Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Was Wall Hopping Supposed To Fix When It Stucks In Any Small Ledge

-InV-igo95862

Previous system had no problems in those situations.

That's a lie. Old system got stuck just as much.

The difference is here you can bullet jump to get out of this situation.

Edited by Shifted

For the small ledge, stop wall running and jump... -.-

For the 2nd, the old system never let you stay on the wall so you could jump AROUND the pillar, you just hit it and fell.

Hitting and falling is better than running the sideways treadmill.

OP is a bit tongue-in-cheek sure but I've been wondering the same thing. The new wall-hop doesn't actually handle surfaces any better than the old wall-run. Only difference now is it's easier to transition between surfaces.

Edited by JCBeastie

I've been thoroughly practicing and testing out the new parkour since it came out, and I mean thoroughly, pretty much 90% of my last few days has been nothing but parkour, so to comment on the problems you're having...

First situation, that's what double jump was created for, literally so you could get up those small ledges that used to require the automatic ledge-grab. You could also single jump and ledge-grab, or walljump upwards instead of forwards into the wall. Any of the above would get you out.

Second situation, aim properly and use your directional keys to push off the wall slightly. The new parkour system actually uses your camera angle and directional inputs to affect your walljump, unlike the old system that stuck to the wall like glue. I've even personally tried all those bumps in the wall in the void, and you can get around them just fine.

From the image all I can see is that you've pointed your camera into a corner and you're trying to go forward... Into a corner. Interestingly enough if you tell your warframe to walljump into a corner, it does exactly that. Maybe if you tried slowing down the pace, or facing away from the wall slightly, so your warframe could get some distance from the wall before telling it to jump into a corner it might help.

Sure the system could use some automation, but as it stands the mechanics are there you just need to get used to them and actually use them, it's not the same system so if you think doing the exact same things as the old system will work you'll run into a lot more problems than jumping into a corner constantly.

I've been thoroughly practicing and testing out the new parkour since it came out, and I mean thoroughly, pretty much 90% of my last few days has been nothing but parkour, so to comment on the problems you're having...

First situation, that's what double jump was created for, literally so you could get up those small ledges that used to require the automatic ledge-grab. You could also single jump and ledge-grab, or walljump upwards instead of forwards into the wall. Any of the above would get you out.

Second situation, aim properly and use your directional keys to push off the wall slightly. The new parkour system actually uses your camera angle and directional inputs to affect your walljump, unlike the old system that stuck to the wall like glue. I've even personally tried all those bumps in the wall in the void, and you can get around them just fine.

From the image all I can see is that you've pointed your camera into a corner and you're trying to go forward... Into a corner. Interestingly enough if you tell your warframe to walljump into a corner, it does exactly that. Maybe if you tried slowing down the pace, or facing away from the wall slightly, so your warframe could get some distance from the wall before telling it to jump into a corner it might help.

Sure the system could use some automation, but as it stands the mechanics are there you just need to get used to them and actually use them, it's not the same system so if you think doing the exact same things as the old system will work you'll run into a lot more problems than jumping into a corner constantly.

^ Basically this.