Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banned From Every Public Chat Without Any Notice.

stratavar

So I was taking part in the insanity in Region Chat regarding U17 about an hour ago at this point.  On 2 separate occasions in region chat, I typed comments in reply to other people in chat, and then suddenly the chat stopped scrolling.  Both times, nothing in these comments could be potentially perceived as harassment or anything even potentially hateful.  These comments did however in the case of the first one, consist of quite a few "periods" to create space to drive a dramatic pause, and in the case of the second, had a section of the text that was in all caps, but was not entirely all caps.

Nobody was posting, but everybody was there.  There was no message in my chat window from Kickbot, So i assumed that on both occasions, there was some kind of issue with the chat server.

I logged out and logged back in, to see chat back up and running.  I continued talking for a while, and then a player made a false quote, stating something along the lines of "The team is tired, and after a good rest, we'll be back on U17 tomorrow!"

My response to this was "Well then I might as well go and take my own life."

Chat stopped once more with no response from any DE-labelled bots or individuals after minutes of waiting, so I chose to log once more.

I came back to find messages stating "Your access to this channel has been suspended" in my Region, Recruiting, and Trading Chat windows.

Does this happen on a regular basis?  Is banning an individual without any form of explanation as to why, nor any form of warning, common practice in online chat?  These are legitimate questions, not rhetorical ones, so please feel free to comment; and I would like to see if others have had differing experiences as well.

Well for starters look at what you said you typed. 

If you can explain to me as to why what I said is potentially a threat, demeaning, discriminatory, sexist, etc. etc. in any way other than the fact that I am potentially threatening MYSELF rather than others, then I would gladly accept that point.  The only things that to me makes any sense is that what I said could be viewed as openly negative, and as such, could potentially affect others in spurring negativity; Or just the fact that it touches on the subject of suicide, which is a potentially touchy subject (but you know, what isn't a touchy subject when the emotions of human beings get involved?)

But no, it's ok that region chat is spammed to death with U17 OR RIOT and HYPETRAIN posts for over 50% of its content. 

Depends on exactly what you said...and how you dramatically paused. It could've also been a herp derp.

What i typed in quotes was exactly what I remember typing.

IIRC, the first two posts were this:

1. This was in reply to a person saying "U17 is kill."  A purple-text then replied in region chat "......U17 is not kill......"  I typed:

U17 is kill.........no...

2. People were discussing Windows 10 in Region chat, saying that people should get it because of the performance boost.  I replied:

Here's a computer that I would install Windows 10 on, IF MICROSOFT NOTIFIED ME IT WAS READY!

3.  To make this easier for everybody to read, i'll simply copy-pasta the third line from the original post here:

Well then I might as well go and take my own life.

Those are my posts.  I can most certainly understand that Kickbot could pick up on the first 2, but that last one seems like it would've had to have been by a person, but they were ALL automatic.  These times are my first offense in Region chat, so I'm not entirely sure how kickbot works there, but the ONE time that I posted a trade advertisement by mistake in recruiting,  I instantly received a message from kickbot, stating "You have been suspended from the Recruiting channel.  Please use Trade chat next time."

Maybe it isn't the case, but I would think that if a system is in place in one type of chat to respond to a player that breaks a code of conduct, and then respond to said player, telling them what they did was wrong, I would typically expect a system that resembles that in all chats.

Edited by stratavar

If you can explain to me as to why what I said is potentially a threat, demeaning, discriminatory, sexist, etc. etc. in any way other than the fact that I am potentially threatening MYSELF rather than others, then I would gladly accept that point.  The only things that to me makes any sense is that what I said could be viewed as openly negative, and as such, could potentially affect others in spurring negativity; Or just the fact that it touches on the subject of suicide, which is a potentially touchy subject (but you know, what isn't a touchy subject when the emotions of human beings get involved?)

But no, it's ok that region chat is spammed to death with U17 OR RIOT and HYPETRAIN posts for over 50% of its content. 

Whether or not you like it, that still constitutes as breaking the rules. Some things shouldn't be joked about, no matter how edgy you are. The reason you were kicked was breaking the rules. No harm comes in the "hypetrain" stuff, so of course nothing happened.

Joking about suicide is a no-no for some people, like me for example.

White knights will tell you: "even if it doesn't make sense to you, you broke the sacred rules!" The truth is, we don't have rights, this is treated as private property, moderators can suspend you, band you or whatever they decide because their subjective opinion is treated as irrefutable proof, they are basically like the bouncers in a night club. And the rules are so incredibly subjective, one of them is literally "no trolling"... You can contact support, but anyone in charge will say "I agree with the moderator he didn't do nothing wrong" because apparently they have this policy of "never being wrong" so you can waste your time getting upset about it, or get used to it, my advice is: try not to give importance to it, and send a support ticket if you want, but don't expect anything different from what you already got.

Also this is not the first, nor second nor third time I've seen people complaining about abuse of authority in chat, so i guess that's a thing now.

Well it's just tasteless to say "Oh might as well end my own life" in public chat with a variety of different people. So I don't blame one of the Ninja Moderators to axe you, temporarily I hope(hour/s not days), not permanent.

Well it's just tasteless to say "Oh might as well end my own life" in public chat with a variety of different people. So I don't blame one of the Ninja Moderators to axe you, temporarily I hope(hour/s not days), not permanent.

Nice to know we can now be banned for being "tasteless."

Nice to know we can now be banned for being "tasteless."

Okay, overreact to what I put out. That's neat.

I don't want to hold peoples hands for my points. What he said probably from the Moderator's view, was offensive to make killing yourself a silly humorous statement, Such as "rape" being used as humor. (Oooh, I said it, gasp all you want and be outraged).

No more hand holding now, no more about this non-sensical topic.

//I'll add I would not have suspended/banned if I was the Moderator, but they aren't a Hive Mind of like minded individuals and all have their own Bias, it's only natural. You may be outraged at what he did for whatever reason, but to another demographic, it's justifiable.

As I'm trying to see this from the viewpoint of said Moderator.

//I'll also add I'm in this topic cause I'm just pissing time away till the update comes out, and I lose interest in threads fast, sorry if I don't dispute your response to my post.

Edited by Shokky