Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Concern After Seeing Parkour 2.0

PixalatedVortex

My point isn't that you can't stop. It's that this glide can take you far with very little effort (and little logic) just like coptering.

I'm guessing I edited too late, so I'll repeat why you can't do it. The mechanics stop you from doing it infinitely. Steve has said you get one BulletJump and one Double Jump before you have to touch the ground or a wall and reset the counters. AimGlide likely has a limited duration, you are most definitely still affected by gravity, and it is confirmed that it has a 3 second recharge time in between uses. If any frame is capable of staying in the air for long periods of time, it will be Zephyr, and even I doubt she'll be able to stay in the air the way you describe, but she can already fly across rooms without any effort so that's a moot point.

Edited by Ceryk

Coptering is more ridiculous and nonsensical than anything else in the game... Plus it makes you look stupid while doing it.

We are space ninjas with magic powers, Parkour 2.0 fits perfectly with the rest of the theme of the game and is probably more believable than half of the of the stuff we do in this game.

And you don't look stupid unrealistically jumping along a wall as we've seen? 

My point isn't that you can't stop. It's that this glide can take you far with very little effort (and little logic) just like coptering.

It makes a lot of sense when you look at abilities like Tail Wind, Rhino Charge, Slash dash and emotes like meditation(and since all warframes can do it)

This glide can't take you as ridiculously far as coptering. Or have you not coptered before?

It's far more realistic and makes more sense. You ever wall run? Because I have. It's extremely inefficient compared to using the wall as a launching point. Leaping from one point to another is a far more efficient, DE is just letting us stay close to the wall so we can do it more than once.

Go watch some real parkour videos or a Jackie Chan movie, they bounce around all @(*()$ day. Funny how they bounce more like rabbits than we will in Parkour 2.0, but everyone thinks they look badass. Only difference is we will be able to do S#&$ real parkour can't. Other than that little fact, it's just as bouncy IRL.

And, and before anyone says anything about running up a wall to grab a ledge, it's more efficient to tic tac off a near by wall to get to that ledge than trying to run up the wall the ledge is on. The only reason to do that is because you have no other surfaces to use as a jumping point.

Edited by Ceryk

It's far more realistic and makes more sense. You ever wall run? Because I have. It's extremely inefficient compared to using the wall as a launching point. Leaping from one point to another is a far more efficient, DE is just letting us stay close to the wall so we can do it more than once.

Go watch some real parkour videos, they bounce around like rabbits all @(*()$ day.

From wall to wall, not along a wall. The way it is now is not realistic, and doesn't make nearly as much sense, especially when the animation gives use the impression that we're stepping on platforms.

I've watched many parkour videos. No where do I see them hop like rabbits along the same wall.

From wall to wall, not along a wall. The way it is now is not realistic, and doesn't make nearly as much sense, especially when the animation gives use the impression that we're stepping on platforms.

I've watched many parkour videos. No where do I see them hop like rabbits along the same wall.

Go back and read my post. I said DE is allowing us to do things they can't do IRL. Hyper realism kills games and fantasy/scifi, everyone one in the entertainment industry worth their salt knows that. Having enough reality to make it believable enough for most people while sacrificing aspects of realism that would make things boring or inconvenient is a key element in entertainment. In this case, allowing use to jump along walls is more convent and allows more mobility options and responsiveness than their directional wall running prototypes allowed, so the sacrifice had to be made for both convince and fun factors.

Edited by Ceryk

Coptering is more ridiculous and nonsensical than anything else in the game... Plus it makes you look stupid while doing it.

We are space ninjas with magic powers, Parkour 2.0 fits perfectly with the rest of the theme of the game and is probably more believable than half of the of the stuff we do in this game.

The new superman cape is pretty stupid too. 

Go back and read my post. I said DE is allowing us to do things they can't do IRL. Hyper realism kills games and fantasy/scifi, everyone one in the entertainment industry worth their salt knows that. Having enough reality to make it believable enough for most people while sacrificing aspects of realism that would make things boring or inconvenient is a key element in entertainment. In this case, allowing use to jump along walls is more convent and allows more mobility options and responsiveness than their directional wall running prototypes allowed, so the sacrifice had to be made for both convince and fun factors.

I did read your post, you're avoiding my point.

You said it didn't look unrealistic, and it completely does.

You said it makes sense, and it definitely does not from any perspective that isn't game mechanics.

The previous wall running animation could've been at least plausible, being that we could assume there are very powerful magnets, but simply hopping in the air while half clipping through a wall and hopping off some invisible platform is unrealistic, does not make any sense, and looks quite bad.

I understand you wanna argue that it's realistic, but it's simply not at all.

And yes, I do understand that we sacrificed the old wall running animation because it was ineffective and sticky. I don't have a problem with the idea of using Parkour 2.0, it looks fun, I want to play it already. I do know that this animation causes us to have better mobility and responsiveness and that Parkour 2.0 is going to revitalize mobility in this game, but my point was:

https://vine.co/v/evt9BAJKVlI

It may make parkour better in every single regard, but it still looks silly. Bullet jumps makes much more sense, glide makes much more sense, this just looks silly. You don't even grab the wall, his other hand is just clipping through it.

It may make parkour better in every single regard, but it still looks silly. Bullet jumps makes much more sense, glide makes much more sense, this just looks silly. You don't even grab the wall, his other hand is just clipping through it.

And it breaks the laws of physics just as much as coptering.

Steve put up a new clip that will put the last nail in the coffin of this idea of being just able to fly around the room with ease. Gravity has a heavy effect on AimGliding, it just slows you down enough to actually be able to shoot at targets. You will still fall to the ground before you get too far. It does not take you very far unless you're on Zephyr it appears.

https://vine.co/v/e6zeK3qaq2U

I did read your post, you're avoiding my point.

You said it didn't look unrealistic, and it completely does.

You said it makes sense, and it definitely does not from any perspective that isn't game mechanics.

The previous wall running animation could've been at least plausible, being that we could assume there are very powerful magnets, but simply hopping in the air while half clipping through a wall and hopping off some invisible platform is unrealistic, does not make any sense, and looks quite bad.

I understand you wanna argue that it's realistic, but it's simply not at all.

And yes, I do understand that we sacrificed the old wall running animation because it was ineffective and sticky. I don't have a problem with the idea of using Parkour 2.0, it looks fun, I want to play it already. I do know that this animation causes us to have better mobility and responsiveness and that Parkour 2.0 is going to revitalize mobility in this game, but my point was:

I said "more realistic", as in more realistic than running diagonally up a wall. At no point did I say it's actually realistic. Any references to realism I have mentioned have been to illustrate that bouncing around like a rabbit is exactly what happens in real parkour as well.

Edited by Ceryk

No more revival when you teammates downed far away, because "Sorry but I am slow".

Enjoy your game of being one-shotted all the time.

do you exclusively play T3 and 4 survivals for a long time, or do you play without any defence mods?

With the addition of the glide in U17 I am concerned Warframe will start throwing logic out the window, yes I realize that the game is not exactly the most realistic thing out there and I understand it doesn't exactly have to follow reality but my fear is that if we throw logic out here who's to say we won't somewhere else, I don't want this game to be completely nonsensical,

what are your thoughts fellow Tenno?

My concern about them throwing logic out the window was relised back when I learned we could do this:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150625220229/warframe/images/e/e1/EmoteMeditate.png

We can already fly, so gliding doesn't bother me too much.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.