Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Not The Type Of Feedback You Are Looking For After All Your Work With U8 - Welcome To Warfarmers

Aerensiniac

Difficulty was one of my major points Cobra... then again i guess not many people bother to read 9 pages.

Not only did I read every one of your excessively repetive posts, but I read the circle jerk responses to them as well.

You misinterpret difficulty.

You have barely mentioned the difference between strategic fights and bullet sponges.

Borderlands is extremely hard in places, but most people agree the boss fights in it are dull if not horrible, few people replay the game more than once (Despite it's popularity).

Conversely;

WoW raids can be played with 2 button macros spammed with correct timing, and yet it's one of the most played and replayed games of all time.

The difference is literally 2 words; "Correct timing"

People enjoy fights that make you think, make you work.

It seems they don't even care how complex it is, so long as it's tricky.

Warframe with it's interactive gameplay could easily introduce some tricky boss fights, and things like the new kril are examples of this, It was some of the most fun I've had in warframe thus far.... and it was barely more complicated that taking 2 steps away from him at the right time.

You mention difficulty, but you don't elaborate as to what you mean by that.

I don't want more jackals which take a year to fight and can blow you up instantly.

I want strategy, timing and gameplay.

You mentioned these, yes, but you didn't elaborate or articulate why, and while that may not be your fault, not insisting upon correct gameplay is what gives us void keys instead of end game content.

This post has a lot of good points, and even better general ideas for improvements... OVER TIME. The thing is OP sounds like the kind of guy that devours content and burns out on games much faster than the average player; even if this isn't the case, the post revolves around wanting new content delivered at a somewhat unreasonable rate. I have to question whether or not someone with these problems with the game, aside from the lacking difficulty,  could be entertained any better by content that updates the gameplay primarily. 

Granted, it is exceedingly important that we are able to enjoy the game in its simplest form in order to find motivation for the more specific goals of the game. However, outside of gameplay without reward everything can anything could be called farming. Within our community the term farming is generally used to specify a perceived excess of time required to acquire certain objectives, and it is all really just subjective.

tl;dr I'd love to see more gameplay-centric content in the future, specifically things with much higher difficulty and/or incorporate teamwork. Yet I'm not joining into complaining about the speed of the releases. This is just my biased and ignorant 2 cents on the subject, something that seems to fit in with this topic.

Edited by Hechunen

This post has a lot of good points, and even better general ideas for improvements... OVER TIME. The thing is OP sounds like the kind of guy that devours content and burns out on games much faster than the average player; even if this isn't the case, the post revolves around wanting new content delivered at a somewhat unreasonable rate. I have to question whether or not someone with these problems with the game, aside from the lacking difficulty,  could be entertained any better by content that updates the gameplay primarily. 

Granted, it is exceedingly important that we are able to enjoy the game in its simplest form in order to find motivation for the more specific goals of the game. However, outside of gameplay without reward everything can anything could be called farming. Within our community the term farming is generally used to specify a perceived excess of time required to acquire certain objectives, and it is all really just subjective.

tl;dr I'd love to see more gameplay-centric content in the future, specifically things with much higher difficulty and/or incorporate teamwork. Yet I'm not joining into complaining about the speed of the releases. This is just my biased and ignorant 2 cents on the subject, something that seems to fit in with this topic.

Well, actually, OP compares warframe to World of Warcraft, a game which provides new content barely once every half a decade.

That said, the content it provides actually feels.... substantial.

It adds to the game, particuarly the end game, and players can get a sence of growth.

Well, actually, OP compares warframe to World of Warcraft, a game which provides new content barely once every half a decade.

That said, the content it provides actually feels.... substantial.

It adds to the game, particuarly the end game, and players can get a sence of growth.

I agree, and I particularly enjoy experiencing the game grow firsthand.

Honestly the OP has been wrong about multiple things, as many have taken the liberty to point out. This is just one of the unfortunate side effects of the anonymity of the internet, rampant bold ignorant statements. I know I've been guilty of the same thing on multiple occasions. I was just hoping to address this issue from the developers point of view, to some extent.

As players we'd love to have an endless supply of content, just as fans of any form of media would. Developers have to think about endgame, difficulty, rewards, events, balance, mechanics, visuals, interface and so much more. Its a group of human beings, working hard, to bring this content to us. Sure they make some mistakes, which they learn from, but they are doing a pretty damn good job thus far.

Edited by Hechunen

Not only did I read every one of your excessively repetive posts, but I read the circle jerk responses to them as well.

You misinterpret difficulty.

You have barely mentioned the difference between strategic fights and bullet sponges.

Borderlands is extremely hard in places, but most people agree the boss fights in it are dull if not horrible, few people replay the game more than once (Despite it's popularity).

Conversely;

WoW raids can be played with 2 button macros spammed with correct timing, and yet it's one of the most played and replayed games of all time.

The difference is literally 2 words; "Correct timing"

People enjoy fights that make you think, make you work.

It seems they don't even care how complex it is, so long as it's tricky.

