Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Mod "bolt Action Supremacy"

Seith

As quite a few people are upset that the Vectis P. has a two shot magazine, I've taken it upon my self to try and get a mod implemented. 

Bolt Action Supremacy

* - 50% Magazine Capacity

* +50% Reload Speed

Any input is more than welcome, Thanks!

so literally just a mod that will only benefit 1 weapon of all the snipers.....atleast with prime/charged chamber, it is usable on all snipers but only really shines on the vectis. i think it's better to think up mods that benefit the class as a whole instead of trying to further the gap between the snipers.

And what happens if we put it on the normal Vectis? It's just a 50% improved reload speed with no downside.

0 shots in the mag, just mash the reload and hope your Carrier Prime takes it out.

Edited by Coatduck

i feel like the de's clearly made this decision to add a bullet for some reason fully expecting the communities push-back and dissaproval, i feel like if they had something up their sleeve to "fix" this they would have released it already, but i do agree the extra shot is kind of a hard hit to the vectis as a weapon

Primed chamber =/= Charged chamber

Of course not, Primed Chamber is obviously better, but with it's the fact of the matter that there's a pseudo equivalent which is also mainly used on the Vectis, having the extra shot in the chamber makes it's prime counterpart do less damage overall.

Of course not, Primed Chamber is obviously better, but with it's the fact of the matter that there's a pseudo equivalent which is also mainly used on the Vectis, having the extra shot in the chamber makes it's prime counterpart do less damage overall.

I used to think so too, until a kind gentlemen on the wiki wrote this, and I quote:

"The Vectis, assuming you manually reload, has a 0.9 sec. delay between shots. The Vectis Prime, if you DON'T manually reload, has an alternating 0.667 and 0.9 delay between shots, in that order starting from the first shot. The 0.667 comes from the fire rate; dividing 1 by the fire rate of a weapon will show the delay between shots. This means that, technically, the Vectis Prime has a higher rate of fire if you don't manyally reload. I will also assume each shot takes 0.1 sec. to fire off, though it's mostly just for consistency's sake.

Now, with primed chamber, each and every shot from the vectis (unmodded) will deal 450 damage, while every shot for Vectis Prime will alternate between 550 and 275. If we take all the first two shots' total damage (Assuming we template off the Vectis prime's 2 shot mag) and add them, we get:

Vectis deals 900 damage every 1.1 seconds.

Vectis prime deals 825 damage every 0.867 seconds.

Good, bravo, wonderfull, I've prooven that Vectis is better than Vectis Prime...

EXCEPT you need to consider this only applies to about 100 or so people, so it's irrelevant to the rest of us.

Now, with charged chamber, the damage changes from 450 to 315/550 to 385.

This means the final result is:

Vectis with 630 damage every 1.1 seconds.

Vectis Prime with 660 damage every 0.867 seconds."

If we're going to Quote; From Reddit - (http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3cr6ov/vectis_prime_has_lower_dps_than_the_normal_vectis/)

"Here's a quick and dirty reason why normal Vectis does more damage.

Every two shots is a good cut that represents the nyquist frequency for capturing damage data.

0.75 seconds delay between first and second shot on Vectis prime, followed by 0.9 second reload (since we shave off the fire rate delay with the fast reload.) This is 1.65 seconds per two shot over infinitely long time.

Compare to normal vectis with 0.9 second reload and eliminated fire rate delay. 1.8 seconds per two shots.

This end up being a very very small difference that doesn't matter.

In addition, since Charged Chamber represents a significant damage increase which compounds with ELEMENTAL MODS in addition to base damage mods, The single shot of the Vectis will therefore do 14.8k damage on average with 4 90% elemental mods, serration, heavy caliber, split chamber all maxed on average when multishot chance is taken into account.

The damage from charged chamber is a WHOPPING

No mods on Vectis Prime can possibly compensate for this, since elementals add around 1k by themselves, nor can the additional base damage, which only compounds with the elemental mods and is not stacked on top like charged chamber. The addition of Shred to try to make the Vectis Prime shoot faster also further drops the damage per shot due to opportunity costs. Nor does it make sense to reload the Vectis Prime after the first shot, since it is 1.65 seconds to get the weapon ready again in total regardless of whether or not you fire the second shot, so you might as well fire it.

Vectis gets a huge damage boost over Vectis Prime."