Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Buff Parkour 2.0 Movement Speed

NezuHimeSama

Parkour 2.0 is fun, and feels solid and satisfying except in one area: it's SLOW.

Wall Jump? Slow slow slow. Rocket jump? SLOOOOOW. Why?

Please consider increasing movement speeds of varous parkour movements. As is, it feels like a large downgrade to Warframe as a game.

In particular, I feel that the rocketjump movement speed multiplier should be considerably larger.

Edit: waitaminute, is that fixed movement speed on rocket jump? It's actually SLOWER on rhino prime.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

You got spoiled by zorens

Dragon Nikana, actually. It cleared most rooms in a single swipe, and was already too fast to controll anyway.

Yeah, looks like rocket jump movement speed is fixed? I get that it's supposed to be for gaining air, but if that's the case, why make it trigger for forward momentum? I'd really like if forward rocket jump was replaced with a faster speed-boost movement type for covering ground, rather than slowing you down.

The jumps feel noticeably slower with Volts speed. Previously my jump was as fast as volt, now the animation slows even with speed active.

Sorry but volt is my only frame until things speed up. I like the idea of being able to use any weapon without movement loss, but I already miss the fast pace good old days of coptering.

Volts speed ability should be base speed of all frames.

The jumps feel noticeably slower with Volts speed. Previously my jump was as fast as volt, now the animation slows even with speed active.

Sorry but volt is my only frame until things speed up. I like the idea of being able to use any weapon without movement loss, but I already miss the fast pace good old days of coptering.

Volts speed ability should be base speed of all frames.

+1 OP. My max speed on loki (1.81) is useless without:

Toggle sprint NOT ACTUALLY Toggling sprint.

"Bullet Jump" being slower than regular sprint speed. I mean, It's not even AS FAST, it's SLOWER!

Wall running being replaced with the now jocular "Bunny Hopping".

Requiring multiple keys almost constantly to maintain sprinting speed/bonus to > Wallrunning, Wall jumps, Sliding, Jumping, Basically everything.

Yeah, I have Mobilize (like 20% more speed on parkour +rush) on my build with Loki and I tried to put another speed mod like the elementals but u can't, u can only put 1 speed (parkour) mod on your build.

Now that u know that, I (personally) found the movements are kinda "heavy" and pretty slow, maybe because the low-gravity while jumping and etc.

Dragon Nikana, actually. It cleared most rooms in a single swipe, and was already too fast to controll anyway.

Yeah, looks like rocket jump movement speed is fixed? I get that it's supposed to be for gaining air, but if that's the case, why make it trigger for forward momentum? I'd really like if forward rocket jump was replaced with a faster speed-boost movement type for covering ground, rather than slowing you down.

You mean like the now gone forward somersault? The one that could launch you forward at blistering speeds to engage enemies at range with your melee weapons and didn't rely on coptering to cover good distances? This last update ruined this game for me. 

You mean like the now gone forward somersault? The one that could launch you forward at blistering speeds to engage enemies at range with your melee weapons and didn't rely on coptering to cover good distances? This last update ruined this game for me. 

What are you TALKING about? You can cover ALL of the distance. It only takes eons longer to do it!

http://gfycat.com/PhonyFirstGecko

New Mods

The following Mods are Transmutable and will also appear in purchased booster packs (with exception to Depleted Reload, which is a Corrupted Mod):

Adhesive Blast: Launched grenades now stick to the first surface it makes contact with.

Covert Lethality: Melee attacks from stealth are always lethal (Daggers only).

Seismic Wave:  Increases the range of ground slam damage by 50/100/150/200%.

Concealed Explosives:  Thrown blades have a 50/60/70% chance to explode on impact.

Combustion Beam:  Enemies killed by beam weapons explode for 50/100/150/200/250/300 damage shortly after death.

Depleted Reload: Increases reload speed, decreases magazine capacity.

Mobilize:  Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time.

