Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Parts + Lore Questions

Ishki88

If we have to explore the solor system for Warframe parts.

>Helmet

>Chassis

>Systems

>BP

To put the Warframe together.  Then what am I before I have access to any Warframe?

Why is there only 1 Warframe type on each planet?  

Why did the Warframe to go that planet by it's lonesome?  What happen to it?  Why was it once 1 but then broken into 4 parts?  

Who killed the Warframes?

Who put Chroma together?  

Why do we even have to craft 4 parts of a Warframe?  Shouldn't the Warframe be in 1 piece?

When we rescued Excalibur, he was in 1 piece.   We did not search for each Excalibur part.

Alad V captured an Excalibur and chopped him into pieces.  And then he shipped him away into the void.  It's safe to say that Excalibur died.  If the Tenno were to go to the void to retrieve the Excalibur parts, how would they "bring him back to life" after being chopped up?

Why isn't there an Excalibur in the void in game?  What happen to him?  Why didn't the Lotus create a tribute to the Excalibur that died by the hands of Alad V?

Does the concept of relays disrupt lore?

How can our enemies broadcast from our Relays?  Wouldn't they be able to ease drop our Lotus transmissions?

Edited by Ishki88

Bosses carry blueprints of Warframe parts, not the actual parts. I like to think that Corpus and Grineer have actually studied these ancient schematics and applied them to their technology. 

For instance Nef A- er, The Sergeant wields Lanka. This weapon is described as functioning by charging rounds via magnetic induction. Many of the rail technology that the Corpus employ also travel through strong magnetic tracks. The Sergeant drops Mag blueprints. Wouldn't it be interesting if this knowledge was acquired by studying Mag?

I don't even need to point out the similarities between Ember and Sargas Ruk. Perhaps his weaponry was inspired by Ember?

Also, the reason you build the Warframe in parts is because you receive the blueprints in parts.

Keep in mind that the Warframes are suits above all else - living creatures or not it's the Tenno character you play as that builds them and wears them.

As to why the Warframes are broken up: I'd say it's likely the Grineer and Corpus bosses we kill were destroying the Warframes they dig up or acquire through others means, for various reasons. For the likes of Alad V it would be dissecting them for research, for someone like Nef Anyo it would be to auction off the parts for Profit, and for most other bosses it's to just try and get rid of them.

As to why we only have certain Warframes on certain planets: game mechanics.

And no, Relays do not disrupt lore. There are many Tenno and each can have and wear whatever Warframes they want.

Half of these I'd answer "Because gameplay, they haven't thought of the lore parts yet", but I don't think that's the answer you're looking for.

And if that is not enough, you can simply say that the Lotus hands out the parts as reward for fighting those bosses.

The Quests for Limbo, Mirage and Chroma allready work with a similar principle.

And if that is not enough, you can simply say that the Lotus hands out the parts as reward for fighting those bosses.

The Quests for Limbo, Mirage and Chroma allready work with a similar principle.

My headcanon about the Limbo, Mirage, and Chroma quests is that after "A Lone Tenno"/"Team of Tenno" completed the quest to acquire those frames - be through finding Void Shadows (Mirage and Limbo) or hunting Chroma down and synthesize it - that Tenno went on to share the knowledge of how to reproduce those Warframes with others.

Of course, as it the nature of MMOs, the game's always going to assume YOU were the guy/a part of the group who completed those quests.

Edited by Morec0

Bosses carry blueprints of Warframe parts, not the actual parts. I like to think that Corpus and Grineer have actually studied these ancient schematics and applied them to their technology. 

For instance Nef A- er, The Sergeant wields Lanka. This weapon is described as functioning by charging rounds via magnetic induction. Many of the rail technology that the Corpus employ also travel through strong magnetic tracks. The Sergeant drops Mag blueprints. Wouldn't it be interesting if this knowledge was acquired by studying Mag?

I don't even need to point out the similarities between Ember and Sargas Ruk. Perhaps his weaponry was inspired by Ember?

Also, the reason you build the Warframe in parts is because you receive the blueprints in parts.

"Bosses carry blueprints of Warframe parts, not the actual parts. I like to think that Corpus and Grineer have actually studied these ancient schematics and applied them to their technology"

But not in the void.  

So are you saying Bosses have similar techniques/gadgets shared by the Warframe they drop?   Can you explain Nova and Raptor?   Are you saying the boss "killed" the Warframe.  Then broke the Warframe down into pieces?  

"Also, the reason you build the Warframe in parts is because you receive the blueprints in parts."

In the OP i said we saved an Excalibur who was in 1 piece.  No building required in our rescue.  I can't find that to be a solid answer due to how in-game conflicts with official trailer footage.  Maybe I'm missing your point O_o  To say we build WF because they come in parts...doesn't really answer question.

Also if we believe trailers are canon, than it's clear that more than 1 Excalibur exist..well..did exist

Edited by Ishki88

So are you saying Bosses have similar techniques/gadgets shared by the Warframe they drop?   Can you explain Nova and Raptor?   Are you saying the boss "killed" the Warframe.  Then broke the Warframe down into pieces?  

