Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Rework

geninrising

For a long time I have been sitting here and trying to figure out Trinity's place in the Warframe universe as a supportive combatant and I just can't wrap my brain around it.

DE Steve was the one quoted as saying that players are currently exploiting an energy loophole in order to spam abilities and let "Homer's drinking bird" play the game for them.

I am asking DE to actually fix MOST of the issue with a rework to allow Trinity out of her role as a battery charger and give her a playstyle that removes her from being a nukers... forums won't let me say.

Come on DE make this frame fun and exciting to play, not a frame that runs everywhere pressing 2 and occasionally pressing 4.

P42W and every acronym near it(IE Rhino's old p22W) all needs to be removed and forgotten, the game will be much healthier for it and you guys can stop developing enemies that screw with everyone else's powers just because a few frustrated grinders/farmers. 

Trinity visuals rework! Replace that lobster tail with new cloth with physics! Make her a sexy nurse ;D

aggred with a visual rework, but not for a skill reword.

but i prefer my sexy ember nurse with acrid.

Edited by affropiaf

The only thing that might warrant changing is well of life, since it has little use outside of a disable.

As for everything else, no. Fix enemy infinite scaling, fix the cheesy anti-skill crap like invulnerability phases and instakill bullet sponges, THEN start thinking about nerfing or reworking a frame that's actually in a good spot.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

The only thing that might warrant changing is well of life, since it has little use outside of a disable.

As for everything else, no. Fix enemy infinite scaling, fix the cheesy anti-skill crap like invulnerability phases and instakill bullet sponges, THEN start thinking about nerfing or reworking a frame that's actually in a good spot.

that too.

Edited by -Scourge

Trinity is support but i play her as a melee tank with single target control effects do to energy vampire and life strike now while you do run around and spam 2 to keep your self feed full of energy to keep that channeling melee weapon powered but you feel less like the nukers *@##$ and more like an angel of death. it's good fun especially watching corrupted butchers kill things when they hit you.

For a long time I have been sitting here and trying to figure out Trinity's place in the Warframe universe as a supportive combatant and I just can't wrap my brain around it.

DE Steve was the one quoted as saying that players are currently exploiting an energy loophole in order to spam abilities and let "Homer's drinking bird" play the game for them.

I am asking DE to actually fix MOST of the issue with a rework to allow Trinity out of her role as a battery charger and give her a playstyle that removes her from being a nukers... forums won't let me say.

Come on DE make this frame fun and exciting to play, not a frame that runs everywhere pressing 2 and occasionally pressing 4.

P42W and every acronym near it(IE Rhino's old p22W) all needs to be removed and forgotten, the game will be much healthier for it and you guys can stop developing enemies that screw with everyone else's powers just because a few frustrated grinders/farmers. 

She already had the rework.  Also, her purpose is to provide health and energy.  To change that would make no sense.

I think EV probably needs a rework to stop it being exploited like it is. But other than that and the Lobster Tail, she's fine.

Nukes in general need a rework. They should be made less spammable, but with increased damage. That way they actually feel powerful instead of being regulated to low-level trash clean up. 

Most single target magic attacks need increased dramatically; they should be about on par with what we can do with a gun or otherwise there is little point in using them. 

Edited by Acos

You know she can be played in other ways, right? No one has ever complained about my Blessing Trinity. Need an incredible damage resistance for the entire team? Want to nuke a level 300 Heavy Gunner in a few seconds? Strip enemies of their armor? No problem! There's a diversity of playstyles that she allows for, which is why she's one of my favourite frames.

Ah, but let's face it, you want an Energy Vampire nerf. The energy loophole is caused by a lack of cooldowns. Simple as that. The energy system is supposed to be the limitting factor in ability use, but Trin's EV acts as a cooldown resetter. Given that the game was designed without a cooldown system in mind, implementing one would require a massive amount of rebalancing work.

Also, let's not ignore how much EV streamlines the game, especially at the higher levels. Raids, for example, would be a lot less fluid if we had to camp energy restores every 3-4 minutes.

Lastly, no one actually forces you to play with a Trin+Nuker setup.

P.S.

P42W and every acronym near it(IE Rhino's old p22W) all needs to be removed and forgotten, the game will be much healthier for it and you guys can stop developing enemies that screw with everyone else's powers just because _a few frustrated grinders/farmers_. 

Way to poison the well.