Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Changyou Warframe Image Megathread]

Jamescell

Someone with some 1337 skills should like...dig deep into the warframe files, give me the fakecalibur model so that I can make a poster with the REAL excalibur beating up the fake one owo

Okay THIS is pissing me off AF. I don't care if they get a fakecalibur, but stealing OUR art and promoting their game with it is TOO much for me. DE, you need to kick their asses, right now.

Actually the 1st of those two is using Blacklight Retribution content as a background wich is being published by PWE. So the Background for the fanart was "stolen" from PWE before Changyou "stole" the final fanart.

Copyrightception :O

Edited by CruelMaiden

Actually the 1st of those two is using Blacklight Retribution content as a background wich is being published by PWE. So the Background for the fanart was "stolen" before Changyou "stole" the final fanart.

-w- don't be a smarty now. The second one was recently shown on prime...I think <w< it's definetly not PWE's

Okay THIS is pissing me off AF. I don't care if they get a fakecalibur, but stealing OUR art and promoting their game with it is TOO much for me. DE, you need to kick their asses, right now.

I know right? People made Warframe Fanart because they love the game, I don't think they've done it knowing that their time and effort could have been used without their consent (so far no one said they let Chinaframe use their art) to get money in a whole 'nother version of warframe in /CHINA/ this is freakin absurd, a very low move but then again, it's China, what's the lowest it can get? (which btw doesn't excuse stealing other people's art)

Someone with some 1337 skills should like...dig deep into the warframe files, give me the fakecalibur model so that I can make a poster with the REAL excalibur beating up the fake one owo

CpasYBx.gif

I know right? People made Warframe Fanart because they love the game, I don't think they've done it knowing that their time and effort could have been used without their consent (so far no one said they let Chinaframe use their art) to get money in a whole 'nother version of warframe in /CHINA/ this is freakin absurd, a very low move but then again, it's China, what's the lowest it can get? (which btw doesn't excuse stealing other people's art)

I hope there is some Law thing somewhere that we could use to...sue them or some S#&amp;&#036; owo This is just the worst

I hope there is some Law thing somewhere that we could use to...sue them or some S#&$ owo This is just the worst

I think the word you are looking for is Copyright :D and feel free to sue Changyou, noone is holding you back.

Edited by CruelMaiden

Damn why are they using fan art and for that matter SquiddyTreat's fan art, that doesn't even use in game tilesets, just the models??

Ripoff>>

http://www.changyou.com/allnews/list/news/year2015/20150325/93623.shtml

Original fan art>>

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/148704-squiddytreats-fan-art-updated-feb-20-2014/

That's my point. All those Founders salty about a new Founders pack- newsflash, a lot of people here are salty (including myself) for not picking it up back in the day and we have to deal with it, as your high-Excellencies tell us daily, but no one's paying attention to this, everyone's crying about "But muh Excal-Pee looks nuffin liek dat!".

And I hope DE is paying attention to this .

This whole situation is another PRIME example of lack of information from the devs.

I think the word you are looking for is Copyright :D and feel free to sue Changyou, noone is holding you back.

Well, it is said that there are an infinite number of alternate universes out there, so in one of them, I am right now, blowing up all their stuff owo

Well, it is said that there are an infinite number of alternate universes out there, so in one of them, I am right now, blowing up all their stuff owo

Well maybe you are right, maybe you are not.

We simply don't know.

If they were infact using the Fanart without permission of the artist, thats really a shame.

But then again, i don't know anything about copyright law in china.

EDIT: From what i can find really briefly.. their copyright laws are not very different to the ones in the US or in most other parts of the world.

At the end of the day, the artists themselves have to decide if they like it or not. It can also be seen as an honor that Changyou is using the artwork, or they can go and sue them.

But neither DE has something to do with that nor do YOU or me.

What you and many other ppl are doing with the artwork here is just putting more salt into the discussion.

Edited by CruelMaiden

DJ confirmed  ISIS member in another dimension, we should capture him before some weird thing happens and both dimensions overlap.

*whispers*

;o; allow me to join u in takin revenge for our poor fan-art Tenno who got their time and effort taken by random Chinese people who seek to earn dosh out of them

DJ confirmed  ISIS member in another dimension, we should capture him before some weird thing happens and both dimensions overlap.

