Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Think Mesa And Excalibur Should Be Nerfed And How

The-Aurora

Excalibur

Why should he be nerfed ?
Infinite usage of Exalted Blade - Seeing people just slash into every single direction whole mission is bs to me, I tried to ask people if its actualy fun for them and the conversation looked in short like this: "Leave me alone, I dont like guns."

How should Exalted Blade be nerfed ?
I dont have anything against people using excalibur just for his final abillity, but I just hate seeing people mindlessly slashing everywhere and not even thinking where the enemies, and the easiest way how this could be fixed is add to the existing drain a drain per slash (lets say around 5-10 energy per slash) to also keep the feeling of "I am using the uleashed power of Excalibur now."

Mesa

Why should she be nerfed ?
I think that I dont really need to explain why Mesa should be nerfed somehow, everyone knows that situation when people use her just to stand on one spot hold down fire button and... wait until the mission finishes ?

How should Peacemaker be nerfed ?
In my opinion this abillity being infinite just like Exalted Blade is bs since you can just literally stand there and hold fire button and from time to time go pick up some energy orbs, so I have one idea how this abillity could be actualy remade and that is making this abillity like Ash's, some enemies whithin the range of the abillity get marked (for the abillity itself, making visual mark would be necessary) and possibly speed up the animation by 1.5x or 2x while draining around 1/5 of energy pool per use.

Edit
PS: I am just sharing my thoughts on how to make random matchmaking more enjoyable.
Edited by xAndrejSvKx

Even though I main Excalibur ever since I began playing, I guess I have to agree with the fact that the Exalted Blade is indeed, quite overpowered. I can only hope it gets balanced properly instead of getting nerfed into oblivion.

Huh, actually. Something just crossed my mind. Now that we have a dedicated ALT-FIRE command at our disposal, why not make the energy waves eat lots of energy and be tied to that command alone, while we use the Exalted Blade in ordinary melee with the usual controls?

Edited by Gale47

the easiest way how this could be fixed is add to the existing drain a drain per slash (lets say around 5-10 energy per slash)

No. Just.....no.

Increased energy drain per second of being in Exalted Blade, maybe. But adding energy drain per slash, a big NO.

I'd rather just decrease the range of the waves in the default combo while giving them unique propeties back in its other combos(like larger waves, faster waves) or whatever else, giving the players more incentive to try out the combos rather than spamming E mindlessly.

Edited by Knightmare047

I mean, this thread might have a little more respect if the OP wasn't on about nerfing a frame just because they dislike the way people use them.

Because spamming a single ability mindlessly for an entire game is a great playstyle?

People are free to choose how they play. Doesn't matter of that doesn't coincide with what you particularly like.

instead of nerfing and nursing and nwewr or whatever.. why don't set the enemies to the hardestestest mode? or like nightmarestestest raid mode

I would personaly like if the game would head that way but I dont think DE are heading that way

Edited by xAndrejSvKx

Because spamming a single ability mindlessly for an entire game is a great playstyle?

I also use Excalibur from time to time - with all abilities. It isn't out problem that you don't like when others use the master sword and can't stand the look. If he would be really OP so why isn't everybody running with him? I'd agree to slightly raise the energy cost of it but we don't need to break another frame. Especially not when the VISUALS seem to be the main reason.

And Mesas Peacemaker isn't that powerful in higher levels. You do a lot of damage but you shoot constantly because the enemies get a lot of HP (and armour). In that area, Mesa hurts everyone but the other have to do the killing blow because she doesn't concentrate on one enemy.

Honestly though I use all 4 of his abilities, they sync up just so well now that its just alot of fun using him in all different methods. But, yes there are those people who love to spam exalted blade. On the other hand, there are always people who love to spam 4 over and over on most frames. After Exalibur's bumpy nerf/buff/nerf train, I am not quite sure if proposing a change to exalted blade at this current time is a wise idea. I do applaud you though as that is not an over the top change to exalted blade. However, in retrospect it will not really stop the exalted blade spam due to energy restores being so available. Sure, they will have to pause to regain energy but other then that they can just keep going like before.

