Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What's With All The Frost Nerfs Post I See

Gravefire

So nerfing Embolist back in the day was unnecessary? Nerfing Synoid Gammacor was unnecessary? Nerfing Exalted Blade so it didn't penetrate Nullifier bubbles was unnecessary?

Okay.

So reading comprehension isn't your strong point?

Okay.  I'll break it down for you then.

There are points where something is just..broken, I'll admit that.  A good example would be Ember, a casting-type frame, becoming more tanky than Rhino.  And I'm not saying she's perfect how she is now(She could stand to be a bit stronger), but as someone who likes Ember, I'm glad that she got Accelerant because it fits the frame more, even though it's technically a nerf.

However, I've said it before and I'll say it again, nerfs are a lazy way to fix a "problem" most of the time.  Now, Exalted Blade going through Nullifier bubbles?  Totally reasonable to nerf that, because that takes away the whole point of the unit.  However, that doesn't mean nerfing everything is ok, like Saryn, she doesn't need a nerf, yet I've seen people throw hissy fits and whine about her because she took their kills.

Essentially, what I'm getting at is that nerfs should be saved for the most extreme circumstances, and should be done carefully, otherwise you're taking away someone else's hard work because someone started crying.

I honestly hadn't noticed any complaints about Frost, but if Snowglobe is able to insta-kill enemies of any level than clearly there's a bug that needs to be fixed. Otherwise I can't see any reason that Frost would need to be nerfed.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I've seen some topics in question calling for Frost to be nerfed, just all over the place, seen a few people complaining in game, etc. It's just the standard people, y'know, the ones who do nothing but whine over the tiny things in the game, so..it's not bothering me much.

No, nerfs are almost NEVER necessary. There are plenty of parts in the game to present a challenge, and the player should be rewarded for getting better and stronger, not punished every time an update rolls around. New content should be what provides a challenge for those players, not a bunch of grunts that people improved against through effort and hard work.

There are frames in the game that need buffs or reworks, Nekros being a HUGE example of that, we should focus on improving those frames before we even THINK about nerfing others.

Remember, a buff helps many people and makes them happy, a nerf makes no one happy(That is, unless you're petty).

Its just semantics. I hope Mesa gets nerfed.

To the OP, Gravefire: People just want the Snow Globe bug to be fixed. That's the only nerf they're talking about. I don't see how that's confusing. It can instantly kill a level 95 Juggernaut Behemoth. There are already topics made explaining this.

Nerfs are necessary to continue to provide challenge when a skill can make a Warframe play like it's on god mode. Only few masochistic types can endure playing like that for 6 hours straight and reach enemy levels of 3000s and still not be provided with any challenge, but find it fun. I'd rather be challenged the minute I start a game instead of having to wait through 20 minute plus of boredom before the enemies have levelled sufficiently to provide any challenge because of the particular Warframe or team setup. If I'm not looming on the verge of death, what's the point?

Edited by SicSlaver

To the OP, Gravefire: People just want the Snow Globe bug to be fixed. That's the only nerf they're talking about. I don't see how that's confusing. It can instantly kill a level 95 Juggernaut Behemoth. There are already topics made explaining this.

Nerfs are necessary to continue to provide challenge when a skill can make a Warframe play like it's on god mode. Only few masochistic types can endure playing like that for 6 hours straight and reach enemy levels of 3000s and still not be provided with any challenge, but find it fun. I'd rather be challenged the minute I start a game instead of having to wait through 20 minute plus of boredom before the enemies have levelled sufficiently to provide any challenge because of the particular Warframe or team setup. If I'm not looming on the verge of death, what's the point?

See here's the thing, Juggernaut is melee right ?

So he has to come to you right ?

You have to position yourself according to the wall nearest to fling him right ? and he has to be frozen in order for shatter to apply correct ?

I can see where it needs to be balanced and check for melee only, but I can see guns instant killing people. In fact I've tried in on a few.

