Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Changyou Warframe Image Megathread]

Jamescell

Seeing the Chinese Excalibur prime makes me remember how lackluster the original Excalibur prime is compared to the visual modifications of later prime frames. 

It would be great to see a visual update for him if not the Chinese version replacing the current version. Although, I'm not sure how much rage would come from those who still want Excal. prime free for everyone. Personally I wouldn't mind it IF it allowed Excal prime to get an update. 

Oh, and to make this a more productive feedback post, I think that it would be great if DE devoted resources towards updating old/ugly frames to look as sparkly as everything else. Take for example Banshee. She's pretty ugly. 

Both Excal and Frost Prime are in major need of updates. Frost Prime actually has a worse model than regular Frost (Frost Prime has holes where his wrists meet his arms). Mag Prime could possibly use an update too. She is a small step up, but still far behind Ember Prime or anyone newer.

Excalibro isn't the only one needing a visual update...but Frost, Mag and Rhino as well. The only things different about them is literally just their helmets (Mag got some extra gold coils, but those look a bit much imo). Sure, DE had a more simple design for primes back then, I just hope they give their primes a second look and consider giving them a visual update.

However, I would much rather see them fix the bugs and improve some mechanics before they even touch the old primes again.

Edited by Rostiel

Excalibro isn't the only one needing a visual update...but Frost, Mag and Rhino as well. The only things different about them is literally just their helmets (Mag got some extra gold coils, but those look a bit much imo). Sure, DE had a more simple design for primes back then, I just hope they give their primes a second look and consider giving them a visual update.

However, I would much rather see them fix the bugs and improve some mechanics before they even touch the old primes again.

Rhino Prime has massive differences from regular Rhino. He has hip pieces, shoulder pads, and the turn key on his back. His texturing is also significantly more intricate than the older Primes.

I don't know. Compared to the bootleg Excal the original looks much better. Sure the bootleg looks different but compared to the new primes it has less on them then the original Excal prime. Sure Excal (mainly body), Frost (everything), and Mag (body?) prime could use a visual update but definately not like the bootleg Excal.

There will be Founders that would get upset regardless of what DE does (including doing nothing) regarding Excalibur Prime.

As far as updating Primes, well yes, Excalibur, Frost, and Mag all got the short end of the stick with being the first primes and having lackluster models. However since they are so 'old' now you will run into issues of people complaining that the current ones are perfect or simply don't want them changed.

Also, Banshee won't get her visuals revised; no frame will. I can't recall the exact wording but back in an older dev stream (around u10 I think?) Mynki made the statement that things like Banshee's boat feet and Trinity's lobster skirt are here to stay.

I'm in favour of a visual update for Excalibur Prime and Frost Prime.

Forget the people who complain about missing out and stop trying to avoid stepping on toes. It's actually more painful in your attempts at avoidance. Just do it already. Likely annoyed people even more with this latest Chinese incident anyways. I know it's reminded me why I've disliked region differences.

Edited by Naith

I'm in favour of a visual update for Excalibur Prime and Frost Prime.

Forget the people who complain about missing out and stop trying to avoid stepping on toes. It's actually more painful in your attempts at avoidance. Just do it already. Likely annoyed people even more with this latest Chinese incident anyways. I know it's reminded me why I've disliked region differences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHfVn_cfHU

Now I can't speak for everyone, but wouldn't giving Calibutt prime more flare make people dig up the dead horse's skeleton and beat it again?

Again, I can't speak for everyone.

There's already some salt flowing around thanks to the new Chinese version of Excalibur Prime.  To be honest, I am pretty salty about it.  I like Excalibur Prime's simplicity of design, but at the end of the day he's just Excalibur with golden elbows and a key slapped to his face.  When compared to newer designs like Ash and Nova Prime, he just can't compete.

This is kind of messed up.

For the original founders who actually spent money on an unproven game..to see a more "prime" looking prime available to others but not themselves is rough.

For the PS4 and Xbox one players who didn't even get a founder package because warframe was already succcessful....to see a prime available to another group is kind of rough.

I totally expected to see some exclusive Chinese skin options but not a "prime" frame that is unavailable to others.

Unless it is only a timed exclusive I cannot condone this action.

The argument that it's the Chinese publishers making these choices only goes so far..

because DE can still decide to offer us similar or the same things here at some point.

Edited by Ronyn

It's a shame that there are "two" Warframe games in a sense. Victim of the same sickness other games contracted before (and surely others to come...). Makes me sad. For everyone... Why can't we just be one big family? *sob*

Edited by Marthrym

I know my original intentions were to never be jealous of The China version of Warframe but I would kill an entire solar system's worth of enemies to get that and if those are prime throwing knives on the left I think my heart just broke at the fact we might never get them.

Taken from my final/locking post here:

I'd like to start by saying that what follows is speculation, but it's speculation based on observations of other online multiplayer games that have different publishers for different regions. As such, please don't take what I'm saying as fact; until DE releases an official statement, I'd like to encourage people to not jump to conclusions.

And, as a reminder, the Chinese version of Warframe is separate from the International version of Warframe; it has a different website, different forums, and a different network entirely (it does not interface or interact with the version of Warframe that we play).

-------------------------------------------------------

Things that are released in the Chinese version of Warframe may not necessarily be developed by DE, meaning it may not all come our way. 

The Chinese publishers have likely been given the tools and the support to modify the game's data (including models, producing new weapons, etc) by DE. They also most likely have control over how they release the game to Chinese audiences, so they're able to release their own versions of the Founders program, with Excalibur Prime and so on. If the Chinese developers modify or develop something on their end (i.e. they decide to prime certain weapons such as Nikana/Kunai on their own), there's no guarantee that the content they make will flow back to the original game (the one we play).

It's the same way for many MMOs that have separate international publishers; take TERA for example... Korean TERA (the original game) has things that the Western release of TERA does not, meanwhile the Western release of TERA has things that the Korean TERA does not, things which were developed by the Western publishers.

Basically, the Chinese version of the game may have very different content than what we get, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all the content in the Chinese version of the game was made by DE (it may have been developed in-house by the Chinese publishers) and that DE is giving priority to the Chinese version of the game over the International version.
Edited by Letter13