Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering Vs Parkour 2.0 - How Much Speed Did We Really Lose?

Dunkingmachine

No, I am not doing it wrong, not to mention I main melee.....gliding is USELESS with it (and f*cks up blocking while airbone). Now I can't jump up, block the rocket from a Napalm then smash into the ground because all my momentum is lost thanks to gliding. You could do all sorts of crazy things with coptering, the new system is inferior in every way.

Edit: Directional air melee is also lost (you can't hit S#&$), blocking became useless now. Only the run and gun people benefitted from this new system a bit.

Yes you can lose your momentum with aim glide but you can also keep it if you do it right. Hence me saying "you're doing it wrong". If you aim glide after you bullet jump, you keep your momentum. Now if you bullet jump, then perform a double jump, you gain a bunch of momentum which you can keep if you then proceed to aim glide. And how may I ask is blocking useless? You can now block infinitely with no stamina :O

This new system is a little bit more complicated and need to push more button to do the same things "almost" same what we did in the previous one.

My biggest dissapointment in this system is they trashed some movement for this new spiderman like system where you can run without beign tired which moves aways from realism. The air attacks was good things to reach higher levels and used often to move to somewhere instead of using as real attack. The coptering was fun and helped for some combo in meele but now those attacks just droped.

The wall run is completely removed and changed to bunny hopping which is not really ninja like this reminds me some south korean manga adaptations and video games even chinese games where you can run in the air.

I see positives also but my opinion is instead trashing old systems completely try to check how can combine with a new one. They almost all major updates meant they removed an old system then adding new one instead of combining existing systems and make really new additions.

In short: I haven't much problem with the new one but I would like if we can keep the old ones in some form.

Yes let's mention realism in a game set in the far too distant future where you can switch bodies in seconds, fly to completely different ends of the solar system in minutes, breathe the air (which btw there is none) on other planets and moons and even Venus (the hottest planet in the solar system) is COVERED in snow.... Also, show me somebody who is able to fly Hundreds of meters because they swung a stick while they were in midair and I might believe that coptering has anything to do with realism

You're kidding right? Bullet jump looks great, is flexible, and covers a lot of distance if you know how to chain momentum. Coptering was extremely hideous and rigid. We didn't lose speed imo or much at all. I've flew pretty long distances  with the new parkour.

Yeah, because a system where you have to chain multiple jumps to achieve what was possible with one swing eariler totally proves that the new system covers a lot of distance. I am a space warrior not a space ballerine, it looks $&*&*#(%&.

Yeah, because a system where you have to chain multiple jumps to achieve what was possible with one swing eariler totally proves that the new system covers a lot of distance. I am a space warrior not a space ballerine, it looks $&*&*#(%&.

But what if you only needed to go halfway? With the new system, you can just stop halfway. With coptering you go the full way, then come back. 

Wishful thinking, maximum speed may have slowed down but the speed discrepancy between different setups/frames and also players is still huge. Also simplicity of the control? Coptering required less button input than the new system does.

But the discrepancy now is nowhere near as huge as when it also included the difference between Dual Zoren and the Redeemer.... And I am also thinking about the console side of things where coptering is a PAIN to pull off.... Obviously, Parkour 2.0 hasn't made it to us but If I can pull of more correct bullet jumps in a row than I could Copter I will be insanely overjoyed

Yes let's mention realism in a game set in the far too distant future where you can switch bodies in seconds, fly to completely different ends of the solar system in minutes, breathe the air (which btw there is none) on other planets and moons and even Venus (the hottest planet in the solar system) is COVERED in snow.... Also, show me somebody who is able to fly Hundreds of meters because they swung a stick while they were in midair and I might believe that coptering has anything to do with realism

It's okay then try to explain why kubrows needs stabilizers when the sentinels nor need. In video games not need to feed them if we see the fanfiction part but the devs decided to add this feature like in game tamagochi. So why does that need?

Come on.. another topic about coptering ...what do you find so complex and perfect at this...everytime I used to make coptering I was meh...like make profit from a bug.

Parkour 2.0 is more than great , this new movement give to the game another feeling to play.

Parkour 2.0 is a little slower without the Parkour mods. With the Parkour mods, you can move REALLY fast. And with more freedom than with coptering.

I just wish that level of speed was baseline so people wouldn't have such a sour taste in their mouth when first using it.

Come on.. another topic about coptering ...what do you find so complex and perfect at this...everytime I used to make coptering I was meh...like make profit from a bug.

Parkour 2.0 is more than great , this new movement give to the game another feeling to play.

I am not against the new system and removing the coptering but in the old systems were some other movement features what would missing. Not was a perfect system with stamina but this new also not perfect.

Yes you can lose your momentum with aim glide but you can also keep it if you do it right. Hence me saying "you're doing it wrong". If you aim glide after you bullet jump, you keep your momentum. Now if you bullet jump, then perform a double jump, you gain a bunch of momentum which you can keep if you then proceed to aim glide. And how may I ask is blocking useless? You can now block infinitely with no stamina :O

Yeah, you totally don't play melee at all, it shows. Standard blocking only blocks a tiny bit (you still get hp and shield damage). Channelled blocking blocks 100% damage but it eats away your energy so fast it's useless. The whole concept is wrong, melee got screwed yet again. Again, I have to do over 9000 things in the air if I want to achive what I could do with one copter in the old system. I wish DE implented choices but we always get everything forced down our throats.

