Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Grakata Sound Returned

Hilgrad

I so rarely ever post on the forums; I'm usually a lurker (and in so many years of playing I have, what, less than 20 posts? :P) but I just had to make a comment on this. I was one of the people who didn't really like the new Prisma Grakata gun sounds; I saw the comments on the thread prior about it, but most everyone had said what I had thought covered it: the weapon lacked that 'projectile punch' factor that so suited the Grakata series. From what very little I had a chance to play of Update 17, one thing stood out for me: The Prisma Grakata sound was reverted back to its old self.

And from the bottom of my heart DE: I love you. <3

I understand that there was the original intention to tweak the sound of the 'Prisma' variants to distinguish them from the original, and I know that there are some who liked the new sound (I most certainly wasn't one of them, but I can understand the idea behind making 'Prisma' weapons sound more spaceage-y). But I certainly feel that this original sound much better represents the Grakata, Prisma or not. It has its old 'punchiness' back; the feeling of hurling 120 bullets of death in a quarter of a millisecond: it just sounds right.

Thanks again DE. :D

EDIT: Note, I'm not necessarily against the idea of varying up the sounds between variants. I remember back when the Braton Vandal came out: that thing sounded awesome compared to the regular Braton at the time. While I definitely like the sound as it is now, there's certainly nothing stopping the team going again for a second pass at it and it could sound even better (I can't really give any meaningful suggestions though, I wouldn't really know what to suggest). I think the main issue might have just been that the sound just didn't suit the Grakata, or have that satisfying feel. Prisma sounding? Yes. But suitable? No. I could be wrong, but that's just my observation.

Edited by Hilgrad

Damn, best news all day. Going to check it out. Having different sounds for different versions was never the issue. When a weapon which has such a punchy sound gets replaced with a spacey sci-fi sounding gun it will turn heads. Adding the option to (even just somewhat) customize sounds/skins would be a great addition. 

Glad you like it.  We beefed it up even more actually, so it is a lot punchier and deadlier sounding than the regular Grakata.

Oh I have not checked this yet. Awesome stuff! Glad to hear that the old sound is back and better than ever :)

After being AFG (Away From Game) for nearly 2 months, I returned to the sounds of my Prisma Grakata being equivalent to nails on a chalkboard. I was hesitant to complain; after all, maybe others enjoy the high pitched "squiggle, squiggle, squiggle."  I was about to put it on a shelf once i finished the 3rd Forma i was on... but now...

I will continue to put at least another 2 forma on it all thanks to the non-abrasive sounds that now emanate from this machine of death.

Thanks for making the right choice DE and fixing the Grakata sounds.