Well, The Sergeant has been known to trade Warframes still in cryo-sleep, so it's possible that he - and others - simply sell Warframes to various factions. Perhaps not even the entire Warframe. I can completely envision Corpus simply selling blueprints; it doesn't imply that anyone has "killed" anyone.

I can't explain many of the relationships, but that might simply mean they go deeper than the immediately obvious. Raptor is an outdated design. Sargas Ruk possessed no fire-based abilities until his overhaul. Similarly, Kela de Thaym's new design seems to have some visual throwbacks to Saryn. Perhaps if Raptor gets an update, it will have some connection to Nova.

Also, just imagine how a car engine and chassis are constructed individually. It's a convenience thing.

Keep in mind that the Warframes are suits above all else - living creatures or not it's the Tenno character you play as that builds them and wears them.

As to why the Warframes are broken up: I'd say it's likely the Grineer and Corpus bosses we kill were destroying the Warframes they dig up or acquire through others means, for various reasons. For the likes of Alad V it would be dissecting them for research, for someone like Nef Anyo it would be to auction off the parts for Profit, and for most other bosses it's to just try and get rid of them.

As to why we only have certain Warframes on certain planets: game mechanics.

And no, Relays do not disrupt lore. There are many Tenno and each can have and wear whatever Warframes they want.

So a Tenno and Warframe are 2 different things then right?  And we don't know if we are made of flesh or energy or something else right?

Helping Tenno Operatives.  Are these Operatives using Warframes?  If they aren't using Warframes, then how are they transporting data and materials?  That's if they aren't made of flesh and bone.  I can't see the Lotus sending in a ball of energy.  And if they are flesh and bone, I can't see them NOT using a Warframe for missions.  If they are flesh and bone and NOT using a Warframe.  Then are Tenno Operatives the guys we save in Rescue missions?

Well, The Sergeant has been known to trade Warframes still in cryo-sleep, so it's possible that he - and others - simply sell Warframes to various factions. Perhaps not even the entire Warframe. I can completely envision Corpus simply selling blueprints; it doesn't imply that anyone has "killed" anyone.

I can't explain many of the relationships, but that might simply mean they go deeper than the immediately obvious. Raptor is an outdated design. Sargas Ruk possessed no fire-based abilities until his overhaul. Similarly, Kela de Thaym's new design seems to have some visual throwbacks to Saryn. Perhaps if Raptor gets an update, it will have some connection to Nova.

Also, just imagine how a car engine and chassis are constructed individually. It's a convenience thing.

I understand your points now.

About Raptor.  Raptor was introduced simultaneously with Nova.  If you're in the mind state that DE gives Bosses Warframe attributes.....they clearly forgot about Nova/Raptor :^)  Also they both were released in Update 9.  Kind of weird if true..... 

They're spare parts, the framework and scaffolding along with the nano assemblers that are integrated into the support structure of the warframe as part of the assembly.

Some of the systems on a warframe could be cannibalized and used as part of a boss' weapon systems or armor, or they're a trophy or keepsake from an excavation or previous campaign.  Or they're just holding onto them because someone from DE said "hold onto this until tenno come around and shoot you, then toss it into their loot bucket before they leave, and I'll buy you a beer later."

How could any grineer, corpus, or infested resist such an offer?  To not do so would be too crazy for even Alad V!

Other times, perhaps you're finding long scattered and scavenged remnants, partly decayed parts from a dead tenno's warframe, left mouldering, requiring cleaning, revitalizing/regrowing of biological components, and reintegration into the rest of the frame's architecture.

Given that you start out with only faded, desaturated colors, and you start out at rank zero, your warframe has degraded or decayed over time in cryostasis to a barely functional state while you've been dormant, the energies long faded away, colors bleached by the passage of time.

Edited by DeMeritus

Some of the systems on a warframe could be cannibalized and used as part of a boss' weapon systems or armor

Funny you say this when Valkyr is the only Warframe can be used for this example and/or idea you're presenting.  If DE decided to never make Pre-Corpus Valkyr and if Mynki did not use Zanuka's colors, this would be 100% assumption.  

Besides Zanuka/Valkyr there is no Warframe or enemy that visually uses a part from a Warframe.   So it's safe to say our enemies adapting Blueprints for their attributes is the closest to canon we have :/ 

That and whenever the final design of pre-corpus valkyr is released.  And that's still a "WHAT IF" until we see Valkyr Prime.

So a Tenno and Warframe are 2 different things then right?  And we don't know if we are made of flesh or energy or something else right?

Helping Tenno Operatives.  Are these Operatives using Warframes?  If they aren't using Warframes, then how are they transporting data and materials?  That's if they aren't made of flesh and bone.  I can't see the Lotus sending in a ball of energy.  And if they are flesh and bone, I can't see them NOT using a Warframe for missions.  If they are flesh and bone and NOT using a Warframe.  Then are Tenno Operatives the guys we save in Rescue missions?

