Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bionicle Fans

Lord-Taco-the-Great

I think my biggest disspointment here is the massive nerf the Toa had:

1) They need the golden masks to actually being able to use their elemental powers at all, unlike before where it was inherent.

2) Their normal masks are worthless as they no longer posses an additional power of their own and so far it seems that in the story only a few, you could say 'special,' masks any have power at all. One of the most important central themes of Bionicle was the variety of masks and the powers that each had, from the first generation of Toa and more, to the last.

Edited by RahuStalker

I think my biggest disspointment here is the massive nerf the Toa had:

1) They need the golden masks to actually being able to use their elemental powers at all, unlike before where it was inherent.

2) Their normal masks are worthless as they no longer posses an additional power of their own and so far it seems that in the story only a few, you could say 'special,' masks any have power at all. One of the most important central themes of Bionicle was the variety of masks and the powers that each had, from the first generation of Toa and more, to the last.

Your name has always reminded me of the Rahi species from the series.

Relevant reply: I think we can all agree Bionicle is dead.

Edited by LazerSkink

Your name reminds me of the Rahi species from Bionicle, heh.

Actually Rahi is the term for wildlife in general, which had many species :P

Funny you mention that though, my mane is actually from a Bionicle character of my own whose name is a play on the word Rahi.

---------

I wouldn't say that Bionicle is dead yet, I'm even willing to accept a slightly more 'lite' version of it, but they seriously need to look back a lot, I mean the frachise has been discontinued for only five years, I don't think it's too hard to look at it and revisit all the content to see what made it so special and unique.

Actually Rahi is the term for wildlife in general, which had many species :P

Funny you mention that though, my mane is actually from a Bionicle character of my own whose name is a play on the word Rahi.

---------

I wouldn't say that Bionicle is dead yet, I'm even willing to accept a slightly more 'lite' version of it, but they seriously need to look back a lot, I mean the frachise has been discontinued for only five years, I don't think it's too hard to look at it and revisit all the content to see what made it so special and unique.

They should of just have just re-released the originals, that way older fans can get the sets and books they couldn't get before, and introduce new people to the Bionicle world full of deep characters and complex lore.

DON'T FORGET LEGO!, BIONICLE WAS THE FRANCHISE THAT PULLED YOUR ASSES OUT OF THE FIRE!

Tfw they give more bionicle

Tfw they all look like S#&$

Tfw all you want them to do is re-release all the old good stuff

Tfw they will never do that

Honestly I don't mind the ideas of a reboot and new designs (the latter having always been a thing during the original run), but right now this isn't really Bionicle, it's hero factory with Bionicle themes.

I find the new bionicle not that interesting. I think the approach from LEGO to make the series more accessible really hurt the interest that I have in the series. There is no backstory, the setting doesn't seem interesting, and there is no mystery that really grabs me. I think the main interest for the OG Bionicle was all the merchandising of comics, the novels and the games that made Bionicle interesting. 

I find the new bionicle not that interesting. I think the approach from LEGO to make the series more accessible really hurt the interest that I have in the series. There is no backstory, the setting doesn't seem interesting, and there is no mystery that really grabs me. I think the main interest for the OG Bionicle was all the merchandising of comics, the novels and the games that made Bionicle interesting.

They watered down everything, now makuta has been reduced to a maskmaker who got jealous of his brother (who was mata nui, and he is because they are extremely similar) and made a mask to be the most powerful one ever.

They watered down everything, now makuta has been reduced to a maskmaker who got jealous of his brother (who was mata nui, and he is because they are extremely similar) and made a mask to be the most powerful one ever.

Well to be fair before the reveal of the Makuta as a race it was pretty much perceived that Teridax, then believed to be Mata Nui's brother, put him to sleep due to jealousy of the worship he got.

Well to be fair before the reveal of the Makuta as a race it was pretty much perceived that Teridax, then believed to be Mata Nui's brother, put him to sleep due to jealousy of the worship he got.

But mata Nui is now called Ekimu, which sounds stuipid when you think about it. When you hear "Ekimu" I thought of some monkey king, when you hear Mata Nui it sounds mysterious and powerful,

Also in this universe it turns out that the six guardian/protectors, they are NOT referred to as Toa, are summoned rather than I appearing by chance that the Toa mata arrived on the island, and they #*($%%@ all of the personalities, Tahu is a freaking joke and pohato is now a badass who says little, don't even get me started on Kopaka.

And why do they need a golden mask to use their elemental abilities, it makes no sense!

And if that isn't enough.......Lewa's element is now "jungle"......

• 4 months later...

So yeah, preview for next year.

12279084_1651066375134439_58103194164251

Masters are now called Uniters, they combine with elemental creatures a la 2008 Phantoka and Mistika, and, incredibly, have Nuva Symbols on their masks and chests. New villain is called Umaru Umarak the Hunter and uses bear trap robots to capture said elemental creatures which he can also combine with.

Links to more images here.

One of my favorite fandoms of all time. Also, yeah, any pre 2015 Toa could wreck the new ones easily. The masks were much better when they had powers. I haven't really followed the new Bionicle at all, due to it story wise just being fantasy Hero Factory. The Phantoka was my favorite line. I have the Axalara T9, one of my favorite sets ever.