Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Real?

wizardsama

Perhaps we are virtual beings being created by some unknown deity. The very essence of our vitality is composed of certain chemicals, perhaps this is a veil that encloses us into this space of reality that we know today as life. Perhaps we are completely devoid of all emotion. After all we do not see that is truly there, we only see the product of reflecting lights from the sun's rays. My red is probably not your red, as your red can be my blue. Life is a game and an illusion, a network of beings under a hive mind, only to be composed by a higher unknown power.

H7z2GFU.gif

Moral of the story, im a neckbeard virgin and Im not getting laid.

Edited by Eureka.seveN

There is no way to prove anything is real.

Our senses tell us it is, but we can't prove it.

I can prove to myself that I exist.

I suppose I can't prove it to the rest of you, though.

I was using "you" as a general statement... but then again maybe "you" doesn't exist.

It makes sense that there is a you.

But perhaps what makes sense to us, is not what makes sense in the grand scheme of things. Who's to say that anything has to make sense, really?

isnt it weird to know that you will never see your own face, with your own eyes, only reflections or images.

also i agree with Ravenous... I am real, I may not be able to prove it, i can say "i think therefore i am" but you can deny that,

I wrote this post, using words in a fashion maybe done before, but new to me, I am real, but cannot prove it to the rest of you.

Solipsism

Solipsism (11px-Speakerlink-new.svg.pngi/ˈsɒlɨpsɪzəm/; from Latin solus, meaning "alone", and ipse, meaning "self")[1] is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind. As a metaphysical position, solipsism goes further to the conclusion that the world and other minds do not exist.

We all exist for ourselves but others don't. So, we all exist and don't at the same time.

Edited by JesterTheNight

There was this interesting theory I read.

It states that when you die, your life does indeed flash before you,

but not your past.Your brain makes up your future.

Thinking back you may remember a near fatal accident or a disease you miraculously recovered from etc etc.

you didn't make it.

So in order to cope with the shock, your brain invents your probable future.

you are literally at your final moments right now, dying somewhere and your brain in it's desperation to live, makes up this frugal fantasy of you probably posting in this thread

or

reading this post and most probably getting amused at this.

that's natural.

Disbelief, non acceptance.

It is a common means the brain employs to deal with this sudden demise and to adapt to a such a loss,

giving you a sense of having 'fully lived' to old age and making you slowly accept the inevitable.

Are there things that you should know but have forgotten, a close one's birth date, the first time you truly felt you lost/loved something and it affected you deeply? your past, early days of your life slowly fading into oblivion?

Well, that's you,fading away slowly,surely as your adamant brain slowly submits it self to the void of nonexistance.

Tl;dr

fb0.jpg

http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html

An anonymous source and a topic neutral entity has showed me crude attempt at scientific proof

which does not belong to them in ahny way/form and is not to be associated as such with said link,

it's not the poster's opinion but the opinion of the person dedicated to the making and upkeep of site.

This is religious website that warns us of bar codes and vaccines containing microchips are employed by the government and are trying to control us with it.

http://www.universe-people.com/english/default_en.htm

also check out

warriorbrideinternational and k&k mime

Edited by n00b_m0m0

ok i see your site of a rather biased attempt at 'scientific' proof of something they believe in as facts

and raise your this religious website that warns us of bar codes and vaccines containing microchips are employed by the government and are trying to control us with it.

http://www.universe-people.com/english/default_en.htm

^top that if you can,

warriorbrideinternational and k&k mime  doesnt count, i've seen those already

I provided this link lazily so don't refer to it as "my" site. I didn't even bother reading it myself, it's just something relevant that I've heard of that doesn't really interest me.

I just clicked the link you gave and immediately closed it. I will now proceed to go to the bathroom and vomit the entirety of my innards.

Edited by LazerSkink

I provided this link lazerly so don't refer to it as "my" site. 

Ok,i will have that redacted.

I just clicked the link you gave and immediately closed it. I will now proceed to go to the bathroom and vomit the entirety of my innards.

glad i could help fight obesity.

Edited by n00b_m0m0