It's a bug for right now, but calling it a nerf is the wrong term. Saying, "fix a bug is better".

Nerfs are not necessary. If you want a challenge DE can throw a challenge out if they want to. A nerf should only come when it's truly game breaking but most of those are glitches / exploits.

Edited by Gravefire

Uh, this isn't a bug. At all. Look, patch notes of the U.17:

Frozen enemies will no longer be frozen in place; instead enemies will maintain their velocity and be susceptible to gravity/pushback.

Enemies that are frozen solid can be shattered by colliding with something if they are moving fast enough.

Uh, this isn't a bug. At all. Look, patch notes of the U.17:

Frozen enemies will no longer be frozen in place; instead enemies will maintain their velocity and be susceptible to gravity/pushback.

Enemies that are frozen solid can be shattered by colliding with something if they are moving fast enough.

The bug is they're moving too fast when being pushed out of Snow Globe, hence instantly kill things.

See here's the thing, Juggernaut is melee right ?

So he has to come to you right ?

You have to position yourself according to the wall nearest to fling him right ? and he has to be frozen in order for shatter to apply correct ?

I can see where it needs to be balanced and check for melee only, but I can see guns instant killing people. In fact I've tried in on a few.

It's a bug for right now, but calling it a nerf is the wrong term. Saying, "fix a bug is better".

Nerfs are not necessary. If you want a challenge DE can throw a challenge out if they want to. A nerf should only come when it's truly game breaking but most of those are glitches / exploits.

I've tried it against level 95 Eximus Corrupted Heavy Gunner. Doesn't make a difference. Position hardly matters in most tiles as there're walls everywhere. Snow Globe will freeze enemies that are being pushed back 100% and doesn't need Chilling Globe.

Edited by SicSlaver

? So confused as to why he(frost) needs a nerf so badly

Isn't this the same thing people said about the Excalibur rework ?

for clarification, 

Snowglobe nerfs mainly cause of a current bug which can one shot enemies.... not like they're guns or anything that can do it as well or other frames. We could always just buff everyone up to a point where they can do the same, people just jump the gun on the nerf train

Leave him ALONE

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Because there's pretty much no point in playing anything else and he trivialized all content. I mostly play Frost and I agree he is OP as hell and needs a nerf.

this is a troll bait thread and should be locked. frost got nerfed a long time ago and got a little touch up in U17 which made his globe weaker and ineffective  op has no clue what he's talking about.

as for some all they do is jump on these "NERF" topics  and spew all sorts of bs which I cant understand in todays gamers mentality

this is a troll bait thread and should be locked. frost got nerfed a long time ago and got a little touch up in U17 which made his globe weaker and ineffective  op has no clue what he's talking about.

as for some all they do is jump on these "NERF" topics  and spew all sorts of bs which I cant understand in todays gamers mentality

His globe is just as effective as it was just before U17.  In addition to that, it is currently bugged and will instantly kill everything (even level 90 enemies) that get launched out of it and hit an obstacle.

Because there's pretty much no point in playing anything else and he trivialized all content. I mostly play Frost and I agree he is OP as hell and needs a nerf.

You need a nerf. On a serious note, It's a current bug. No need to nerf him. You're not giving reason to why he should be nerf other than saying he's bugged.

You must be full of it, not noticing the threads going around about nerfs.. Glad to see you can troll. I know what I'm talking  about, played him day one when I started this game. Played with him before the huge nerfs and after the came. Played him when he was total crap. I've poured in hours on frost. I can't understand how you are so quick to judge a person.

Nobody cares about PVP..

This isn't about pvp this is about pve issue.

His globe is just as effective as it was just before U17.  In addition to that, it is currently bugged and will instantly kill everything (even level 90 enemies) that get launched out of it and hit an obstacle.

It's so post to push them out and shatter if they get the momentum, unfortunately it's bugged as SicSlayer as mentioned

Edited by Gravefire