*whispers*

;o; allow me to join u in takin revenge for our poor fan-art Tenno who got their time and effort taken by random Chinese people who seek to earn dosh out of them

Best post of the day owo

<w< >w> gather everyone together who wants to join, the revolution is here

That's my point. All those Founders salty about a new Founders pack- newsflash, a lot of people here are salty (including myself) for not picking it up back in the day and we have to deal with it, as your high-Excellencies tell us daily, but no one's paying attention to this, everyone's crying about "But muh Excal-Pee looks nuffin liek dat!".

And I hope DE is paying attention to this .

This whole situation is another PRIME example of lack of information from the devs.

Yeah like a player like me who started playing 4 months ago that never got the chance to buy the founder's pack or even the previous prime accessories. So the rule for DE is if you're a new player then sorry for you coz you played too late? first the gp mag nerf, the removal of coptering, the huge wall of grind and this?

Sad but true: China is doing better promoting and making their own WF version.

If they were infact using the Fanart without permission of the artist, thats really a shame.

But then again, i don't know anything about copyright law in china.

Well yeah I dont think any of the artists who had their fanart used said anything in favor of China using their art or even against it ( somebody who might know, please clarify )

And even if they are using the background of other games there's still quite a bit of work to add Warframe-art into it + other art-y stuff.

At the end of the day I don't think that anything will be done about that, China is weird. And by weird I mean.. really weird.

Still, if DE had any influence in Chinaframe whatsoever I don't think they'd simply use the art of players who love their game and decided to show their love through art to promote the game in China to earn some cash off of it, that would be so low. WIth that said- if DE had said influence or if they HAVE that influence they COULD at least be like:

"Hey, BTW, that art is not yours.. B@##$."

Edited by (PS4)Dan_Aria

lol

Stealing our fanart with, probably, not the permission of the creators is the worst kind of promotion ever, it's the lowest of low. Doesn't matter if it looks good or not, it's just totally douchy

Edited by DJ_Vauban

Yep, I mean who makes their own art these days? Let's just use fanart we find on DeviantArt that use the background of another game with characters from yet another game and place our logo on top of that. BAM. Promoting 101.

lol

Stealing our fanart with, probably, not the permission of the creators is the worst kind of promotion ever, it's the lowest of low. Doesn't matter if it looks good or not, it's just totally douchy

This is true. They stole pictures from deviantart and SFM. 

Yeah like a player like me who started playing 4 months ago(...)

No, the Founder's Package will always be that- a special VIP pack for people who took the risk and invested in Warframe, thus those are their rewards. Back in the day, I would follow Warframe since it's announcement, when the animations were so bad I didn't think this game would have much of a future. Even early Open Beta, while fun with friends, didn't buy me over. How wrong I was.

Now we can just pour salt in our mouth when we see the Founders in our squads, but their status is rightfully theirs. What pisses me off is when some of them come on the forum, see what's happening now and cry about it. 

Yep, I mean who makes their own art these days? Let's just use fanart we find on DeviantArt that use the background of another game with characters from yet another game and place our logo on top of that. BAM. Promoting 101.

Funny thing is, I'm 99% sure that if DE was doing the same thing, everyone would probably be okay with it, but the fact that we/DE does or does not have control over the promoting over there, things get a little out of hand aka annoying those who art they are taking and even everyone else because of the level of douchyness

DE senpai notice me and take my S#&$ty art ;w;

Edited by DJ_Vauban

Hilarious how people say "Chinese warframe is a different game" "we won't even see their excal p. so it shouldn't affect us" .. yet I could say the same for console! PC players won't see console players so might as well throw founders at console if that's how people address it.

How DARE you bring some sort of logical reasoning into this!

Funny thing is, I'm 99% sure that if DE was doing the same thing, everyone would probably be okay with it, but the fact that we/DE does or does not have control over the promoting over there, things get a little out of hand aka annoying those who art they are taking and even everyone else because of the level of douchyness

DE senpai notice me and take my S#&$ty art ;w;

Pretty sure DE asked to use fanart. Like someone said China does not give a S#&amp;&#036; about copyright and trademarks. Even there fanbase on their forums is mocking us on reddit. It's @(*()&#036; stupid.