The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Little Rework Pls!

Dragisnaj

Hello,

after patch 17 the shotguns had been buffed very nicely, so know i can run arround with my tigris and have also a nice damage.

But after The Patch you dont need the Double shot at each shot it would be nice to switch the primary and secondary fire mode.

ATM: Primary Firemode: Doubleshot Secondary: 1 shot

would be nice if it were reversed ;-) to Primary Firemode: 1 shot Secondary: Doubleshot

Thanks

I don't see much of a problem with it, i just reload before firing the second shot if it is not immediately needed. Even if the reload is canceled via roll, falling or whatever you will still have that bullet ready in the chamber.

Sincerely there isn't a secondary fire mode. Duplex is 2 in 1.

Also it's extremely comfortable as it is now, so I don't see any need for changes.

yes there is one ;-) try to shot with the secondary fire mode, you will see you shot only 1 bullet from your magazine ;-)

It never had such a feature, I've been using Tigris long before its buff.

Also I repeat, the Duplex Trigger is enough to control functions of the gun.

They added the feature with U17. so tho it didn't have a secondary ability before now it does. not that i use the secondary fire. i prefer to blow a massive hole in what ever crosses my path with both barrels smoking.

No need for change. There are people who enjoy this quite old and established gun. To them its mechanics are something familiar and loved. And mastering this gun gives them sense of acomplishment. To change it to benefit less skilled players who looked at Tigris only because it's top tier now, would be nerfing fun for weapon's old users. Just like Kohm is nowhere near as fun as it was.

Edited by Prany

Hello,

after patch 17 the shotguns had been buffed very nicely, so know i can run arround with my tigris and have also a nice damage.

But after The Patch you dont need the Double shot at each shot it would be nice to switch the primary and secondary fire mode.

ATM: Primary Firemode: Doubleshot Secondary: 1 shot

would be nice if it were reversed ;-) to Primary Firemode: 1 shot Secondary: Doubleshot

Thanks

or you could just tap the trigger quickly and it happens anyway. the only thing the gun needs is a faster reload and remember that olr trick with the original vectis where you reload faster when you manual reload after emptying the mag? works for all weapons technically, but vectis, tigris and tonkor the the most out of it.

No need for change. There are people who enjoy this quite old and established gun. To them its mechanics are something familiar and loved. And mastering this gun gives them sense of acomplishment. To change it to benefit less skilled players who looked at Tigris only because it's top tier now, would be nerfing fun for weapon's old users. Just like Kohm is nowhere near as fun as it was.

HUH?! It's just switching the key bindings.

I agree the OP. it's a pain in the &#! to rebind the keys JUST for the tigris.

I agree the OP. it's a pain in the ! to rebind the keys JUST for the tigris.

The same can be said for people, who want to primarly use, well, primary fire. Isn't it unfair against those who love Tigris for its mechanics and not just because it's giant damage stick? So I dissagree with the OP, it would be pain in the ! to rebind the keys JUST for Tigris.

Edited by Prany

The same can be said for people, who want to primarly use, well, primary fire. Isn't it unfair against those who love Tigris for its mechanics and not just because it's giant damage stick? So I dissagree with the OP, it would be pain in the ! to rebind the keys JUST for Tigris.

Every other gun has the higher damage ability on the alt-fire.

Not quite. Harpak's harpoon does the same damage as a full burst, to my knowledge. Kulstar simply detonates the projectile midflight, like a Glaive channel. Tigris is also the only weapon I can think of that had alt fire added to aiming and not the other way around; the new mode is the secondary mode, because it was not part of the original design.

Personally? I love the duplex trigger. I love being able to double tap in the tiniest fraction of a second, more effectively than our sadly broken burst weapons - or to be able to hold back the second shot, spin in place a little, and blow another line of enemies to bits. Tigris is fine. Get a better alt-fire button mapped if it's that much of a problem for you.

1)As Felisimpurrator said, nope.

2)Even if it was true, why should Tigris follow pattern?

All this time Tigris has been sort of hipster weapon. Now it's more appealing to mainstream crowd, but they can't handle Tigris' inherent hipsterness and demand watering down its mechanics.

If you want more straightforward shotgun, look no further than Hek! It contains enough damage to satisfy your inner numberphile and design ingenuity of a loud stick. Just perfect for anyone afraid of such outdated concepts like "unique mechanics" and "skill requirement".

Edited by Prany

I hope they don't switch. I've gotten use to burst firing into crowds and one shotting stray always. Can't you just change you key bindings.

This.

The Tigris is special in it's duplex shot feature, and it doesn't need to be changed.

I agree the OP. it's a pain in the ! to rebind the keys JUST for the tigris.

for a single gun? nope thanks

Then maybe the Tigris isn't for you. Try Hek maybe. It has higher DPS, but it's not your boomstick.

If you want the boomstick, get used to the controls or rebind!

EDIT: I'm an avid user of the Tigris and I used it a LOT of the time even before U17. Because it's a boomstick. Now it's my uberboomstick and I don't want you nerfing it.

Edited by EirwynTelyn