Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entropy Burst Worth Using?

Paradoxbomb

Question

So in honor of the Supra's recent buff I decided to rebuild it and give it a second go. And seeing as I had some Cephalon Suda points to spare I figured I would give Entropy Burst a try as well since 25% base status chance made it sound like the Supra could be turned into a status monster on top of the improved stats. However, I didn't realize that the bonus 20% status isn't calculated into the equation by status mods, so even if I were to use all four status-elemental mods the total status chance would only be about 37%, which seems pretty 'meh' even for a bullet hose. There's also the explosion, but it deals Magnetic damage and isn't all that useful at higher levels.

So am I underestimating the value of that 20% base status chance + Magnetic explosion, or is using Entropy Burst on the Supra actually not worth the slot?

8 answers to this question

It's okay at most... better than 2.5% status at least : /

I did some calculations a while back and if the augment actually stacked properly you could get somewhere around 80% status (with all four status/element mods).

Edited by rapt0rman

Which is really sad, an augment where you barely notice its main effect means it's failed in it's intended purpose.

Yeah lol wait until 17.5 then it should be changed.

Which is really sad, an augment where you barely notice its main effect means it's failed in it's intended purpose.

Yeah lol wait until 17.5 then it should be changed.

Well, not entirely. You still mod around it, just not hardcore with all of the dual stat status/ele mods. To me it's a weapon that fits some frames better and others worse. If you're going to use it you have to consider if you need/can use the extra energy. You'll also have to think about other players and your playstyle. Do you usually do most of the damage? Do you stick around others or go mostly solo?

If in a team and ie. a def or survival mission the explosion starts being more beneficial - the extra exp from allies will make it explode rather often and if you're in the proximity of enemies it will start adding some "dps".

The gun itself is also quite special as it has a VERY LONG reload, and you will need to adapt to it. Will you use faster reload or does your frame have a good skillset that can handle it?

Which other weapons do you have? That'll matter too. Long range isn't the supras thing so that is another issue.

The mod however is ok. But then you can always go with the other two entropy mods for the same special. Kestrel is argueably the best ranged melee weapon out there, and if you need a secondary there are 3 options:

Telos akbolto - mhe weapon that does the trick.

Synoid Gamacor - eats ammo but decent.

Bolto - has 5 less damage than akbolto and some lower crit/status, but does get explosive bolts (currently trying it out).

All in all, Supra and its' augment is ok, you can mod it for viral procs and chop away at enemies, but it has a wide spread, traveltime and a long &#! reload.