Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wallhopping Requiring Multiple Inputs Is Bad

JesterTheNight

So, as someone that actually suffers from tendinitis thanks to this game, I'm not too happy about this change. Steve even twitted joking about avoiding the risk of getting carpal tunnel with the introduction of parkour 2.0, yeah, nothing really changed, no, it actually got worse.

Bullet jump still requires 3 inputs (if you're running), same as the slide roll that it replaces (if aiming down it acts the same as "air melee super jumping" which is still only 2 inputs), coptering is gone (that was 4 inputs), wallhopping requires an input for every jump now instead of just holding space for wallrunning (this is really a bad change, both stylistically and input wise).

I understand that wallrunning was changed into hopping to have more control, but it definitely didn't have to require multiple inputs, just holding space+moving the camera so that the next hop would go in that direction would've been fine (or hold space+directional keys).

I feel like this new parkour 2.0 is gonna require way more inputs than before to traverse the various tilesets (while also being slower looks like), I dunno if it's gonna make things easier or not on joypads (hope so, I whish to play on ps4 if another migration occurs) but I'm afraid it got things worse on keyboard.

tl;dr

I'm afraid parkour 2.0 is gonna require too many inputs and my hands are already ef'd up.

Edit:

Thanks DE, you don't actually have to press space for every hop you can just hold it like the old wallrun! My hands are safe! :D

Edited by JesterTheNight

I feel ya bro, but for me the bigger problem is sprinting.

Why can't we have a proper sprint toggle that makes me sprint UNTIL THE END OF TIME (or if i tap shift again to disable it)

With stamina being kicked out, it should be a thing.

Edited by Shifted

Hey, thanks, I'm gonna try that out.

Pressing space every 2-3 seconds when traversing a wall is "really bad"?

Make it 0.5 seconds, and yeah, it's really bad since you use your thumb to press the space key, that really messes with your hand tendons.

Edited by JesterTheNight

We can still wallrun and shoot as is at the moment though right? :/

I'm really not sure. They've not said what holding space does in the new system. It's possible it's still there and Rebecca's just twitchy and didn't bother to regular wall run.

I actually see no reason for regular wall run to not still exist in some form.

Is not really that bad...

It works on that way because wall latching (i think).

The OP said he/she suffers from tendinitis. Do you suffer from tendinitis?

This is such a senseless reply it's actually disgusting.