But the discrepancy now is nowhere near as huge as when it also included the difference between Dual Zoren and the Redeemer.... And I am also thinking about the console side of things where coptering is a PAIN to pull off.... Obviously, Parkour 2.0 hasn't made it to us but If I can pull of more correct bullet jumps in a row than I could Copter I will be insanely overjoyed

Bullet jump is basically a reskinned frontflip. Same Sprint -> Slide -> Action combo you needed to do before (just as with coptering), only you now need to chain a second jump and also aim if you want to glide.

Thanks for putting effort in the video with all the edits.

For me, it's pretty simple. Parkour 2.0 nerfed me extra hard. I was Flying Nun. Always in the lead.

Now, it's like an invisible rubber band harness is holding me back. Instead of doing slide-jumps with well-aimed jump-attacks, now I just mash Crouch-Jump like a retard.

But what if you only needed to go halfway? With the new system, you can just stop halfway. With coptering you go the full way, then come back. 

You didn't master coptering. If you used the right frame you could change your coptering distance. For example, Valkyr was awesome at this, I used a Dragon Nikana, it didn't copter far by default (but it was enough most of the time) but when I boosted it with Warcry I could fly wherever I wanted if needed.

You didn't master coptering. If you used the right frame you could change your coptering distance. For example, Valkyr was awesome at this, I used a Dragon Nikana, it didn't copter far by default (but it was enough most of the time) but when I boosted it with Warcry I could fly wherever I wanted if needed.

But what if, just think about it for a second. What IF I was using a tipedo? With say, chroma. Then what?? 

It's okay then try to explain why kubrows needs stabilizers when the sentinels nor need. In video games not need to feed them if we see the fanfiction part but the devs decided to add this feature like in game tamagochi. So why does that need?

Excuse me, but in order to make sure I'm answering correctly, I have to translate your broken English.... Are you asking me to explain why Kubrows (which btw in of themselves defy realism... Mammals that lay eggs which you then have to clone even though you have a perfectly fine egg and then have to give more upkeep to the clone than the Wild Kubrows give to their children) need DNA stabilizers (which is an easy answer... Clones have very unstable dna) whereas sentinels (flying robots with no DNA) do not need DNA stabilizers?....

I also have even less of an idea what that second sentence means.... but I'll give it a shot... A) you're not feeding them... You're injecting them with drugs.... B) what does fanfiction even have to do with this? I'm confused.... C) Tamagochi? Where in Tamagochi are you injecting a drug into unstable creature???......

And are you suggesting that this in some way adds realism? Like I said, Kubrows themselves are so far removed from Realism that this argument doesn't even matter.

Thanks for putting effort in the video with all the edits.

For me, it's pretty simple. Parkour 2.0 nerfed me extra hard. I was Flying Nun. Always in the lead.

Now, it's like an invisible rubber band harness is holding me back. Instead of doing slide-jumps with well-aimed jump-attacks, now I just mash Crouch-Jump like a retard.

Try crouch jumping then double jumping then aim gliding. Does wonders.

*EDIT*

like shown in this thread

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/500429-flight-of-the-valkyr-the-full-extent-of-parkour-20/

Edited by profoak0117

I like to play the game, not to collect stuff. You obviously are one of those who wants everything fast, enjoy draco runs and get to MR20 at only 300 game hours, and in the end complain because "there isn't enough content" But you ruin it for yourself.

Coptering required less button input than the new system does.

How?

Coptering was shift + c + e. Bullet jump is shift + c + space, same as slide jump.

It can be done without sprinting, too, so it's often just 2 keys.

The key mapping is basically the same except for an extra input to do double jumps and wall hops and latching.

No, I am not doing it wrong, not to mention I main melee.....gliding is USELESS with it (and f*cks up blocking while airbone). Now I can't jump up, block the rocket from a Napalm then smash into the ground because all my momentum is lost thanks to gliding. You could do all sorts of crazy things with coptering, the new system is inferior in every way.

Edit: Directional air melee is also lost (you can't hit S#&$), blocking became useless now. Only the run and gun people benefitted from this new system a bit.

You're definitely doing it wrong. I have none of the issues you're talkiing about and i main melee too. 

Yeah, it's more skill based and not weapon speed momentum bug reliant. You know full well how incredibly stupid it looks to swing your weapon once and fly 50 meters. All weapons obvious need rockets built into them. You simply need to stop having a tantrum and get good. Learn to be an actual space warrior ninja and not a space rocket.

Bullet jump is basically a reskinned frontflip. Same Sprint -> Slide -> Action combo you needed to do before (just as with coptering), only you now need to chain a second jump and also aim if you want to glide.

But see, front flip is easier than copter.... I've actually taken to front flipping most places because it's easier to pull off and control.... I've had people make fun of me in Defense missions because front flipping is less effective than coptering but I find it much more reliable

I like to play the game, not to collect stuff. You obviously are one of those who wants everything fast, enjoy draco runs and get to MR20 at only 300 game hours, and in the end complain because "there isn't enough content" But you ruin it for yourself.

Nice try, I got mr 19 just a few days ago after over 1k hours into the game, playing for over 2 years. I still don't have a Rhino or Soma Prime. Am I now allowed to care about the loss of speed?

You're definitely doing it wrong. I have none of the issues you're talkiing about and i main melee too. 

Yeah, it's more skill based and not weapon speed momentum bug reliant. You know full well how incredibly stupid it looks to swing your weapon once and fly 50 meters. All weapons obvious need rockets built into them. You simply need to stop having a tantrum and get good. Learn to be an actual space warrior ninja and not a space rocket.

Well, like, sorry to have a different opinion man. I go kill myself now.

Edit: Coptering well needed more skill that this current system.

Edited by Momo93