Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keysharing, And A Potential Way To Solve It

Tyrantherus

Now, first off, let me state that I missed the friday view earlier today as of this post (july 24th), and that if there were details on the void overhaul, I am not aware of them.

That said, a person bailed on my group during a T4 Sab keyshare. Every other person except that player already paid their keys and did their share. This got me thinking, what would be the best way to prevent these kinds of shenanigans in the future?

The Answer I came up with: Key Components.

When a void mission is started up, each player must expend a small amount of key components for the void mission to create the key. (Example, key components could be varied in 4 different qualities, which correspond with the different tiers, alternatively, higher tiers could simply require more key components). The number of key components gained from various tasks will often be equal to about the same as a key still, however during group play, the amount spent is divided up among all party members. If a party member does not have enough key components, a teamate may (or may not) choose to pay for his portion through a small prompt that appears.

This solves two issues simaltaneously. It prevents the player from faking "Oh, I have the key! (not gonna use it though, lolz)", and also prevents an all-in scenario, in which a player then has to leave due to real life situations, or perhaps got disconnected, to which all the other players are then frustrated at that one player. This system would make it a mission-by-mission basis.

Thoughts on the idea?

Edited by Tyrantherus

Aren't they doing away with the void and void keys altogether?

I've heard that they are planning on doing "SOMETHING" to it, however from what the dev's have stated last I heard, its not so much "blowing up the void" literally, and more metaphorically, meaning some sort of overhaul in in the works. Whether or not the void is still going to be accessible in a similar manner or not, I'm not sure, although I have also heard some great ideas on that front (similar to sabotage missions, have a chance for voids to appear on normal maps, and use something to access the void portals). HOWEVER, depending on how they plan to eventually go around doing so, this is merely an idea, and a potential route that the dev's could take, depending on the resources and dedication towards a void overhaul, and rectifying some of its issues.

Didn't you post this before?

Considering I have only done 3 posts at this point, 2 of them here, and one in the levels & maps category on syndicates, nope.

Edited by Tyrantherus

I have a simpler solution: 

KEY SHARDS.

You have a key. spend 1000 credits and 1 minute at the forge. You make 4 key shards. 

Key shards can' t be used individually, each player must put one shard to enter the level. 

One player losing connection does not kick everyone back to the Liset in this key usage. 

II have also heard some great ideas on that front (similar to sabotage missions, have a chance for voids to appear on normal maps, and use something to access the void portals).

Great idea? There would be even more RNG involved.

> First you start a mission and hope that something happens to make you able to go to the void (first RNG wall)

> Then you have to hope that whatever there is gets you to where you want to go (second RNG wall)

> And last but not least you have to hope that you get the item you were looking for.... (third RNG wall)

Should you still needs keys you have to farm that would make it 4 RNG walls between you and the item you want. The current System has only 2.

> First you start a mission and hope that something happens to make you able to go to the void (first RNG wall)

> Then you have to hope that whatever there is gets you to where you want to go (second RNG wall)

> And last but not least you have to hope that you get the item you were looking for.... (third RNG wall)

Should you still needs keys you have to farm that would make it 4 RNG walls between you and the item you want. The current System has only 2.

Ok, think about it this way. X item could be linked to X planets random portal chance on X level, but guaranteed to be that item. If we want to talk about keys, it could be made similar to the ODE Vault run keys, although its up to debate whether or not you should be allowed to hold more than one key (making solo farms still consistent) or make it to where you can only hold one key at a time (thus promoting teamplay).

I started the topic about this long time ago, where explained how things would work in that manner. I consider not everything would work the same way I described but there were no place for RNG to be involved. You should read it if you interested.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/439010-solar-system-rework/#entry4868323

I have a simpler solution: 

KEY SHARDS.

You have a key. spend 1000 credits and 1 minute at the forge. You make 4 key shards. 

Key shards can' t be used individually, each player must put one shard to enter the level. 

One player losing connection does not kick everyone back to the Liset in this key usage. 

As the option, it is good idea and solution.

Why not simply make EVERY player of the group use a key if you want to go in a group and on that basis introduce a proper matchmaking for void missions, which I mean to be THE SAME AS FOR ANY OTHER MISSION.

Seriously I hate looking for mates for void missions all the time in the public chats. And seriously I hate the whole german Warframe community and since the recruitment chat is german I have to look for german void mates. Too many of them seem to be dumb beyond good and evil and don't know anything about the game they put hours over hours and tons of money in. Yesterday I had the honor to.. owh gawd I cant even speak about it. I had the honor to play alongside an Excal Prime who didn't even know what coptering is and had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned my excitement for the upcoming new frame and movement system.

So.. sorry for the little outbreak but I needed to make clear how much a solution to the keysharing void thing is needed.

Edited by Mippy

Aren't they doing away with the void and void keys altogether?

No. Void will still be there as it is. Prime parts are just being scattered throughout the starchart -- we don't know exactly how THAT part will work, but Void is staying right where it is.