Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering Vs Parkour 2.0 - How Much Speed Did We Really Lose?

Dunkingmachine

Or just use your brain & wait til you've crossed the door's threshold to use the DJ. 

Using dj this late means the bullet jump momentum is long gone, you gain nothing but more unwanted time airborne. Better just land and use another bullet jump. It remains highly impractical.

1.have you played any tileset with corridors? that will answer your curiosity.

2. not crying just voicing my oppinion which means just as much as yours = nothing!

3. I dont need to get better at something I just dont like << would you? and as for the weather  balloon analogy, it's the whole floaty feeling you get from maneuvering through the maps using this new mechanics.

I'm not that salty to be hateful, I just truly dislike it.

1. Then don't use those parkour moves since it's changed and just run through low ceiling corridors. It's so simple that you don't need to use it, why do you even feel the need when it's clear that you will hit the ceiling in an area? And the game offers so many other tilesets. I don't see much problem with it.

2. Just my experience on the forums. I've seen you for quite long complaining about the parkour 2.0 and you're wasting your time. It just goes to show how much you don't like it, I can distinguish what's crying or just simply voicing an opinion. If you really ask me, "It's horrible! Bring back what I loved!" constantly equals crying.

3. Fair enough if you don't like it. Balloon analogy to me is pretty much something exaggerated for people who hate it to describe it. It's not floaty if you know how the new moves work. I guess on the opinion I can't argue more since if you truly get a feel like that out of it, no words from me will make a difference. Too bad for ya, your experience is pretty terrible when mine is very solid.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

They did buff rolling a lot.  I actually have roll on a separate key now because its good enough to be worth it.  

On rooms with low ceilings its just roll on floor, jump, air roll, repeat.

On rooms with higher ceilings its roll on floor, jump, air roll, double jump repeat.

On slower frames the first option is better most of the time because rolls are so fast and far now.

On high sprint speed frames the second options is about equal to the standard copter on Dual Ichor.

On Zephyr its in Tipedo berserker range.

Rolling is better than Bullet Jump for horizontal speed in my experience.  Rolling also gives you DR during it, so you can actually negate things like DOT from fire and toxin with well timed rolls.

Except coptering was the same amount of key presses run+crouch+melee.

He didn't say 3x more buttons, he said 3x more button mashing, which I would agree with. The minimum, easy combo takes the same number of buttons, but must be used much more often. If you add air rolling in to hit the fastest speeds it gets even more absurd. Lots of button presses to try and make this new system go FORWARD fast. Plenty easy to float around the ceiling all you want though. 

I think the new movement system is great! I have never felt like I had so many options in one engagement before. I can truly engage how and when I want to. Also coptering never appealed to me.

I have also seen people poking fun or just hating on the animations for the new movement and I just have to say one thing about copter being removed and the animations for the new system. The game is a work in progress and the developers have a right to remove bugs/ exploits if they feel its right to do so.

I don't care. Parkour 2.0 is bloody great. Now we are flexible in how we move, instead of trying to race through things as fast as possible, trying to keep up with the rest.

Wall run seems stupid though... looks more like a jumping on the wal than an actual wallrun.

They did buff rolling a lot.  I actually have roll on a separate key now because its good enough to be worth it.  

On rooms with low ceilings its just roll on floor, jump, air roll, repeat.

On rooms with higher ceilings its roll on floor, jump, air roll, double jump repeat.

On slower frames the first option is better most of the time because rolls are so fast and far now.

On high sprint speed frames the second options is about equal to the standard copter on Dual Ichor.

On Zephyr its in Tipedo berserker range.

Rolling is better than Bullet Jump for horizontal speed in my experience.  Rolling also gives you DR during it, so you can actually negate things like DOT from fire and toxin with well timed rolls.

Pretty much this for horizontal movement.

Dodge on separate key: Run + Crouch + Dodge / Run + Jump + Crouch + Dodge

Perfect horizontal Bulletjump: Run + Jump + hold Crouch + Jump again(Bulletjump), it´s even better when you have a elemental dash mod equipped so you can knock down (flying kick) + elemental attack...

