Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering Vs Parkour 2.0 - How Much Speed Did We Really Lose?

Dunkingmachine

Gliding is useless? That's weird, I'm still getting good kills with my slide attacks.

Sorry, I totally worded that wrong. AIR gliding is useless with melee. Maybe except with the gunblade I guess. Slide attacks are the same  so no change there except the camera fov change when attacking or reaching a specific speed (which annoys the hell out of me personally).

Edit: I mean, what's the point of it, just being in the air lol, good luck swinging there XD. Gunning is a different story tho.

Edited by Momo93

Just because the available moves seem easier to control doesn't mean there is more control.

The current version is by far less free less fluid and less fun.

It's always the same scrubs hating so hard on coptering but I guarantee you their either unskilled or lack creativity with the old system and the only reason anyone likes this more is because they feel less like a scrub now that everyone has a hard time getting about.

They could have simply added double jump wall cling and removed stamina.

I'm honestly disappointed with it. The pacing and creative control over where I am and when are simply terrible.

I don't mind slide jump are fling yous being changed to bullet jump but the overall feel of jumping and flying about like a badass is gone.

Pretending to like it you're lying to yourselves. It is a step backwards. Basically the main thing that separated the game from other shooters is gone. Now, it feels like a shifty console game.

Sorry Steve but you blew it.

-those videos

Maximum told.

Also, as a side-note, I do believe directional melee's loss is an unintentional one. They had to redo the mobility code, and directional melee was probably a part of that. It's likely that they either broke, or accidentally removed, the code necessary for aiming your melee weapon around.

I just hope someone brings this to DE's attention sooner rather than later as a bug report rather than as a complaint about features.

Also, as a side-note, I do believe directional melee's loss is an unintentional one. They had to redo the mobility code, and directional melee was probably a part of that. It's likely that they either broke, or accidentally removed, the code necessary for aiming your melee weapon around.

I just hope someone brings this to DE's attention sooner rather than later as a bug report rather than as a complaint about features.

Directional melee still works, I chain it with my glides and bullet jumps all the time :o Edited by Echoa

No they remade parkour cause of the melee glich saying it was limiting players.

Great you're enjoying it. Well you're still grinding the same missions, so you'll still try to race through things as fast possible, only that "as fast as possible" is now significantly slower. As the time required to grind the same missions has increased, so has the grind.

coptering had issues like shooting you out of map

I feel faster with the new,since i can TURN ,go farther,and not do a boring repeat

For the record - I loved coptering. I was creative with it, and part of that creativeness is part of why I picked Parkour 2.0 up so quickly. And I can tell you, Parkour 1.0 took skill to control, but it was janky as F***, and I never, ever. Defended it on that point. I knew it and I liked it.

But it got boring, rubberbanding across entire spaces and using directional melee to skip out on the environment.

Anyway. Those videos come from someone relatively skilled in the old parkour system, that kind of skill takes weeks to cultivate to its fullest. Something that players of Parkour 2.0 haven't gotten the chance to do yet. And the idea that Parkour 1.0 was the thing separating Warframe from "other shooters" is drool-inducingly stupid. I have never seen a game, let alone a shooter or an MMO, handle this kind of movement flow.

Metroidvania clones have a hard time dealing with that kind of repertoire as it is. Please. Just go.

Those were my videos. And most games only allow you to go certain places and have very restricted movement mechanics that require you to crouch after jumping to get on boxes. They cause you to trod the beaten path. And the only thing hanky about 1.0 would be the operators control and understanding of it.

The videos show how I play. If they would increase distance and speed of the current system to be as responsive then I would be fine with the changes but as it is 2.0 is by far less fluid and less free.

Just to weigh in here

I never found coptering to be interesting or particularly skill intensive. I used it occasionally to clear a bit of distance when jumping a gap or something along those lines but it wasnt my defacto movement glitch. It was ugly, unreliable, and really shouldve been nuked a long time ago. PK 2.0 while perhaps doesnt allow you to fling yourself so hard you get trapped on a wall, does allow for finer tuned control, and with proper use the chaining of combos to clear large distances quickly. It also doesnt limit you to certain frames or weapons. Investing time into PK 2.0 I can say I most certainly clear distances, traverse tiles, and in general just move better with more consistency, control ,and the overall avg speed is better considering i dont get trapped on sections of the tile because my moment is so high i clip into the wall.

No really. Cry about it. Keep crying. Because guess what? Coptering isn't coming back.

Learn to adapt or leave. It's your choice.

We don't care that you praise the new system like a god either. If coptering ever comes back in any form it will be sweet drinking your salty tears, haters.

The videos show how I play. If they would increase distance and speed of the current system to be as responsive then I would be fine with the changes but as it is 2.0 is by far less fluid and less free.

seriously? how was coptering fluid in any way? It looked absolutely ridiculous and would get you stuck in sections of a tile at times. There was nothing "fluid" about it, PK 1.0 was far more limited and coptering was obviously a glitch.

We don't care that you praise the new system like a god either. If coptering ever comes back in any form it will be sweet drinking your salty tears, haters.

Did I praise the system? No. However I will say I like it far more than glitching all over the place. The fact that you immediately tried to label me as someone who "praises the system like a god" shows how truly salty YOU are.

At most, and I mean at the EXTREME most, they might tweak directional melee a bit more and give slide attack slightly more distance. But the glitch that was coptering as you know it? It's Gone. Now continue crying about it.

Edited by Cidolfus

Did I praise the system? No. However I will say I like it far more than glitching all over the place. The fact that you immediately tried to label me as someone who "praises the system like a god" shows how truly salty YOU are.

