Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Please Let Limbo Hack Terminals While In Rift Walk?

Wotca

I know it's not the first time this has come up by a stretch.  I was just doing some Spy missions today so I dusted off the old Limbo.  Wasn't long before I was reminded what happens when you speed run and have to drop your 2 to hack.

Many frames have an invulnerability/invisibility phase that they can use while hacking terminals.  Please DE, turn this back on for Limbo.  He's not any quicker on solo Spy runs than Loki.

Honestly, this is one of the things that bugs me most about Limbo.

They're trying to do this thing where he can't interact with stuff outside the rift, which is fine. Consistency is nice. Then they completely crap all over that by letting manics TACKLE YOU while you're in riftwalk. And don't give me that 'they can dispel abilities!' crap. Even if they can, them and their abilities still fall under the category of 'outside the rift'.

They could at least keep it consistent.

Honestly, this is one of the things that bugs me most about Limbo.

They're trying to do this thing where he can't interact with stuff outside the rift, which is fine. Consistency is nice. Then they completely crap all over that by letting manics TACKLE YOU while you're in riftwalk. And don't give me that 'they can dispel abilities!' crap. Even if they can, them and their abilities still fall under the category of 'outside the rift'.

They could at least keep it consistent.

And don't forget that enemies still can hack terminals while being in the rift

Like Adun said DE is just fixing to the consistency of what being in the rift-walk is, what your asking was an unintended bug... I'm sure the Maniac or enemies interaction while being in the rift is a bug too... and will get fix eventually after they lunch the new big update...

​They seem to be extremely focus on that right now.

Edited by 0zryel

Even consistency shouldn't get in the way of gameplay.  Easy enough to make consistent anyway, make terminals shift into the rift while he is hacking them.  I'd expect that he would have the skills to make that happen passively.  Imagine if he couldn't open doors for the sake of consistency.

Also, sorry for duplication.  I didn't see the ongoing Limbo thread where this topic has been brought up as one of the rework points.  However, I think it merits it's own thread since it can be changed easily without getting into rework ideas.

Edited by Wotca

DE is trying to make him not OP.

The problem with allowing Limbo to hack console while in rift would imply that he would be able to activate pads in raids as well. Because Consoles and pads are both physical things in the real plane.

But the thing that I hate is that somehow, a few enemies, like Manics and Eximi Aura can reach Limbo when he is in the rift. That should not happen at all.

Limbo is the master of Rift Plane and the Rift plane and Real plane are considered two entirely different dimensions. Not a single enemy power should be able to hit Limbo in the Rift Plane unless he banish the enemy.

For Example, a Venomous Ancient should not be able to apply Toxin DoT on Limbo if it is in Real plane and Limbo is in Rift plane. It should be able to only apply the DoT if it has been banished to the Rift plane.

Edited by NN13

I disagree, lets keep him unable to hack. Instead let's make it even more consistent; when you use rift walk, you lose the ability to touch the ship. The artificial gravity in the ship will pull you down and fling you into space. then you get to float around in space until rift walk's timer runs out, at which point you die from lack of life support.

Limbo should be able to hack, he should be able to cast banish on anything that can be scanned so he can interact with it, if this is the way they choose to fix it. Then the animation on banish would have to be shorter and cost lest power, this would make Limbo much better overall.

I disagree, lets keep him unable to hack. Instead let's make it even more consistent; when you use rift walk, you lose the ability to touch the ship. The artificial gravity in the ship will pull you down and fling you into space. then you get to float around in space until rift walk's timer runs out, at which point you die from lack of life support.

It should just make you die instantly as all the oxygen is in the material plane.

Seriously though, I don't understand the thinking behind most of the decisions surrounding Limbo.

It should just make you die instantly as all the oxygen is in the material plane.

Seriously though, I don't understand the thinking behind most of the decisions surrounding Limbo.

I also cannot seem to grasp the logic behind limbo and the Rift Plane at all...

''The Rift Plane is an alternate dimension to the normal environment, or Material Plane where most gameplay takes place."

So bassicly it is another dimension to the ''Material Plane'' if so that would sugest that everything in the rift is nonmaterial.Very interesting...if everything in the rift is not made of material what exactly are objects in that plane made of?The opposite of matter is antimatter i dont even want to go into that cluster****.

The problem with allowing Limbo to hack console while in rift would imply that he would be able to activate pads in raids as well. Because Consoles and pads are both physical things in the real plane.

Valkyr can do the same thing now, and she's not terribly useful in a raid.  Having a paperweight for raid buttons isn't really OP.  