But in essence if you have problems with going to far with bulletjump + DJ just get use to dodge to follow it.

Edited by VoidNomade

Coptering needed to be removed. Period. Dont like it, stop playing, simple as that. You're a ninja, not superman.

The vast majority of the complaints have only mentioned coptering to reference how much slower Parkour 2.0 is, not asking for it back. Instead, we've been saying that we want the new system sped up for linear movement, since that's the movement that actually matters the way the game is actually played. It's only the weird responses like yours that get so rabid and weird about coptering. Also, have you even seen the way we move now? Parkour 2.0 made us all look like wanna be superman.

The vast majority of the complaints have only mentioned coptering to reference how much slower Parkour 2.0 is, not asking for it back. Instead, we've been saying that we want the new system sped up for linear movement, since that's the movement that actually matters the way the game is actually played. It's only the weird responses like yours that get so rabid and weird about coptering. Also, have you even seen the way we move now? Parkour 2.0 made us all look like wanna be superman.

The thing is that there was a lot of rage begging for the return of coptering.  It was mostly toward the beginning of this thread, and it's started to slow down.

I do disagree with the observation that this is the way the game is actually played, though, or the implication that it's the superior means to do so.  Sweeping generalizations on either side are rather painful, to be honest.  Personally, the more middle of Parkour 2.0 works for me - syndicate missions means I'm slowing - less so, now - on the run for the tokens.  It's distinctly useful for Spy missions and getting around Rescue guards.  It even has some strong usage in Capture to encircle and drop the target, or targets in Exterminate.  All of this being the case, there are many who have leanings toward this preference.However, I can see the flip side, too.   Tuning the speed would be nice, specifically directional melee.

This being the case, as the system is explored more, there appears to be options to speed that linearity which have just started to be explored.  I'm still strongly of mind that we need to be patient on that aspect.  I still don't see the perceived reduction of speed, myself, as a result of more control which allows better control.  As it is, time will tell if it ends up within reason, not just throwing up hands in frustration.  I stand by the thought that it's less button smashing, and more timing control to optimize speed out put.  What the timing is? I don't know, but there must be a sweet spot.

Though we've been going back and forth on this awhile, and it looks more like a battle of opinions as opposed to any strong evidence of superiority. Out of curiosity, have you posted your position in the Feedback forum at all? 

That said, I don't believe that Parkour 2.0 'made us all look like wanna be superman[sic]' either, any more or less than coptering did.

I have seen the new system and i like it. Theres nothing rabid or weird about what i said since Coptering is gone and people constantly bring it up. Plus its staying gone so why even compare in the first place. It was an exploit that everyone abused.

I already stopped using parkour a week ago,  and the more public sessions I play the less players are so called parkouring.

those who are trying their best to be efficient with it are masteries 1-14 most masteries above that level hardly uses it.

a simple jump has now become a two step process, either you bullet jump or double jump it's still a two step process either way.

should you be in a public mission and I am in the squad, do your utter best and don't falter, ill be taking the long route  to get to ya so you'll most likely be dead by the time I reach halfway.

Using dj this late means the bullet jump momentum is long gone, you gain nothing but more unwanted time airborne. Better just land and use another bullet jump. It remains highly impractical.

Not even close to true.

-snip-

Literally, the only thing floaty about Parkour 2.0 is Air Glide...because well....you float. 

No, I am not doing it wrong, not to mention I main melee.....gliding is USELESS with it (and f*cks up blocking while airbone). Now I can't jump up, block the rocket from a Napalm then smash into the ground because all my momentum is lost thanks to gliding. You could do all sorts of crazy things with coptering, the new system is inferior in every way.

Edit: Directional air melee is also lost (you can't hit S#&$), blocking became useless now. Only the run and gun people benefitted from this new system a bit.

