Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Discuss Banshee's Defense Capabilities?

Hammahness808

I really like all of her abilities but once the bullets start flying her way, down she goes. I haven't maxed redirection yet so I'm only sitting with 660 shields with her and know she can reach 990. However, I've got 13 other frames in my arsenal and all but her can go into T4 and generally survive. At the moment, the only thing that can keep her somewhat alive is to run a silence+range+low duration build for spamming aoe stun. I did a test by going into T4 exterminate and she was pretty much the only one I had some difficulty with. I can deal out plenty of damage with my Boltor prime but again, she's kinda lacking in defense.

My suggestion? There's multiple choices. I think the best change she could receive, in my opinion of course, is a temporary buffer.

1) Higher shields, lower health.

2) Ability akin to Rhino's Iron Skin, where she casts a temporary buffer of very high pitched noise that either just stopped projectiles/bullets or makes them fragment around her in like a 1-4m radius dealing small damage to possible melee enemies. The ability could have a fixed duration of 5-10 seconds or a damage absorption on par with Iron Skin.

3) Change silence to pulse the stun (after initial contact), (ex. once every 5-6 seconds that lasts for 1-2 seconds.)

4) With her Sound Quake (4th ability), allow it to reduce incoming damage by 33-66% because of the supposed particles (of solid matter) flying/floating around her blocking bullet paths.

5) New first ability, ventriloquist act. Banshee being a "sound frame" could cause enemies to pay attention to a certain location and possibly walk over to it. Somewhat like a decoy. This could affect enemies in a 12-20m radius and have a 5-10 second duration.

Edited by TGKazein

Well if you were doing tests in a t4 exterminate then you can easily take advantage of cover. You could easily take an unranked frame and solo t4 ext using this method provided you have a decent firearm.

I think AGayGuyPlays pointed out what Banshee's role is essentially. While a lot of Warframes have their own way of twisting and bending rules of gameplay, Banshee does not. She puts into perspective of a typical over the shoulder shooter, as you don't really have any game-changing abilites, she's just extremely good at gunplay.

The thing about Banshee is that you can't play her like other warframes, you must use to your advantage everything the game offers to stay alive, you can't rely on passive mechanics like high shields/health/armor, or defensive skills like Iron Skin or Link that allow you to stay in the center of a room shooting everything that moves.

I don't want to say l2p because I don't like that kind of talk, but... I mean, I don't play her because I'm not good enough. Banshee is not for everyone, think her as the opposite of Rhino. Sorry if I offend anyone saying that.

All great replies. Yes, when I was testing in T4 ext, I was ducking in and out of cover just to stay alive but, entering one of those rooms where you have 3-5 people aiming at you in the entrance way - was very painful. I did have a carrier with me, I see that shade or kubrow with invisibility would've been good. I also agree that she is really wonderful in a group and that seems to be her niche. She has great CC with her 4th ability+range for teammates and her 2nd (sonar) allows higher damage output (which sometimes feels like it's just a visual in minor cases).

Edit: I guess I would have a different experience with maxed Redirection/Vitality and an invisibility companion.

Edited by TGKazein

I get what you mean OP.

I am fine with Banshee not getting more shields/armor/health.

The only balanced addition I would.like to see implmented into Silence is a discombobulated stun timer....basically lengthen the initial stun to 1/3 or 50% duration of Silence's full duration.

This would keep it from being a single cast AoE stun aura until duration ends, but give a little more duration scalability than the current fixed 3-4sec stun.

I also do like the Pulse stun idea....

If covert lethality ever gets scrapped in favor of all melee weapons being able to have true 1-hit finishers.

-Changing Savage Silence to be recasted stuns from a melee kill would allow her to have chained melee finisher setup that would seem assassin like....

-Damage aversion through active player input

Shout out to a fellow Banshee player not using a simple power strentgh build :P.

As many have said Banshee can survive in T4 anything just fine and I bring her all the time. You have to understand how to move toward and evade the enemy at the same time. I suggest you hop into the simulacrum and start practicing versus specific enemies, especially heavy gunners. Quickly get behind them as they are slow at turning around. Spawn enemies in groups of 5 or 10 whigh high RoF weapons and practice using silence or sonic boom to buy yourself time and open enemies up for finishers.

There is always a feeling of satisfaction for me when I boom a bunch of enemies on the ground and then proceed to shoot them in the head execution style. With her Sonic Fracture agument and Transient Fortitude you'll also remove armor from all those pesky Bombards without wasting an aura slot on CP. Yeah that may leave your teammates in the dust because they don't have armor stripping abilities, but that ain't yo fault :P.

The notable mention is that actually a lot of players don't know how to use her well, like some of you have said.

That out of the way, she is one of the most difficult frames to master. Thinking of a build requires a sense of balance and playing her requires a lot of focus in high level maps.

If you want to be a better warframe player, like agayguyplays said, you should practice with banshee.

Edit: Oh and my on topic contribution is, banshee definitely needs a rework for her to be comparable to many of the other frames. She was weaker than excalibur and she hasn't gotten any better through her tweaks.

Edited by Emeraudes

Banshee can survive most enemy encounters on the star chart and void, but when it gets to the higher level, if a bullet so much as scratches you, you're out. The way you play at that level is: (1) Cast sonar to find out where the enemies are. If they're around the corner you (2) cast Silence for the short stun duration, immediately get in line of sight to (3) knock them down with Sonic Boom and proceed to dispatch them (while continuously knocking them down). You end up wasting a lot of energy playing this way.

One very simple improvement - albeit less realistic given how sound waves work - is to remove the line of sight requirement for Sonic Boom. Better energy economy and better survivability.

Yeah I don't like banshee for her lack of ability to take a blow, but she can be pretty powerful when used by someone who's play style fits her.

Personally I like tanking frames that can rush at enemies no problem (I'd also add excalibur to that list when exalted blade's auto parry is factored in)

From what I've seen of banshee players she seems to be pretty good as is.