Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tipedo And The Void/normal Missions

Scythian142

Question

So I have been looking at the Tipedo to be my second melee weapon along side my Scindo. As Tipedo is an OP movement weapon, can it actually do damage when going around missions that require large amounts movement like survival, exterminate and capture.

If so, is that true for the void, as I want to get rhino prime soon.

If not, does the movement on those levels out way the bad damage, for example the FaitKo challenge of quietteshy and DKDiamantes, which I think has shy using a Tipedo.

Thank you all in advance.

21 answers to this question

It does decent damage and is very fast but it is way too late to get used to its movement capability because after Update 17 (which is scheduled for this week) no melee weapon will have movement capability.

Edited by LazerSkink

It does decent damage is very fast but it is way too late to get used to its movement capability because after Update 17 which is scheduled for this week, no melee weapon will have movement capability.

This is an important point. Weapons which were only used because of the mobility will no longer be viable in that particular sense with the Parkour/Movement update in U17.

Granted, while Tipedo is incredible for movement atm, it's also pretty good at regular ol damage dealing.

It does decent damage is very fast but it is way too late to get used to its movement capability because after Update 17 which is scheduled for this week, no melee weapon will have movement capability.

Well I mean, it seems like Aerials are gonna be staying, which is still a really nice perk. But also less necessary since bullet jumps are nice too.

Anyways, OP, the Tipedo has pretty good damage yeah. It's probably not the very highest of melees or anything, but it crits really well, is fast, and has okay base damage. That's all you really need to create a blender with Berserker.

The tipedo is actually a great weapon due to it's attack speed and rate of crit. After this week it will no longer have anything to do with movement as another poster said. 

So the choice here is if you want a moderately damaging fast weapon that can be modded for some decent crit rates and hella fast through a Berzerker build.

Well I mean, it seems like Aerials are gonna be staying, which is still a really nice perk. But also less necessary since bullet jumps are nice too.

Anyways, OP, the Tipedo has pretty good damage yeah. It's probably not the very highest of melees or anything, but it crits really well, is fast, and has okay base damage. That's all you really need to create a blender with Berserker.

Directional air melee is being removed. Hence why Steve noted that Bullet Jumping would be the answer to directional melee.

Ok thanks, I don't think I'll waste my time then. In regard to question marks, those sentences were actually viable in English, with marks would be better but I don't care as it is still correct grammar.

2 things.1. who was this aimed at? 2. by not waste your time does that mean you will be getting it or not getting it?

Ok thanks, I don't think I'll waste my time then. In regard to question marks, those sentences were actually viable in English, with marks would be better but I don't care as it is still correct grammar.

If your looking to avoid time wasting, stay off rhino/prime look for a better frame, he has 2 useful abilities, both of witch can be outdone by other frames.

Looking to not take damage? Get limbo, Loki, ash, volt, or mag(with augment)

Looking to do cc with stomp? Get booben, Loki, nyx, hydroid, frosty, or excal

Looking to rhino charge for stuns? Get hydroid, volt, or excal

Looking to do a minor damage boost? Get serration

Directional air melee is being removed. Hence why Steve noted that Bullet Jumping would be the answer to directional melee.

One of Rebecca's newest parkour showcase videos showed an aerial right after a bullet jump. Care to tell me where it's been explicitly stated that air melee is being removed? Besides from video proof, I'm skeptical to your claims given that bullet jumping doesn't kill air units without a gun, the initial reason aerials were created.

However, if you were to say air melee was being "removed" in the same way as coptering, going much less distance and being purely offensive, I could believe you.

The Tipedo has both a high crit chance and status chance for a melee weapon, is viable for a Berserker build, already has a quick base attack speed of 1.3, and 50 damage is pretty decent damage for a staff weapon. So it's not Scindo Prime powerful, but as far as melee weapons go the Tipedo is still very effective as an actual weapon.

This is an important point. Weapons which were only used because of the mobility will no longer be viable in that particular sense with the Parkour/Movement update in U17.

Granted, while Tipedo is incredible for movement atm, it's also pretty good at regular ol damage dealing.

Tipedo damage is not good enough compare to top tier critical melee. Prisma Cleaver top the chart I believe. Before parkor chance people will choose between mobility or damage when come to melee weapon. After parkor, only damage matter. I don't see how parkor 2.0 going to liberates our melee choice. Minmaxer will still go after weapon with the most damage

Problem with Tipedo is that it has a bit of an extreme slide attack. But from what I've seen in the Parcour 2.0 previews so far, the slide attacks look promising on staff weapons.

A controllable slide attack is better than one that swings you accross the galaxies. It is better for mobility and certainly better for combat. It is a key element of a melee playstyle. 

The 2 main factors that decide whether or not you'll have a hard time keeping up with gunplay or even surpass it are:

1. Weapon reach

2. Slide Attack

As for Tipedo it has a decent reach, better than most weapons, and an ok slide attack.

Great attack speed and Clashing Forest stance has a good muti-hit combo.

I'd say, if you really want to get into melee playstyle, you should learn how to fast-slide and also learn how to incorporate it into your combo's. Then again, you might want to wait untill Parcour 2.0 because we don't know yet how much it's going to affect the slide attack.

In case you wonder what I mean by "fast-slide", here are some demonstrations:

Tipedo damage is not good enough compare to top tier critical melee.

Tipedo has what Cleavers, Dual Ichors, and so on are lacking, which is attack range. While may not be quiet on par with the single target DPS of those weapons, the Tipedo can hit groups of enemies all at once and benefits immensely from "Primed Reach".

With "Clashing Forest" it also has what many weapons in this game sadly are lacking, which is a good "Stance" to use.