you are alone then only ambient music will play.  Fighting a large group of enemies will have more combat music layers added in.

Also, each enemy faction has their own music.  So, Corpus maps will never have Grineer music, and vice-versa.  The same goes for the Void and for the Infested.

There are plans to add even more music in near future so stay tuned for that!

Thanks for the suggestions xcatdarkness.  We actually do vary the intensity of the music depending on how many enemies you are fighting.  If you are alone then only ambient music will play.  Fighting a large group of enemies will have more combat music layers added in.

I've never noticed this, although it may be because I'm often too caught up fighting enemies to notice it. I'll definitely try to pay attention to this more in the future.

-snip-

IS THAT A PUN??

I love the music in Warframe. Most of it is very qualitative and diverse, and the drums, the drums!

Currently (for me) Corpus tile sets seem to have the least variation. Having too much music everywhere might be too much, but an extra song every couple of months would make a world of a difference in how repetitive missions sound.

I've never noticed this, although it may be because I'm often too caught up fighting enemies to notice it. I'll definitely try to pay attention to this more in the future.

you bring up a good point, for the most part its almost impossible to hear the music of the screams of infested dieing in ODD for example

I really miss tracks like "Coming Storm" and "Wake Up Tenno" (old "kneeling starchart" music). Probably just nostalgia, but more music is always good!

"Cold and Gold" is one of my favorite songs of all time. Fantastic work, Keith Power!

Going back to the old drum tracks at times is never a bad thing though; sometimes simplicity is best.

EDIT: Just read a translation someone did of the Latin during "Cold and Gold"...little shivers there down my spine.

Edited by Magneu

I really miss tracks like "Coming Storm" and "Wake Up Tenno" (old "kneeling starchart" music). Probably just nostalgia, but more music is always good!

"Cold and Gold" is one of my favorite songs of all time. Fantastic work, Keith Power!

Going back to the old drum tracks at times is never a bad thing though; sometimes simplicity is best.

EDIT: Just read a translation someone did of the Latin during "Cold and Gold"...little shivers there down my spine.

Same for me.. :)

Also, each enemy faction has their own music.  So, Corpus maps will never have Grineer music, and vice-versa.  The same goes for the Void and for the Infested.

I think that is the most important in the first post isn't the "add music depending on the playstyle", it's "add different musics per factions"...

I mean, the Corpus song is great, thanks, but if we hear the same awesome song everytime, well, it simply won't feel awesome at all, like eating your favourite meal everyday for a month ("oh,it's that meal again. -_-" You'd even end up disliking it!)

I found Cold & Gold calm part amazing, but now it's just like hearing the traffic from my window : nothing special anymore...

Moreover : it adds to the feeling of repetitiveness players have towards Warframe.

People see the same maps, get the same items, and hear the same music. No wonder they (not me, I like Stealth & the landscapes) try to copter & finish the missions as fast as possible & skip the maximum... :/

We're waiting for some fresh air that won't end in a matter of days, and I believe that you can deliver this... :)