Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zbrush - Warframe Concepting

Takai

I only really want to spend no more then 3 sittings (of like 4 to 6 hours) on these free-form bust. Its not really a quick sculpt, but not all too much time consuming, as I like to make all kinds of stuff. I will always post clay renders and if I really like the concept, I will paint them with MARI or polypaint and materials with Keyshot. If not, I will just make another one.

These are about playing with shapes... thats all. Fleshing out a story goes without doubt as you concept, but I am basically attacking this with RNG for themes... seriously. I RNG two or three animals for reference then RNG an expression or occupation. Then I put up the references on a screen, and just sculpt away. An awesome awesome program for the references is Kuadro, its like perfect, no more static reference sheets, you put them all in one dynamic file.

Anyways:

[7.23.15]

A Serious Camelion Fox frame.... named... I dunno, Nillahm

WarFrame_Concept_00.635.png

WarFrame_Concept_00.642_SM.png

[7.29.15]

This one had some crocodile influence, mole influence, and of course existing warframe influence. No clue what to call this one, how about, Nibiru

WarFrame_Concept_01_SM_Takai.jpg

WarFrame_Concept_01_LG_Takai.jpg

Edited by Takai

Love that 6945609834576-039457862309485630948576928347560294586 Poly Count! lol

Looks seriously good. I've wanted to give ZBrush a try for years now....but im poor, and i dont trust Pirated programs (after 3 different machines were borked by them)

Yeah...such quick work, right? I could totally do amateur work like this...

Takai, this is crazy awesome, seriously. Everyone is jealous, trust me.

Jealous is quite an understatement, but you got the idea ;)

I like to concept in 3D and 2D, but 3D is more fun to me, not the quickest, but you get more information out of your concept to use. There is less loss in translation sometimes. Anyways. This one had some crocodile influence, mole influence, and of course existing warframe influence. No clue what to call this one, how about, Nibiru

Have a nice day!

WarFrame_Concept_01_SM_Takai.jpg

WarFrame_Concept_01_LG_Takai.jpg

The new one looks great. Like an evolved Mag.

Your style is quite different from what DE have so far. crisp and sharp. would be cool to see them take a step in this direction.

Then again, Equinox looks pretty cool.

These are amazing, no bones about it.

But I wonder if perhaps they are a bit too detailed, you look at Excalibur and he doesn't have that many bells and whistles, pretty basic shapes, same with Mag, and Ash.

Of course if this is you just showing your skill then consider your mission accomplished.

wayne-world.jpg