Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stamina Bar Needs To Be In Pvp

Rollerlane

i played a bunch of matches before and after U17 and the one thing that i noticed thats a huge problem (other than Saryn is pathetic and needs a buff) is that the PvP, while in a game that is fast paced and speedy, the matches are way too slow, as in nobody ever dies. ever. why? because you can outrun your enemy and chain bulletjumps across the map and the game is suddenly a fuckfest of who can jump the most. PvE parkour and PvP parkour should remain separated as they are completely different in every way.

EDIT: a lot of people disagree with me, i dont care. there NEEDS to be a limit to how fast and how mobile you are. PvP was much better pre-parkour 2.0

Edited by Rollerlane

I fully disagree. instead of being outrun based on your enemies weapon, you are outrun by how good your opponent is at running away. In other words: if you cant keep up with the chase, you get no kills, and boy is the chase fun. 

Get into a fight with somebody, somebody starts losing the fight, they retreat and you give chase while attempting to finish them off. You know where they are headed (the health drops) and you either chase or cut them off. 

IMO its extremely fun to chase them down and own them because they are more focused on moving, rather than defending themselves. 

but I can use this "flying 2.0" go over 60M in 2 second, even faster than 1.0, and I can cast it in mid air

I don't see a problem in that. It is fast enough to maintain the fast pace of the game, it is slower enough that its easier to hit fleeing targets, it pleases players with good aiming, and its a very skillful parkour, its fluid, its independent of the melee weapon... I could go on and on, parkour 2.0 is absolutely beautiful and i it must stay for good in both PvP and PvE. People don't even realize the full potential yet, right now there are many ''bunny hoppers'' but its because they are just starting to master the possibilities. About the complaints on speed, i don't know a respectful way to say this other than ''get gud''.

I don't see a problem in that. It is fast enough to maintain the fast pace of the game, it is slower enough that its easier to hit fleeing targets, it pleases players with good aiming, and its a very skillful parkour, its fluid, its independent of the melee weapon... I could go on and on, parkour 2.0 is absolutely beautiful and i it must stay for good in both PvP and PvE. People don't even realize the full potential yet, right now there are many ''bunny hoppers'' but its because they are just starting to master the possibilities. About the complaints on speed, i don't know a respectful way to say this other than ''get gud''.

So the flying 2.0 is meaning less, copt spam still here and more worst :P  just another form and names.

skillful ? it's more easy to reach unlimited height with new flying 2.0, and the air flowing bug :P

I disagree, Parkour 2.0 is the best thing that ever happened to PvP.

Parkour 2.0 is the worst thing that happened to pvp in this game.

The matches now turn into jump fests based purely on luck. 

This parkour 2.0 killed the pvp aspect for me. 

PVP now turned into a luck based joke. Stamina bar would be of great use as it will make you think when you need to jump and do maneuvers instead of doing luckbased spamfest. 

Edited by Victorovich

Parkour 2.0 is the worst thing that happened to pvp in this game.

The matches now turn into jump fests based purely on luck. 

This parkour 2.0 killed the pvp aspect for me. 

PVP now turned into a luck based joke. Stamina bar would be of great use as it will make you think when you need to jump and do maneuvers instead of doing luckbased spamfest. 

I just played a game. Team Deathmatch. I alone against 2 experienced players. For 7 minutes there were no kills until a 4th player joined. Why? Because I was running around using sommersaults. Opponents tried using abilities, tried to stun or stagger me but I always ran away. Their DPS was not enough to kill me in short times of opportunity. I was using the tankiest warframe - Frost Prime.

There is general design issue - mobility versus time to kill.

There are only two ways to fix this - reduce mobility or reduce time to kill.

1). Reduce time to kill. A.k.a Conclave 1.0. Everyone moves fast but also dies fast. But it brings more problems.

- Warframe choice is limited. Take the highest EHP.

- Weapon choice is limited. Anything that does not one shots or kills is useless.

2). Reduce mobility especially for heavier frames.

- Greater variety in frames

- Great variety in weapons

I just played a game. Team Deathmatch. I alone against 2 experienced players. For 7 minutes there were no kills until a 4th player joined. Why? Because I was running around using sommersaults. Opponents tried using abilities, tried to stun or stagger me but I always ran away. Their DPS was not enough to kill me in short times of opportunity. I was using the tankiest warframe - Frost Prime.

There is general design issue - mobility versus time to kill.