I have to agree. Not to mention alt fire on middle mouse wheel wtf who thought that was a good idea? If I didn't know better I would say these are console changes screwing up a pc game. I hate consoles!

I have to agree. Not to mention alt fire on middle mouse wheel wtf who thought that was a good idea? If I didn't know better I would say these are console changes screwing up a pc game. I hate consoles!

So it doesn't occur to you that you should change your key binding? Default key binding in this game is just bad. I've changed it once to my convenient keys and never had a problem. Getting that alt fire allows me to aim so much better on quanta. You hate consoles because it's inconvenient for you and also because you never thought of you changing the key binding? This is petty beyond words. Alt fire change is one of the greatest changes.

How does key binding ever be a problem for you when it's completely and totally customizable?

Simple but relevant proverb of the day:

If your brain doesn't do its job, your body suffers.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

I already stopped using parkour a week ago,  and the more public sessions I play the less players are so called parkouring.

those who are trying their best to be efficient with it are masteries 1-14 most masteries above that level hardly uses it.

a simple jump has now become a two step process, either you bullet jump or double jump it's still a two step process either way.

should you be in a public mission and I am in the squad, do your utter best and don't falter, ill be taking the long route  to get to ya so you'll most likely be dead by the time I reach halfway.

Ha, what a bunch of fairy tales you're spinning. The more to play the less that players are parkouring? What a bunch of crock. Anyway, if you were ever in my squad and you faltered, I'll do my best to take the long route too. Even though I'm pretty good at the parkouring now. I wouldn't want to dispute your claim that no one is parkouring anymore, now do I?

I have seen the new system and i like it. Theres nothing rabid or weird about what i said since Coptering is gone and people constantly bring it up. Plus its staying gone so why even compare in the first place. It was an exploit that everyone abused.

It was a feature, and you obviously have no idea what exploit means. People bring up coptering because it was faster than the new system in the ways that matter most. Your liking is noted, but your insistence on attacking coptering with false statements definitely qualifies as weird and, dare I say, rabid. If you want to get in to an argument about coptering, go find someone who's actually talking about it, because what we have here is a thread about the fact that parkour 2.0 is too damn slow, too awkward, and requires too many key presses to try and maintain speed.

It was a feature, and you obviously have no idea what exploit means. People bring up coptering because it was faster than the new system in the ways that matter most. Your liking is noted, but your insistence on attacking coptering with false statements definitely qualifies as weird and, dare I say, rabid. If you want to get in to an argument about coptering, go find someone who's actually talking about it, because what we have here is a thread about the fact that parkour 2.0 is too damn slow, too awkward, and requires too many key presses to try and maintain speed.

Let's not pretend that you're complaining about Parkour 2.0 in a vacuum with absolutely no reference to coptering at all. I can guarantee you that anyone who has never experienced coptering wouldn't be complaining about Parkour 2.0 being slow. Let's not bullsheet here.

So it doesn't occur to you that you should change your key binding? Default key binding in this game is just bad. I've changed it once to my convenient keys and never had a problem. Getting that alt fire allows me to aim so much better on quanta. You hate consoles because it's inconvenient for you and also because you never thought of you changing the key binding? This is petty beyond words. Alt fire change is one of the greatest changes.

How does key binding ever be a problem for you when it's completely and totally customizable?

Simple but relevant proverb of the day:

If your brain doesn't do its job, your body suffers.

Why did you assume I didn't instantly remap the key? Doesn't change the fact I think middle mouse as a default bind is super silly.

Why did you assume I didn't instantly remap the key? Doesn't change the fact I think middle mouse as a default bind is super silly.

I assume it's because you screamed about console changes screwing up a PC game. If you were able to rebind the damn key then I don't know why you overreacted that much to make that claim.

It was a feature, and you obviously have no idea what exploit means. 

1.) It was definitely not a "feature." Slide melee is a feature. Coptering was not & was never referred to as such by those that matter (those people being the developers).

2.) Taken from the wiki: In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers. It was an exploit. That's why it was removed.