Warframe with it's interactive gameplay could easily introduce some tricky boss fights, and things like the new kril are examples of this, It was some of the most fun I've had in warframe thus far.... and it was barely more complicated that taking 2 steps away from him at the right time.

You mention difficulty, but you don't elaborate as to what you mean by that.

I don't want more jackals which take a year to fight and can blow you up instantly.

I want strategy, timing and gameplay.

You mentioned these, yes, but you didn't elaborate or articulate why, and while that may not be your fault, not insisting upon correct gameplay is what gives us void keys instead of end game content.

I have specifically mentioned non direct kill, combination kill and other boss fights, furthermore i have put tone on the lack of team work over and over again, not to mention that the game offers no form of challenge once you have maxed out a frame which can be done within a weeks time.

So if you seriously read all of my posts and still think that i am "entirely missing the real issue" then you probably didnt understand a word i have said.

We can start a week long talk about how we can implement challenging game play into warframe and the differences between bullet sponges and tactical kills, but thats already a detail held within the fact that there is neither in warframe.

All the farming frustration, at least for me personally, stems from having nothing pro-active to do to improve the chances of finding what I'm looking for. Something like monitoring sensors at the Dojo for certain radiation traces or something along those lines at least, not necessarily so that it just goes "BING! Go to Olympus and you've got it!" but at least points out the general direction and/or improves the odds slightly.

I was happy about the livestream tbh, but they didn't seem to adress much of the problems in here, I realy wonder if they are actually working on even creating a metagame or just adding more shiny orokin weapons so people will buy keys. Will have to wait and see I guess.

I was happy about the livestream tbh, but they didn't seem to adress much of the problems in here, I realy wonder if they are actually working on even creating a metagame or just adding more shiny orokin weapons so people will buy keys. Will have to wait and see I guess.

The devs clearly communicated that they were looking over the prices, but that they were a bit surprised that there were huge clans and small microclans. It is a bit worrying that they didn't consider "small" under 50. But as Rebecca herself pointed out, many people do run 4 player clans because that's the maximum amount of players in a squad. The problem they're working on right now (sans 10 million other issues) is that they don't really know how to reliably and fairly scale this down or up if need be.

My advice is that if you feel it's unfair, take a break from the game and wait for E3 to pass, as I understood it, the devs are seriously crunching for E3 and trying to make more players head into the fray.

The devs clearly communicated that they were looking over the prices, but that they were a bit surprised that there were huge clans and small microclans. It is a bit worrying that they didn't consider "small" under 50. But as Rebecca herself pointed out, many people do run 4 player clans because that's the maximum amount of players in a squad. The problem they're working on right now (sans 10 million other issues) is that they don't really know how to reliably and fairly scale this down or up if need be.

My advice is that if you feel it's unfair, take a break from the game and wait for E3 to pass, as I understood it, the devs are seriously crunching for E3 and trying to make more players head into the fray.

I'll probably solo/private farm Io with friends as Ember, so we can drink a coffee as I stand near the cryopod and everything around us die to wave 5 till a key drops so I can then.. go farm some more for shinnies. 

Utterly disheartened that they didn't even consider removing Forma as a cost from the dojo constructions yet, but it's a good thing they want to scale the costs down I guess.. I also heard you need some ridiculous mastery rank to even get the clan weapons so even more faming in my way I guess, last resort will have to be joining some Mega Corp clan after I have the required mastery and make anything I want and just leave. Since this is what it has come to so far.

Utterly disheartened that they didn't even consider removing Forma as a cost from the dojo constructions yet

I know, especially considering that many, myself included, have cried foul of this practice! Having said that though, I have to wonder if todays Forma alert is a sign that they are at least making the damn things easier to find than a camel in Antarctica outside of the Market.

Edited by Nova2000

I still don't understand why they didn't make the dojo's take time, instead of resources and only have some resources that every player has to farm for in order to get acces to different parts for the dojo (like dueling, research, it would be like a pass).

This way neither small nor large clans have any advantage, since they both will need to wait the same time for the stuff to be build and every player had to farm a certain amount in order to get acces to the buildings.

Edited by Story4

OMG OP you've got me laughing soo hard.  Best post ever!  Yes, you're completely right, but I still love update 8.  The farming is getting intense, but on the upside I farm by shooting things.  Hope you stick around.  I could use more posts like this.

Farm in rusting ships for the win!

The game desperately needs more complexity.  In my most humble opinion, they need to take a que from the standard MMORPG formula and add some more complicated and difficult group based objectives.  You know what im talking about, im talking about raids and dungeons with progressing difficulty and progressive rewards.  The game needs its Molten Core and Zul Gurub, the reward being the gear you get and the very fact that your group of players were good and skilled enough to win.  As is now, its just farm stuff that dies in 1 hit over and over ad nasuem to get mats to craft the best items in the game.

Its like if WoW was just Ragefire Chasm, and thats it.  And every single item drops there, and the boss is just a palette swap of the mobs you see all through the dungeon but with 10x HP.