Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Imprinting Question

WingedCrusade

Question

Do specific Imprint slots affect certain traits? I have a Sahasa I bred with a Lotus pattern, and a Chesa imprint just given to me. Is it possible a specific slot handles certain parts to the Kubrow, example, Slot One handles Kubrow Type (Chesa, Huras, Sahasa, etc..), and Slot two handle cosmetic traits?

I've heard this somewhere before, but would prefer not to lose the Chesa template to test it.

10 answers to this question

I had 2 prints of bulky Kubrow and 2 prints of a Lotus pattern and wanted to find out whether placing them in slots has any effect.

First try, I put Lotus in slot one and Bulky in slot two. Result: Random Ugly Kubrow

Second try, I placed Bulky into slot one and Lotus into slot two. Result: A different, but still Random Ugly Kubrow.

AFAIK two Chesa imprints gives 80% of getting a Chesa.

I believe long ago that's been patched out to be a 100% of receiving a specific Kubrow breed if both imprints are the same breed.

Recessive Genes aren't used from imprints anymore.

Edited by WingedCrusade

I had 2 prints of bulky Kubrow and 2 prints of a Lotus pattern and wanted to find out whether placing them in slots has any effect.

First try, I put Lotus in slot one and Bulky in slot two. Result: Random Ugly Kubrow

Second try, I placed Bulky into slot one and Lotus into slot two. Result: A different, but still Random Ugly Kubrow.

So it's completely randomized between the two like I thought, then? Noted. Thanks.

So it's completely randomized between the two like I thought, then? Noted. Thanks.

Indeed, it's random.

The reason I tested it, is because someone on the Warframe Wikia claimed that you could decide which traits you'd want your breed to inherit by placing the prints in the correct slots.

Something like slot one decides the build, type and slot two is for pattern, gender, etc...

But that wasn't the case when I gave it a shot.

Indeed, it's random.

The reason I tested it, is because someone on the Warframe Wikia claimed that you could decide which traits you'd want your breed to inherit by placing the prints in the correct slots.

Something like slot one decides the build, type and slot two is for pattern, gender, etc...

But that wasn't the case when I gave it a shot.

Couple of things i'm wondering about your post is what breeds were the templates and did the resulting pups retain the lotus mark you just state general build type and them being ugly if i'm not mistaken giving me the impression you didn't get what you wanted so you concluded it was a failure which may or may not be true from the information you give . I say this cause from what i've seen certain breeds will usually overide others cause its a dominant gene type so we would need to know what breeds you were working with and what the results were more then they were just ugly .

Couple of things i'm wondering about your post is what breeds were the templates and did the resulting pups retain the lotus mark you just state general build type and them being ugly if i'm not mistaken giving me the impression you didn't get what you wanted so you concluded it was a failure which may or may not be true from the information you give . I say this cause from what i've seen certain breeds will usually overide others cause its a dominant gene type so we would need to know what breeds you were working with and what the results were more then they were just ugly .

Both incubations resulted in a non-bulky and non-Lotus Kubrows. So I didn't get any Lotus patterns.

I don't remember all their traits because I was only focussing on whether or not the order of slots has any influence on the breed. So the only thing I can asure you is that no matter in which slot you place the imprints, it won't have any effect on the result.