Yes. Yes.

And the "Tenno Operatives" from the likes of rescue have been seemingly reconsidered. They're more or less just civilians now - or Syndicate affiliates, if you're doing a Syndicate rescue. And we never see the Tenno Operatives of Survival, could very well be they're Tenno in full Warframe. Like you said, I can't see Tenno NOT using Warframes either.

I understand your points now.

About Raptor.  Raptor was introduced simultaneously with Nova.  If you're in the mind state that DE gives Bosses Warframe attributes.....they clearly forgot about Nova/Raptor :^)  Also they both were released in Update 9.  Kind of weird if true..... 

It's their intention, more recent as it may be. After all, what traits does Saryn share with Kela? Or Ash with the current Tyl Regor? Even Excalibur's connection to Ambulas is tenuous.

As the updates come, the connections will become clearer.

Yes. Yes.

And the "Tenno Operatives" from the likes of rescue have been seemingly reconsidered. They're more or less just civilians now - or Syndicate affiliates, if you're doing a Syndicate rescue. And we never see the Tenno Operatives of Survival, could very well be they're Tenno in full Warframe. Like you said, I can't see Tenno NOT using Warframes either.

It's their intention, more recent as it may be. After all, what traits does Saryn share with Kela? Or Ash with the current Tyl Regor? Even Excalibur's connection to Ambulas is tenuous.

As the updates come, the connections will become clearer.

Roger that.  Thank you guys for brainstorming with meh.

To put the Warframe together.  Then what am I before I have access to any Warframe?

-Things you see in the cryopods on defense

Why is there only 1 Warframe type on each planet?  

-Because there is one holder of said warframe bp. Would make sense that only the top person on each planet would hold the most powerful of things

Why did the Warframe to go that planet by it's lonesome?  What happen to it?  Why was it once 1 but then broken into 4 parts?  

-Chances are each boss had either taken or was given the info which was in bp form. Maybe to study as with ruk and ember or just to hold/safeguard. But whoever said frames were made in one go? if anything piece by piece makes more sense to begin with

Who killed the Warframes?

-We aren't exactly invincible, as we saw with salad v dissecting an excal in one of the trailers. Also it's not entirely difficult to study one thing and then make multiple copies of it. For all we know, those bps could be simple copies of the original bps from the tenno.

Who put Chroma together?  

-Honestly chroma seems more like the experiment of combining a frame and infested

Why do we even have to craft 4 parts of a Warframe?  Shouldn't the Warframe be in 1 piece?

-You don't craft anything in just one big part? so why would an entire suit be any different

When we rescued Excalibur, he was in 1 piece.   We did not search for each Excalibur part.

-That select tenno was already wearing an excal suit before he went into sleep so why exactly would he need to craft one?

Alad V captured an Excalibur and chopped him into pieces.  And then he shipped him away into the void.  It's safe to say that Excalibur died.  If the Tenno were to go to the void to retrieve the Excalibur parts, how would they "bring him back to life" after being chopped up?

-what are you talking about? alad v chopped him up for the zanuka project, not for the void. As for death...well we would 1st have to find out "how alive" are the tenno to begin with

Why isn't there an Excalibur in the void in game?  What happen to him?  Why didn't the Lotus create a tribute to the Excalibur that died by the hands of Alad V?

-Soldiers die everyday so im not seeing whats with the tribute. Plus excal prime was the very 1st warframe and lore wise was made in limited quantities. Only the very 1st and most dedicated tenno received what was essentially limited excals

Does the concept of relays disrupt lore?

-central tenno hub? how would that do anything to lore? especially considering more then just tenno reside there

How can our enemies broadcast from our Relays?  Wouldn't they be able to ease drop our Lotus transmissions?

-Same way we get past security in missions, hacking? Hacking is a one sided thing but as for lotus transmissions...well the lotus is the lotus so no telling what type of tech she has at her disposal

Welp gave it my best 4 cents~

Edited by DiabolicalHamSandwich

Most have justified already why it works the way it does.

I'd like to add, however, that ever since the 100% bp drop rate, i feel another explanation is plausible for some bosses, especially those with little or no interest in Frames - like Phorid. Basically, the Tenno already have the barebones bps in their heads or in their databases or w/e; most of the time, they lack the *understanding* of how the Frames work with regards to their power.

So they go and kill some bosses. For example, for Nyx; Phorid is pretty much psychic, so the Tenno 'perfects' the bp of the part after a couple of run-ins with it. Other times, though, it makes perfect sense for the enemies to be holding on to the Warframe data. Including Ambulas and Raptor(one can imagine the Corpus stuffing their secrets into the machines in hopes of it being the safest place)

There are complete Warframes like us, the parts were searching for are because Corpus and Grineer have been excavating them.

Before the Warframe we are Tenno. But we did not fall in the past so our parts were not scattered.

Warframes are not unique so Excal getting split is not us.

Edited by Lightsmith