At most, and I mean at the EXTREME most, they might tweak directional melee a bit more and give slide attack slightly more distance. But the glitch that was coptering as you know it? It's Gone. Now continue crying about it.

You didn't even bother reading the thread, I already admitted that I am salty in an earlier post. It will be back as an optional  thing (because...community..). Now continue lecturing me about it. The S#&$storm DE caused with this won't settle anytime soon.

Edited by Momo93

Gliding is useless? That's weird, I'm still getting good kills with my slide attacks.

Sorry, I totally worded that wrong. AIR gliding is useless with melee. Maybe except with the gunblade I guess. Slide attacks are the same  so no change there except the camera fov change when attacking or reaching a specific speed (which annoys the hell out of me personally).

Edit: I mean, what's the point of it, just being in the air lol, good luck swinging there XD. Gunning is a different story tho.

Didn't they demonstrate blocking with melee while gliding, and how it looked like a badass way to have extra bulletproofing in the air before landing on something like a ton of very sharp bricks (or just like a straight up ton of bricks with a Jat Kittag)? Have you tested that and found it to not work whatsoever? Because it should.

Also, directional melee is perfectly fine. It's actually easier to hit things now that half the melee weapons don't fling you twenty meters past the target if you miss by so much as a millimeter.

As for the general complaint about gliding killing momentum... what, really? I've had absurdly fast glides just from bulletjumping forward into them, and air sliding is a great way to build velocity after rocket jumping straight up for airtime, and after a bit of unlearning Jump+E/Jump+Slide+E, a lot less bonking into walls, sticking there for a few seconds, and falling into a pit.

Yeah new parkour really makes me unhappy since i'm already slow as a saryn now i have no way to keep up with running loki's or other fast frames.

Actually, as far as I've experienced, Parkour 2.0 is actually good for catching up to faster frames, because while your sprint speed is fixed, your jumping/sliding/gliding momentum is mostly independent of that stat. So a Loki might be able to run faster, but if you set up your glide the right way you can catch up to them in the air. It may just be a matter of transitioning to the new controls - honestly, I was awful at it to begin with, and still can't get the hang of some things, but it gets better.

As for the OP... honestly, I never liked speedrunning in this game, so it feels as though the game lost... just enough speed to prevent people from treating it like a literal Sonic game and that doesn't strike me as a problem per se. But I will say that some of the specific distance and velocity values could use tweaking. Bullet jump is on the slow side and doesn't seem to properly scale with forward momentum (especially troublesome when a max Rush Loki can outrun it), and doesn't cover as much ground as one might expect; rocket jump's activation angle is a bit too unforgiving, especially when moving (being 'directly down and not a degree higher'); double jump doesn't have enough height; aimglide is a little too restrictive in terms of horizontal movement; wall hopping still tends to throw you off a rough surface due to lack of points of contact. Some of the slide/roll bits seem to outperform bullet jumping, which is strange and shouldn't be the case. Wall cling and the like really should last much longer.

You didn't even bother reading the thread, I already admitted that I am salty in an earlier post. It will be back as an optional  thing (because...community..). Now continue lecturing me about it. The S#&$storm DE caused with this won't settle anytime soon.

so your logic is if you scream and cry enough DE will bring it back?

what is this community becoming? -_-

It was always like this. If they suddenly reverted to 1.0 you'd cry too.

no id just deal with it, i wouldnt be happy but if they had a valid reason to Id understand. The way you said that almost implies you saying "omg, they just swooped in out of nowhere and threw parkour 2.0 at us" when Pk 2.0 has been in the works for months at the least and ages ago they said coptering wouldnt likely be forever, nothing in warframe is set in stone. The logic of "if i yell at them enough theyll do what i want" is childish and toxic to say the least. It wasnt "always like this", there was always complaining but these days people just straight kick and scream like infants hoping DE will get fed up with it and do what they want because DE has done it before which they shouldnt have (not every time though, auras for example ended up a good change) and now some people think theyll do it every time.

Edited by Echoa

no id just deal with it, i wouldnt be happy but if they had a valid reason to Id understand. The way you said that almost implies you saying "omg, they just swooped in out of nowhere and threw parkour 2.0 at us" when Pk 2.0 has been in the works for months at the least and ages ago they said coptering wouldnt likely be forever, nothing in warframe is set in stone. The logic of "if i yell at them enough theyll do what i want" is childish and toxic to say the least.

I knew they were working on it for months. Lots of people were againts removing coptering, they still removed it. It's a fault on their end for not listening and now have to deal with the aftermarth. A hole they digged for themselves so I don't really care. For gods sake, they could have implemented a damned switch in the options.. The cries would have been childish if the new system came out of nowhere but no, several people asked them to keep coptering from the point of announcement for months... The cries are completely justified.

Edited by Momo93

I knew they were working on it for months. Lots of people were againts removing coptering, they still removed it. It's a fault on their end for not listening and now have to deal with the aftermarth. A hole they digged for themselves so I don't really care. For gods sake, they could have implemented a damned switch in the options.. The cries would have been childish if the new system came out of nowhere but no, several people asked them to keep coptering from the point of announcement for months...

and the answer was obviously no, it was a glitch/game breaking. It shouldve been nuked over a year ago, but it just wasnt a priority so people got to use it till PK 2.0 came along.

and the answer was obviously no, it was a glitch/game breaking. It shouldve been nuked over a year ago, but it just wasnt a priority so people got to use it till PK 2.0 came along.

It's still their fault that people came to love it because they were lazy nuking it instantly...