Firewalker: Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time. Landing on enemies procs Heat damage.

Lightning Dash:  Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time.  Landing on enemies procs Electric damage.

Ice Spring:  Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time.  Landing on enemies procs Cold damage.

Toxic Flight:  Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time.  Landing on enemies procs Toxin damage.

Battering Maneuver:  Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time.  Landing on enemies procs Impact damage.

Rending Turn:  Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time.  Landing on enemies procs Slash damage.

Piercing Step:  Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time.  Landing on enemies procs Puncture damage.

Patagium:  Adds +15% Aim Glide / Wall Latch duration.

I've been pretty successful with my Ash actually. Jump -> Bullet jump is faster and further than Bullet jump -> jump. If you can can do rolling it's even better.

I am enjoying this more skill-based parkour than old zoren coptering

Edited by Half-Hero

I've found that jump -> slide -> unslide -> jump is actually really effective. I've just been doing that on faster frames, since you keep the momentum of the air slide that way, while maintaining most of your control.

For long distances, slide -> air-glide seems to work effectively.

Still not liking the lack of forward momentum burst though.

New Mods

The following Mods are Transmutable and will also appear in purchased booster packs (with exception to Depleted Reload, which is a Corrupted Mod):

You like ur intensify/Streamline/Natural Talent, too bad, you have to give them up at install a mod that gives slight benefits to parkour, to compensate the loss of speed and control you previously had with coptering. And in case u want to use "utility" slot, u will have to give up on diversity/freedom of ur builds for frames and forma at least twice to get the mod installed, assuming u can even spare it without breaking other builds. Fantastic solution, please give me more of those "utility" slots. 

Same design decisions as Augments, Vectis prime "buff" and others and the worst thing is, since DE invested heavily into this new "rework of movement", i have very little hope that we will get anywhere near close previous speed without significantly sacrificing our builds or possible diversity, turning even more frames into 3333333333, 111111111111111111 or a one, one and a half build "role fillers". 

You like ur intensify/Streamline/Natural Talent, too bad, you have to give them up at install a mod that gives slight benefits to parkour, to compensate the loss of speed and control you previously had with coptering. And in case u want to use "utility" slot, u will have to give up on diversity/freedom of ur builds for frames and forma at least twice to get the mod installed, assuming u can even spare it without breaking other builds. Fantastic solution, please give me more of those "utility" slots. 

Same design decisions as Augments, Vectis prime "buff" and others and the worst thing is, since DE invested heavily into this new "rework of movement", i have very little hope that we will get anywhere near close previous speed without significantly sacrificing our builds or possible diversity, turning even more frames into 3333333333, 111111111111111111 or a one, one and a half build "role fillers". 

So you are telling me, the simple fact, on where you have to manage your mods, to move fast, its bad?

You have to manage before your melee weapon to copter, or choose a melee because it copter well, and put a fury mod to copter better...

For moving fast with warframe, you have to put a rush mod, is that bad?

So, you have problems because now the mission takes 2 more minutes than before with coptering?

So you are telling me, the simple fact, on where you have to manage your mods, to move fast, its bad?

You have to manage before your melee weapon to copter, or choose a melee because it copter well, and put a fury mod to copter better...

For moving fast with warframe, you have to put a rush mod, is that bad?

So, you have problems because now the mission takes 2 more minutes than before with coptering?

Thats not what i am saying, i am saying that freedom of choice is being taken away from me for NO RETURN whatsoever. Even if i install The Rush mod (and give up something useful in "exchange"), it will still be nowhere near the time it took me to finish previous missions with coptering. 

In essence i become weaker and slower at the same time for NO REASON at all, because either DE did not wanted to work on coptering at all and give it better animations/control or they had no option to do so, due to coding being bad (or whatever the reason they decided to remove it). 