Excalibur

Why should he be nerfed ?
Infinite usage of Exalted Blade - Seeing people just slash into every single direction whole mission is bs to me, I tried to ask people if its actualy fun for them and the conversation looked in short like this: "Leave me alone, I dont like guns."

How should Exalted Blade be nerfed ?
I dont have anything against people using excalibur just for his final abillity, but I just hate seeing people mindlessly slashing everywhere and not even thinking where the enemies, and the easiest way how this could be fixed is add to the existing drain a drain per slash (lets say around 5-10 energy per slash) to also keep the feeling of "I am using the uleashed power of Excalibur now."

Mesa

Why should she be nerfed ?
I think that I dont really need to explain why Mesa should be nerfed somehow, everyone knows that situation when people use her just to stand on one spot hold down fire button and... wait until the mission finishes ?

How should Peacemaker be nerfed ?
In my opinion this abillity being infinite just like Exalted Blade is bs since you can just literally stand there and hold fire button and from time to time go pick up some energy orbs, so I have one idea how this abillity could be actualy remade and that is making this abillity like Ash's, some enemies whithin the range of the abillity get marked (for the abillity itself, making visual mark would be necessary) and possibly speed up the animation by 1.5x or 2x while draining around 1/5 of energy pool per use.

So you want them nerfed why? You sound like one has messed up a few missions for you but you don't really say why you want them nerfed. And the quote you give for excal is ridiculous, I use excal a bit and its not cause I "don't like guns".

there are many frames you can spam abilities mindlessly but none are done for no reason or for long.

you can spam abilities with every frame in the game you can spam with nova rhino frost saryn equinox you only have a problem with excal cause you dont like his style if he was that good everyone would use him and not everyone does so playing solo solves your problem pretty well 

you can spam abilities with every frame in the game you can spam with nova rhino frost saryn equinox you only have a problem with excal cause you dont like his style if he was that good everyone would use him and not everyone does so playing solo solves your problem pretty well

You cant really compare spamming with nova (and maybe even rhino) with exalted blade since if you are running regular slow nova after 2-3 molecular primes you run out of energy

Edited by xAndrejSvKx

I mean, I can solo with Volt forever just spamming his first ability. Should it be nerfed? Everyone's play style is different, and each have their limitations.

Mesa's number four rips up the lower levels, but at higher levels she just doesn't hack it.

I don't know enough about excal's power to make a judgement call on it.

I agree they need to be nerfed. Excalibur should be a melee frame. I'm not opposed to the energy waves on Exalted Blade, however I am opposed to the energy waves doing as much damage as the blade itself... They should soften up the enemy before engaging in directly in melee, not make it so melee is useless. I mean there isn't any reason to use any of his combos even though he has unique ones. He essentially has turned into a walking Fluctus and it's absolutely no different than using a gun. Which is the opposite of a melee frame... And the goal was to make him a melee frame.

Peacemaker just needs to be removed and replaced with something else that uses her guns or it needs a cool down if you ask me. Mesa is my most used frame, I never use Peacemaker outside of emergencies like clearing an area to make it safer to get a downed team member up. Sure it's great for that to a point, but when people over use it it make the game not fun for me because I may as well just sit there and do nothing.

Edited by Ceryk

Mesa is my most used frame, I never use Peacemaker outside of emergencies like clearing an area to make it safer to get a downed team member up. Sure it's great for that to a point, but when people over use it it make the game not fun for me because I may as well just sit there and do nothing.

Another "I don't use that ability so nerf it". When you have nothing to do then you play in the wrong places. As nulloperations already said, Mesa can shred up everything at lower levels but has to rely on other frames on higher. Almost every ultimate flawlessly destroys lower levels. Mesa, Rhino, Saryn, Excalibur (both 3rd and 4th ability), Ash, Nova, Ember, Oberon, Volt, Frost, Banshee, Mirage, even Nyx.

Idk why tf i still play this game?! x(

Oh right NINJAS PLAY FREE

Plus i play what frame i like along with how i like.

I play how i want not how You want.

Im sure this goes for everyone.

Stop Ruining this game. Exalted Blade is Awesome coming from a huge Ash player.

Mesa is also dope asf. Peace Maker reminds me of DMC for some reason