Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Is Surprisingly Spot On

_Chaser

You know, I recently got my booben. Currently he is rank 4 and has no mods, and this parkour system has really improved the way I move around with unmodded frames. It's a lot better then the cycle of Sprint, wait, sprint, wait, etc, etc. For me at least, this system feels a lot more smooth and easier to move around with. And as  I said before, I dont feel slow, even with my un-modded frames. And then zypher is just a god when it comes to movement now. I can also appreciate that my movement speed isn't tied to my weapons, now I can really mess with different arsenals and still not have to worry about holding everyone up.

Don't get me wrong. I am stoked about the removal of stamina. I also think bullet jumping looks great.  It's just everything else about the new movement system looks like crap to me.

Honestly, I think melee weapons are going to be even more restricting now. The meta isn't going away; it's just changing its focus.  Instead of a bunch of polearms, you will just see Dakra Primes, D. Nikana, and Scindo Primes.

Don't get me wrong. I am stoked about the removal of stamina. I also think bullet jumping looks great.  It's just everything else about the new movement system looks like crap to me.

Honestly, I think melee weapons are going to be even more restricting now. The meta isn't going away; it's just changing its focus.  Instead of a bunch of polearms, you will just see Dakra Primes, D. Nikana, and Scindo Primes.

Ah, im starting to see what you mean. At this point, bullet jump is definitely the new coptering. However, I wouldn't say that everything else is "crap."

Instead, most things seem "rough" I think that the concepts and the ideas that they put in are great, its just that they need tweaking to be made great. For me, the biggest thing about this new system was the new ideas in parkour 2.0, mainly because I think that the tweaks and improvements will follow soon after.

And with the new weapon meta, I prefer this new meta a little more. Instead of focusing on both how far you can get with coptering while also balancing damage. Now, it seems to be focused more on damage because the new parkour system seems to compensate for lost movement with certain weapons. Of course I could be wrong because if i'm honest, I'm not all that up to date with the new meta, so if i'm wrong, please feel free to correct me. 

Edited by ArcherAz

Issues I have with the system (including some things that persisted from the previous update)

Have a look

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/500481-a-few-ideas-to-polish-parkour-20/

It's far from spot on, though mainly because it feels stiff and the new bullet jump and air roll invalidate every other edition in most situations.

I would say it's better than the previous system, but the poor collision in this game really hinders it.... hard to tell until i get more time with it.

Is anyone else finding their finger automatically keeps trying to reflexively press sift when you're using the new bullet jump?

It's definitely replaced the slide jump, still can't get the hang of the wall running yet though.

Definite improvement all round!

Not if you changed your key binding. I have R as jump, I know it's weird, spacebar as crouch and shift as run/tumble, and lastly ctrl as alt fire.

I just press w + spacebar + r, that does the bullet jump in front direction. Pretty easy.

it feels stiff

It's funny, because I found the new system very fluid. I don't feel "stiff" at all. If anything, the old system was a lot more stiff in gameplay.

I played some Ash with parkour 2.0, and it made dodging and being mid-air a joy. I actually wanted to try aim gliding and kill, and when it does it feels pretty good. I feel like some people really hate it with a passion, pouring their emotion in hating it... I don't mind at all as long as it's fun and does what I want to do.

It's funny, because I found the new system very fluid. I don't feel "stiff" at all. If anything, the old system was a lot more stiff in gameplay.

New system is less stiff, but still stiff. there isn't much control while in the air when you aren't jumping, and the wall hopping is very digital (the wall hops either shoot up or sideways) where there isn't any smooth curve to the jump itself. Bullet jump and glide are pretty useful, but everything else is either awkward or useless when you can just fly everywhere with bullet jumping.

So far, I like it. But there are some things that I would change:

1. Sprint is still there, but after removing Stamina, there's no reason not to sprint. So why not make everybody a bit faster and remove the mechanic? I tried enabling "toggle sprint" in the menu and changed "shift" to "roll" but it seems it toggles off by itself. 

2. Bullet jump is fine on a paved street. Using it with obstacles in the path is more like playing flipper. You run straight forward, press the buttons and... jump into the air? Most of the time when trying to jump through hallways I end up hitting my head on the ceiling. It seems that the orientation of the surface has to big of an influence, especially when the surface is really really small. 

3. Bullet jump and aim seems faster than bullet jump itself. I'm not sure if that's true and I'm not sure if it's intended, but it seems that way and it seems wrong. I want to aim while flying through the air so I can shoot some bad guys, but with it being that fast it's impossible to hit anything (well, it is for me). I would like it better, if it would slow us down. And the zoom is more annoying than helping.

4. Like the others said: Running on a wall is like using a 90s joystick. Only 3 directions, not 180° (or even more) of freedom. I'm not sure if that would work out though, because aiming at an enemy below could make you run down the wall instead of along the wall... Perhaps that's the reason...

5. Latching onto a wall doesn't work more often than not. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I would've guessed that jumping into a wall would make you latch on instead of just hitting the head and falling down.

I never quite understood why people don't like Parkour 2.0. Sure, there's a few things here and there to be worked out still, but I'm making my way around maps much faster than coptering. Bullet jump is just as spammable as coptering, as well as giving similar distance (excluding anything with berserker), and overall has way more control. As I helped a friend farm for Equinox, I often found myself clearing through the rooms at blazing speeds, and even getting used to jumping off of enemies and walls. My guess is that Parkour 2.0 just hasn't fully settled in with everyone yet