Thats not an equal exchange in any way, shape or form, nor it is an improvement in core gameplay mechanics either, i personally don't enjoy launching myself into the ceiling with unprepared  tilesets everywhere (and majority of maps are old, have plenty of ledges or random spots where u get stuck all the time). Lastly 2 more minutes per mission sounds not that bad, but unfortunately this game have insane RNG grind walls and u have to repeat the same mission over and over and over again to look at forma bp's, random trash parts and so on. IF u do 100 missions and each of them in best case scenario will took u on average 2 more minutes (not to mention the fact that coptering essentially was an escape mechanism as well, allowing for quick disengages and thus without it u die a lot more), u will waste 200 more minutes per 100 missions. What is the reason i have to do it and what i was given in exchange, when the option was taken away from me ? A Band-aid, which requires 3 days of farming/crafting and limits my ability to diversify builds for my frames. War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength, right? 

You could actually call the mobility that coptering granted an exploit. Spin attacks becoming a mobility tool was something that was never intended. If you compare the mobility that parkour 2.0 grants to the mobility that parkour 1.0 was intended to grant, then parkour 2.0 stomps all over parkour 1.0 in every way imaginable. The only reason that we view coptering the way we do know is because it wasn't fixed for such a long time that it became the norm. The only thing that's been taken away from you is the option to exploit a 2-year old bug. 

Amen.  RIP forward somersault.  Coptering was silly because it was hard to control, but the somersault move was great.

Amen.  RIP forward somersault.  Coptering was silly because it was hard to control, but the somersault move was great.

Amen.

Thats not what i am saying, i am saying that freedom of choice is being taken away from me for NO RETURN whatsoever. Even if i install The Rush mod (and give up something useful in "exchange"), it will still be nowhere near the time it took me to finish previous missions with coptering. 

In essence i become weaker and slower at the same time for NO REASON at all, because either DE did not wanted to work on coptering at all and give it better animations/control or they had no option to do so, due to coding being bad (or whatever the reason they decided to remove it). 

Thats not an equal exchange in any way, shape or form, nor it is an improvement in core gameplay mechanics either, i personally don't enjoy launching myself into the ceiling with unprepared  tilesets everywhere (and majority of maps are old, have plenty of ledges or random spots where u get stuck all the time). Lastly 2 more minutes per mission sounds not that bad, but unfortunately this game have insane RNG grind walls and u have to repeat the same mission over and over and over again to look at forma bp's, random trash parts and so on. IF u do 100 missions and each of them in best case scenario will took u on average 2 more minutes (not to mention the fact that coptering essentially was an escape mechanism as well, allowing for quick disengages and thus without it u die a lot more), u will waste 200 more minutes per 100 missions. What is the reason i have to do it and what i was given in exchange, when the option was taken away from me ? A Band-aid, which requires 3 days of farming/crafting and limits my ability to diversify builds for my frames. War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength, right? 

Well said, and I love the quote at the end too! I'm going to post in the PC Bugs about the clearly NOT AS INTENDED (or tested) Bullet Dive (whatever it's called). Release notes say it IMPROVES your speed, it DECREASES it on most frames. Sprint speed wasn't buffed AT ALL to compensate for copter removal.

Thanks for pointing out what any gamer worth his rupees has hated for years - "unprepared  tilesets everywhere (and majority of maps are old, have plenty of ledges or random spots where u get stuck all the time)" WORST OF ALL - PARKOUR 0.1 Doesn't do anything at all to address this. Bunny hopping doesn't fix bad level design. It certainly doesn't make up for REMOVING MY WALL BOOST = WTF?!? Ninjas would roll over in their graves if they could die. Show anyone 3 games and ask which one is the one with "Space Ninjas" and they'll be more likely to pick Angry Birds Star Wars over this 99% of the time.

All these points are valid, so they will likely be ignored (by DE), shot down, dismissed, and belittled by the fan-poi's. I myself thank you for putting forth well spoken and thought out concerns. It is encouraging to see negative feedback well spoken. (it helps contrast the grammar beatings the trolls dish out on the english language). :)