So it's not a consistent mechanic, and it's been limited in a way that no other frames are.  I really hope they do read this stuff and reconsider.  

@NN13

Remember, Warframe powers can go through the Rift as well. By that logic (and coding I'm sure) Eximus powers and the like can also go through the Rift.

The only change I want for Limbo is to be able to pick up items in the Rift. That's it.

Screw consistency, you can still play Limbo if you can't hack consoles and terminals. But if you can't pick up drops, what's the point of playing Limbo all the time?

@NN13

Remember, Warframe powers can go through the Rift as well. By that logic (and coding I'm sure) Eximus powers and the like can also go through the Rift.

The only change I want for Limbo is to be able to pick up items in the Rift. That's it.

Screw consistency, you can still play Limbo if you can't hack consoles and terminals. But if you can't pick up drops, what's the point of playing Limbo all the time?

Cant you just run carrier/carrier kubrow to pick them up?

@NN13

With the garbage inconsistency all over the place that is the least they should do allow pick ups while in any state of limbo otherwise we can only be annoyed by counter productive powers that suck and are massively inconsistent

Cant you just run carrier/carrier kubrow to pick them up?

They CAN pick them up, but remember that they only bring the drops to you, they don't automatically add the energy to your pool or the ammo to your ammo stores or the resources to your resource pool etc.

Let limbo banish almost anything?

I would say all "entities". Although then we have the defense pod banish thing which got nerfed on day one for whatever silly reason.

Honestly, I wish they hadn't created a dimensional themed 'frame in the first place. Don't get me wrong: I LOVE Limbo's design and theme -  but he doesn't really fit into this game. I'm not saying his actual design is out of place, but any "godlike" character isn't going to belong. He has control over an entire dimension (in theory). He may as well be omnipotent and have full control of it, but because this is a game (and a multiplayer multi-character co-op/ MMO/etc.) it just doesn't get the full effect.

Limbo/ Any multidimensional character:

Cool in real life? Oh, of course.

Cool in a game? Yeah, but if they make them as powerful as they should be it won't work well and if they don't it won't work well.

So I guess what I'm saying is that it's a really cool concept but it's a terrible, terrible standoff: Limbo's either going to suck or ruin game balance.

I'm not saying he should be removed from the game now, the damage is already done, so they might as well fix him. It's the problem I always run into when giving Limbo feedback. He should be all-powerful, but he can't realistically be. 

Limbo was able to do this when he launched, making rescue missions a walk in the park because you literally could not die if you didn't banish any enemies. I believe that removing this 'feature' was the right thing to do.

Valkyr can do the same thing now, and she's not terribly useful in a raid.  Having a paperweight for raid buttons isn't really OP.  

So it's not a consistent mechanic, and it's been limited in a way that no other frames are.  I really hope they do read this stuff and reconsider.  

Not quite. Valkyr can still be pukked by Scorpions. Limbo can't be. Limbo can regenerate energy,rather quickly.

And I wouldn't say Limbo is a paperweight. A Riftwalked Limbo is god.

@NN13

Because they are Warframe powers and Eximi powers are not similar. Eximi can constantly use their Aura. Warframes can't do that.

That is why these two are different.

Not to mention all the other ways he's unnecessarily limited :/

Limbo is a great frame,he just has some flaws that make him sometimes look worse than ember (don't get me wrong,I like ember but I just feel that her powers don't suit high lvl missions)

"sometimes"?

I love limbo's concept, powers and appearance....but the sad truth is, ember is better :/

Go into the simulacrum, fight 20 max level heavies (heavy gunners) (max level is dependent on your MR)

I did this, three times with each.

Ember was able to do it 2/3 times, I figured out that as long as I could surprise them with accelerant before they shot, I was ok.

limbo got 0/7 (yes, I tried way more than 3 times with him)

I tried using cover, strategically picking out one at a time to kill in the rift, but the thing is, once it comes down to you and a heavy in the rift, limbo doesn't have crap, even though he's the master of the rift. He only has one ability: to divide things. That's it. once it comes down to you vs. Any heavy enemy, you have nothing but the gun in your hands. This is why I think he needs a huge rework/buff

Limbo was able to do this when he launched, making rescue missions a walk in the park because you literally could not die if you didn't banish any enemies. I believe that removing this 'feature' was the right thing to do.

Right, so they nerfed him to make him like our other frames, like ash, loki, valkyr, trinity, and zephyr.........Oh wait, hold on, they all have abilities that make them almost unkillable too.....remind me again, why was limbo nerfed?