Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Complain About Timewalls?

ROSING

So I was rather taken aback that so many people have posted their dislike of having to wait with time walls, for example the minimum wait time of 7 days for equinox.

RNG? I understand, you never know when you're going to get it.

Timewall? Remember that this is a free to play game. One of the best ways to create a non pay to win free to play is to have timewalls, something that DE has done relatively well (at oeast for the older warframes and weapons). Be patient and you don't have to spend money. Want something sooner rather than later, well, shell out the plat for it.

With a timewall, it's not that you don't have it, you already do. You just have to wait a little. But if you want something immediately in a free to play game, you gotta pay. You can't have both.

Not everyone has the luxury to pay money to rush it or to purchase plat, resulting in them having to wait that amount of time for the frame. 

If you're playing warframe so much that it's agonizing to wait for something to finish crafting, perhaps you should consider spending some of your clearly abundant free time working at a job that will grant you the money to purchase platinum.

Timewalls are okay in moderation, but 7 days? Come on, in that time I can get hooked on a completely different game without the timewalls in it.

I do see your point, but while it may seem like a long time I don't agree, and if we're comparing it to previous frames like mesa then this is a step back to where we want it to be. And for me, as long as we're guaranteed to get it in these seven days then I'm fine with that.

Timewalls are okay in moderation, but 7 days? Come on, in that time I can get hooked on a completely different game without the timewalls in it.

That 7 days thing is exaggerated, it's not as though you have to craft each component one after the other. If you craft them simultaneously then the wait isn't longer than any other frame. If anything the timewalls are lower than previous quest based frames that require you to build one piece at a time to progress the quest. Unless I'm mistaken about something, then Equinox's timewall is no less reasonable than any other.

Edit: Just looked it up, was unaware of the crafting aspects then the whole frame thing. Still, a week of just waiting while you could do anything else isn't much more than the timewalls we've seen before.

Edited by nintega

• 4 weeks later...

That 7 days thing is exaggerated, it's not as though you have to craft each component one after the other. If you craft them simultaneously then the wait isn't longer than any other frame. If anything the timewalls are lower than previous quest based frames that require you to build one piece at a time to progress the quest. Unless I'm mistaken about something, then Equinox's timewall is no less reasonable than any other.

Edit: Just looked it up, was unaware of the crafting aspects then the whole frame thing. Still, a week of just waiting while you could do anything else isn't much more than the timewalls we've seen before.

12 hours to make the systems, chassi and helmets

+

72 hours to make the aspects

+

72 hour to make the equinox

=

156 hours AKA 6½ days

Can't get faster than that

That 7 days thing is exaggerated, it's not as though you have to craft each component one after the other. If you craft them simultaneously then the wait isn't longer than any other frame.

No. It takes 12h to craft all parts, then 3 days to craft the day/night aspects and then another 3 days to complete the frame.

@topic: people will allways complain. I had no problem to get Hydroid, no problem to get Mesa and no problem to get Equinox.

Thankfully I don't play WF everyday.

So once i got a frame parts, I can just go offline for a few days while waiting for it to build.

And I already gotten all Equinox parts in about 2hr and 30mins including aspects.

2 and half hours for farming all the parts? You lucky bastard, it took me a lot more than that, damn night systems xD

Yeah i guess having to wait for it to build is just a mere headache when compared to the grind of actually getting the parts...

I'll take waiting a week for Equinox over bashing my head against T3D/S for 20 minutes at a time just to have a mountain of Ember helmets and not an Ash BP or Sys in sight. I'd also rather have Equinox's timewall over trying to slug it out with the scum on trade chat and not pay through the nose.

The thing with a timewall is you know you are at least going to have x thing by x time. RNG/Trade Chat doesn't guarantee that.

You do understand that if nothing is ever said that things are guaranteed to get worse. And considering all the ridiculous ways de is creating to increase the time between the release new content and players using it, it's getting worse.

But for casual players who can play only a few days per week like me,they will need about 1 week to get a forma and even worse is warframes like chroma or mirage.(or just warframes in general)

So? You're a self professed casual - why do you need it to take less than a day? Expecting it immediately is not really being casual about it. 

You do understand that if nothing is ever said that things are guaranteed to get worse. And considering all the ridiculous ways de is creating to increase the time between the release new content and players using it, it's getting worse.

Except when ya know, it isn't getting worse at all - both Chroma and Equinox are technically quicker and easier to access than Mesa - whom people are still crying about even though everyone and his dog has her. 

So how is that worse?

Edited by MumblesMcphatty

Except when ya know, it isn't getting worse at all - both Chroma and Equinox are technically quicker and easier to access than Mesa - whom people are still crying about even though everyone and his dog has her. 

So how is that worse?

Don´t forget about Vauban, although there seem to be an increase in his alerts you need to be online otherwise you will miss the alerts. He can take you month to aquire and I think it´s been this way since his release.

2 and half hours for farming all the parts? You lucky bastard, it took me a lot more than that, damn night systems xD

Yeah i guess having to wait for it to build is just a mere headache when compared to the grind of actually getting the parts...

That was with breaks too !

Op gear can really really force the 3 stages to go much faster :P

Edited by fatpig84

Every time this is a complaint, It gets annoying. Last it was the quests, where you had to craft it, before doing the next part, i.e. before getting the next part. Heaven forbid you can't get it instantly.

Its not simply a plan to make money, its to extend the time you are involved with the game.

If it takes 24 hours (example) to fully craft the item (Frame, Weapon etc.) You get the items, come back the next day, start using it, max it out in 1 hour or less. Congrats you're now done with the game until the next release in a month.

It isn't a time wall imo. You are not prevented from doing any other things. You can still play the game. It isn't like some mobile (most) where you have to wait for energy to regenerate to do another action and that takes hours.

People just are impatient

Don´t forget about Vauban, although there seem to be an increase in his alerts you need to be online otherwise you will miss the alerts. He can take you month to aquire and I think it´s been this way since his release.

Oh yeah - I always forget about Booben. 

Probably something to do with getting all his parts in my first week of play - he was building in my Foundry before I found out he was "hard to get" - haha!