Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Games

I wanted to get thoughts on other farming games, other than Warframe-- What do you guys see in them? Get out of them?

Is it enjoyable?

Is this really the kind of life you want?

IS THIS REALLY HOW YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR LIFE????

ESA_BIC_Flanders_c.jpg

We were using RPG Maker to make a game based on growing enemies to kill for loot.

Each enemy had a 0.005% percent chance to drop an exclusive rare item. Early enemies were quick to grow, stronger enemies took longer. If you didn't kill them quickly after they finished growing, they would start attacking the other enemies that you were growing.

We called it Mob Farming.

Edited by DBugII

I once played a game where you didn´t only farm for better gear but also farmed for levels to be able to use the gear you are farming for (if you even manage to get it).

Eventually amount of grind went so stupid that you had to farm for levels to get gear needed to actually play in the area you are grinding in.

That was the moment I stopped.

Grind in Warframe? It´s like being in heaven compared to that abomination.

Yes.

I have grown addicted and this is a very bad thing.

(I'm really bad at pvp... SO much like halo and it hurts.. I used to be so good.. Now.. Im trash)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018451246810/2305843009320115742

I seriously don't understand how people can play destiny. It's had little improvement from its launch and I watched my flatmate fighting Scholus?(Idk) yesterday and the game is just pumped full of BS and artificial difficulty.

I laughed at them struggling to take down these AI only to do like 2 shots on the boss and run around for another 5 minutes to fire off two more, asying that when you shoot him he spawns more AI minions. And I said to them "why don't you just shoot the boss and move around so the AI don't get a shot on you, a game like destiny wouldn't support more than 20 on screen plus a boss" and they gave there usual hurr durr answer that meant nothing to me. Anyway I walked away and came back like 2 hours later and they were just like "yaay we beat the boss, know what we did? we just kept shooting the boss because the game doesn't keep spawning AI, it reached it's spawn limit". I just shook my head and walked away. Apparently something that was blatently obvious to me, who doesn't even play the game, was too complex for them, who do, to understand.

-snip-

I understand the game completely.

I just feel like it's Halo and Borderlands mixed together, I mean, I know how to play it and it's just a relaxing pass time for me.

We all have our own likes and dislikes and I just happen to like Destiny.