There are only two ways to fix this - reduce mobility or reduce time to kill.

1). Reduce time to kill. A.k.a Conclave 1.0. Everyone moves fast but also dies fast. But it brings more problems.

- Warframe choice is limited. Take the highest EHP.

- Weapon choice is limited. Anything that does not one shots or kills is useless.

2). Reduce mobility especially for heavier frames.

- Greater variety in frames

- Great variety in weapons

We had a TTK boost for most primaries weapon.  The problem with chasing and shooting is some weapon is too inaccurate to do the job effectively. 

We had a mod that reduce spread (I think increase accuracy is a better term) and reduce recoil while sliding.  However, the problem with this and Parkour 2.0 is  that the new system is jump base instead of slide base (like old coptering system)

Edited by Hueminator

We had a TTK boost for most primaries weapon.  The problem with chasing and shooting is some weapon is too inaccurate to do the job effectively. 

We had a mod that reduce spread (I think increase accuracy is a better term) and reduce recoil while sliding.  However, the problem with this and Parkour 2.0 is  that the new system is jump base instead of slide base (like old coptering system)

The increase was pretty minor. And as I said lowering ttk will raise new problems.

The increase was pretty minor. And as I said lowering ttk will raise new problems.

The increase damage was inevitable since we have most armor buffs and prime buff (more shield more HP).  Not to mention we have overcharged mod.

Edit: When I said TTK Boost I meant lower TTK (which mean increase in DPS)

Anyone else agree with me we need mods that increase accuracy?

Edited by Hueminator

So the flying 2.0 is meaning less, copt spam still here and more worst :P  just another form and names.

skillful ? it's more easy to reach unlimited height with new flying 2.0, and the air flowing bug :P

I think that you just cant hit moving targets, so you have to punish everyone else because of your inability to do so. And of course have to compare it to coptering because it must be so difficult for your poor hands to focus on a target.

Parkour 2.0 saved PvP 2.0. More people are now actively participating in the pvp community and a lot of people are enjoying it.

Edited by Eureka.seveN

I think that you just cant hit moving targets, so you have to punish everyone else because of your inability to do so. And of course have to compare it to coptering because it must be so difficult for your poor hands to focus on a target.

Parkour 2.0 saved PvP 2.0. More people are now actively participating in the pvp community and a lot of people are enjoying it.

Yeah cause randomly jumping around between walls involves so much skills. This new Parkour involves 0 skill. It's not UT or Quake. This is just luck based spamfest.

Just my recent match. A guy was randomly jumping bewtween floor columns and walls. I managed to hit him, but my dps wasn't enough. And he continued jumping/flying just spamming his weapon. And on. And on. I started jumping too, noone had any frags for about 5 mins or so. SO MUCH FUN AND SKILL! This was full DM match by the way.

Also no dedicated servers provide so much good for the enemy movement not to be twitchy and fuild so you can easily aim.

Atleast Stamina needs to be returned for this.

Like the stamina bar would change anything xD .

It didn't limit the movement in parkour 1.0, why should it in parkour 2.0 xD ? Learn to aim, learn to move fast, that's all I have to say ^^ .

A proper interpretation would.

This isn't the mode right now where skill helps much.

OP, I disagree with what you wrote, Parkour is a part of this game and should be integrated in PVP as well.

The mobility is really nice, the problem is it has no limit.
I agree about an overhauled Stamina should be brough in PVP, following a logic of Windows of Opportunity.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/501868-about-just-gone-stamina-pvp-feedback/?p=5611477

Alternatively to counterplay mobility, there should be Crowd Controls, from players or from the environment, with maybe more obstacles and traps, hard-to-cross paths wich would require a minimal use of attention and control to reach where you need to go.

Anyone can give how many +1 he/she wants to whoever, but if you deny any chance of trying it, well, your opinion has no experience to sustain it, it's just negating any alternative on no basis.
Also don't think the experience with the old Parkour and Stamina is worth in this discussion, because it wasn't balanced enough to be a valid feature and a valid comparison.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

A proper interpretation would.

This isn't the mode right now where skill helps much.

I disagree.

Idk, I just see only the same guys stomping everyone in my conclave games, they don't disappear, if you nerf a weapon or frame or change something as significant as the movement system. Your ability as a player has obviously something to do with it, therefore I disagree: "Skills help" to put it in your words.

Edited by Feyangol