Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Ever Have Our Old Glorius Physx Back As An Option

Anyone remember how glorius and pretty the old Physx system was any chance we could have them back as an option maybe it'd the new "high" option, where the current Physx settings would be considered medium

For anyone who doesn't know or remember what I am refering too here is the original Physx Demo that I remember using in the early days of Warframe

I hope that after U17 is out we may be able to finally get this back one day

*edit*

I know some people don't like it but others do which is why I wish it was implemented as a graphics setting 

Edited by PixalatedVortex

by the gods

those classic sound effects

the guns, the swords, the slashes, the music

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DE plz bring back those sounds, the game was so much more atmospheric back then [its hard to remember after 2+ yrs of play]

You contributed so much to this thread *claps*

I gave you an answer.

It may not be the one you were looking for but I assume it is the correct one.

If we bring back the old ones you know how much longer updates will take to process?

Well while I would enjoy the GFX in Warframe to get a major upgrade (and there is no disputing using latest PhysX would help) its unlikely to happen.

DE wants to cater to every potato and toaster oven gamer there is, because they believe doing that will net them more $$$ (or more likely cause them to have to sell more of the company).

I highly enjoy playing games that tax my rig, Warframe unfortunately will never be one of them... and thats considering that my current 'personal' use rig is about a potato compared to my 'work' rig.

The focus of this thread isn't the sounds 

I gave you an answer.

If we bring back the old ones you know how much longer updates will take to process?

That doesn't even remotely make sense 

i would love that! options are always good

Well while I would enjoy the GFX in Warframe to get a major upgrade (and there is no disputing using latest PhysX would help) its unlikely to happen.

DE wants to cater to every potato and toaster oven gamer there is, because they believe doing that will net them more $$$ (or more likely cause them to have to sell more of the company).

I highly enjoy playing games that tax my rig, Warframe unfortunately will never be one of them... and thats considering that my current 'personal' use rig is about a potato compared to my 'work' rig.

thats why it should be an option.

I gave you an answer.

i think he meant that a little more detail would have been more helpful. for example, why do you think it's a bad idea. detail is key to a discussion.

There are games with options to minimalize and maximize your physX effects. Something like that would be very welcomed by many warframe players.

That doesn't even remotely make sense 

UH, dude.

It made perfect sense.

You say you want an option to get that back.

Would that not keep both engines around and in-turn cause production time of updates to be extended 10x?

UH, dude.

It made perfect sense.

Would that not keep both engines around and in-turn cause production time of updates to be extended 10x?

Why would anyone keep both engines?

Just have the new one with a low, medium, and high option.

UH, dude.

It made perfect sense.

First off it'd be one engine, not to be rude but you don't seem to know much about how games work, the game only ever uses one engine 

Edited by PixalatedVortex

yeah k after watching that, i'm pretty sure i'll be blinded...a lot

we constantly are either way, but it does seem DE as worked on cleaning stuff a bit.

still there so many effects, lights, flying particles, xp numbers all the time, warframe doesnt like the fact that we own eyes and can see clearly the battlefield.

As long as it was a toggle or an off/low/med/high setting. I personally would keep it toggled off tho as it's too distracting for me. I want to see my enemies, not a fireworks show.

no

Or that. That's how I really wanted to say it. lol

First off it'd be one engine, not to be rude but you don't seem to know much about how games work, the game only ever uses one engine 

I'm mixing words around right now.

Back to the point of having nothing to do so I stay up late---..

Anyways.

I highly doubt they would bring the old one back and it's pretty much what others have said.

High>med>low.

But then we will get the users who try to run too much when they are host and just lose connection the the game because they get greedy.

But then we will get the users who try to run too much when they are host and just lose connection the the game because they get greedy.

You could say the same with the graphics settings right now, and still it is a rare occasion. Either way, even if they tried pushing their limits, their game would lag pretty hard before shutting down so they wouldn't really be able to it before it crashes.

Edited by Vaxillian