Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Premonition Over The New Parkour; Pre-Emptive Predictive Analysis.

OriKlein

[Edit: I am not asking for coptering to remain. It needed to be done away with and good that DE finally has done so.]

I am genuinely unhappy with the demonstrated new parkour system.

It appears to me, per my experience, counter-intuitive and immersion-breaking.
Traversing terrain should be a rudimentary action within the flow of the gameplay, not a focused emphasized portion of gameplay of its own; too much meta 'play' that is really excessive and unnecessary work.
This sort of mechanic was tried in the past in other games prior and deemed a failure.

Turning actions which should be simple and fluid, negligent even, onto multiple key-press micro-managed ones does not increase interactivity, worse yet it decreases player performance.
Instead of running around and focusing on the enemies, aiming, bearings and so forth it draws player concentration onto simply managing to stay on the wall and to advance forward.

Moreover, visually speaking, repetitive, few frames, short-breaking animation of 'bunny hopping' (counter-strike reminiscing?) instead of a slick streaming wallrunning one is vastly inferior. This goes double for producing marketable  video material.
Needless to say, it turns the "ninja" theme onto furthermore of an inside joke as we turn further away from fast-moving fluid "ninjas" onto some poor form Naruto-esque cartoonish characters that are at best a mockery.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein

Warframe was a mockery ever since coptering was a thing.

Apparently ballerinas are more ninja than anime.

If you don't like them, don't use them, nobody is forcing you to do that, you can always use Frames with mobility abilities.

These responses should stop existing.

Well, better to be FORCED to use 2 or 3 weapons for mobility instead of being able to move seamlessly through a level. ESPECIALLY when it glitches the game and breaks it. SO much fun!

As far as speed goes? I can see this being almost as fast and FAR less likely to crash the game or toss you outside the map.

Running on top of the zipline tho... I LOL-ed HARD.

This SEEMS to be a bit easier to use than the glitch that so many people either hated or could not live without. . We will see.

Edited by Kalenath

Ehm, so you are complainin about a complete new parkour system what makes inmersion on ninja system, more than we have now, New type of movement, channeling effect on warframe while doing it, it works on all tilesets, let you do everything you want without restrictions...?

Merely as a thought exercise: Imagine this was done with the new parkour system and ponder on how it compares visually.

Infact, I'd encourage DE to actually reanimate it, watch, and compare.

Thats it a trailer, and that wall runnig, etc is not working on current tilesets...

It looks messy and I'm not going to pretend for a second that it doesn't, but it's a far better base to start from than the godawful one we have right now. Movement needs to have more emphasis within the game and thusfar coptering and wall catapulting was a satisfactory bandaid over otherwise awful mechanics but it's high time the players and the game itself moved on to something more skillfull and engaging.

I agree with you OP they are moving away from what drew many players in from the beginning to a slow more boring that it is play style. I cant see how another broken parkour system is gonna fix or better the one that is here already.

Euhm....proper coptering will have you pressing 4-5 keys. 

Bullet jumping like.....2-3.

Micro-management went down if anything....and the only difference in normal wallrunning: Instead of holding, you now spam the F*** out of your spacebar. 

Dunno man...maybe you watched a different stream.

Literally the only thing that was a little wonky was latching...but honestly...latching is not a big requirement and in 99% of the cases you can just ignore it. 

Plus the current wallrun animation doesn't actually look that fluid...to me it ALWAYS looked rigid and weird...sure, bunnyhopping might not look like water...but bullet jump and aim glide sure as hell do.

Edited by Shehriazad

Needless to say, it turns the "ninja" theme onto furthermore of an inside joke as we turn further away from fast-moving fluid "ninjas" onto some poor form Naruto-esque cartoonish characters that are at best a mockery.

Best Regards,

"Fast"

"Fluid"

Rhino and coptering.

Using the argument we're not ninjas anymore doesn't make sense because in reality we never were.

C'mon man, at least try it out first before talking.

That is a logically fallacious argument which negates the very principles of a critical mind.

Needless to say I will be forced onto "trying" it when it is patched onto the game.

However, I do not estimate the experience swaying my opinion as the fundamental basis behind the critique remain unchanged.

Hang on, I just spotted something

as we turn further away from fast-moving fluid "ninjas" 

Fluid...

FLUID

I've been playing this game since open beta begun, and I've never experienced any fluidity.

Edited by VentiGlondi

C'mon man, at least try it out first before talking.

You don't get it do you? It is the kind of S#&$ where you know that it is S#&$ by just looking at it, you don't have to taste it first.

If you don't like them, don't use them, nobody is forcing you to do that, you can always use Frames with mobility abilities.

Technically they are, they're removing the old wall run and replacing it entirely. If one wants to wall run then they'll have no choice but to use the new system now so that logic doesn't really fly in this case.

Merely as a thought exercise: Imagine this was done with the new parkour system and ponder on how it compares visually.

Infact, I'd encourage DE to actually reanimate it, watch, and compare.

I agree, when I first saw this video I was just floored.

i want to youse slow weapons, so this is awsome, on my dragon nikana, if i wanted to copter, i couldnt youse blind justice, becouse it made me slower, so finaly i can play with WHAT I WANT, and not being limited to few weapons

The hopping doesn't look very good, no, and they could probably add a second part to the animation to improve on the repetitive feel, but this downside is far from weighing up to all the mechanical improvements the change brings, most excitingly coptering getting curbstomped and the fact that faster frames will also parkour faster and won't be able to be overtaken by slower frames anymore. A clunky animation can be fixed much more easily later on.