Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You De And Founders

Thousandechoes

Well,

I understand that this may catch a little flack, so to those that want to respond, I'm not checking this after its posted.

This is a sincere and honest THANK YOU to DE and the founders for your efforts and sacrifices. This is not me sucking up or expecting anything for it other then knowing that for once a customer has expressed his gratitude rather then complaints.

So to begin this little rant that has been on my mind for some time I wanted to approach this from a realistic point of view for all those people that complain, cry, feel entitled and yet have never had anything positive to add to the game.

Costs. As a customer of this game and a man who understands that nothing is truly ever free in this world in my mind the idea of this game the developers came up with is ingenious. Its FREE to play, there is NOITHING in this game that cannot be attained that is game alttering with Platinum. All you have to do is grind it out.

The only thing that you cannot get without Platinum in this game is cosmetics. The things that allow you to customize your frames and gears appearance to be unique(and even then a lot of it is handed out.).

This game is a business, not a charity, and not something that DE has spent hours and hours on developping for us out of the bottoms of thier hearts. Yet they want still for EVERYONE to be able to play, from the rich to the poor. Anyone with a computer or game console can play and be equal.

So, to edjucate all the negative people mentioned above, lets talk about what it costs to run such an amazing game:

Facility: A place that holds all the developers/artists/programmers/trouble shooters... and etc. This costs money to rent out, and I bet because it holds servers, it requires a unique location as well... money money money.

Bills: Heat, electricity, running water. These things are manditory by law for any business location. They cost money.

Servers: To run a game like this you need servers. They need to be maintained, updated and kept in a good location. Not to mention that serves are electricity PIGS, they suck up power like crazy and run up the electrical bills like its nothing.

Employees: What do you think the developpers/artists/programmers, heck even the cleaning people and gardeners(they may have grass? I've never seen their location) work countless hours making this game fun and taking care of glitches as fast as they can out of the bottoms of thier hearts? No. They have rooves over thier heads. They too deal with the costs of living every day just like the rest of us, and should be paid for thier work.

Miscilaneous: And finally all of the probably thousands of other costs to everything that may seem minor when payed for but add up because there are so many of them. People really have no idea how much the little things like papper, pens, stapples... and etc, cost when it all adds up in the end. Thousands of dollars.

So to end this rant, and I trully hope it helps at least a few the people who show no appreciation to the effort put out to see things from a more realistic side rather then sitting in your own little worlds of make believe were everything is free.

I simply want to say Thank You to the Founders. Without your innitial contributions, I would not be able to enjoy this game.

Thank you DE, for making a game that I truly and sincerely have enjoyed now for almost two years.

Keep up the great work.

There are people who appreciate all the efforts of late nights, loss of sleep, and dreams/nightmares of code while you sleep.

Cheers!

Hey man, my inflated head is fine with anyone appreciating a Founder.

...Well, it's better than being villainized because I want Excal P to stay exclusive, anyway.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you served your purpose...now we non-founders can dispose of you...

Jk. Or maybe not...?

Edited by OzoneAle

Contrary to popular belief, plebians like myself respect the Founders and their promise to keep items in the Founders packs exclusive. DE, despite a few controversies, has proven that game developers CAN care about their game and their community (unlike Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Activision, Creative Assembly). I'm going to go farm Tyl Regor for the 87th time now.

You're welcome, but just thank DE. They made the game. And keep pressure on them to deliver quality stuff by offering constructive feedback whenever necessary. That way we can all contribute to making a game that's worth playing and worth spending money on. Oh, and don't mind salty players like benzoylmethylecgonine. We don't see threads like this very often.

You're welcome, but just thank DE. They made the game. And keep pressure on them to deliver quality stuff by offering constructive feedback whenever necessary. That way we can all contribute to making a game that's worth playing and worth spending money on. Oh, and don't mind salty players like benzoylmethylecgonine. We don't see threads like this very often.

+1 / Well said.

Well,

I understand that this may catch a little flack, so to those that want to respond, I'm not checking this after its posted.

This is a sincere and honest THANK YOU to DE and the founders for your efforts and sacrifices. This is not me sucking up or expecting anything for it other then knowing that for once a customer has expressed his gratitude rather then complaints.

So to begin this little rant that has been on my mind for some time I wanted to approach this from a realistic point of view for all those people that complain, cry, feel entitled and yet have never had anything positive to add to the game.

Costs. As a customer of this game and a man who understands that nothing is truly ever free in this world in my mind the idea of this game the developers came up with is ingenious. Its FREE to play, there is NOITHING in this game that cannot be attained that is game alttering with Platinum. All you have to do is grind it out.

The only thing that you cannot get without Platinum in this game is cosmetics. The things that allow you to customize your frames and gears appearance to be unique(and even then a lot of it is handed out.).

This game is a business, not a charity, and not something that DE has spent hours and hours on developping for us out of the bottoms of thier hearts. Yet they want still for EVERYONE to be able to play, from the rich to the poor. Anyone with a computer or game console can play and be equal.

So, to edjucate all the negative people mentioned above, lets talk about what it costs to run such an amazing game:

Facility: A place that holds all the developers/artists/programmers/trouble shooters... and etc. This costs money to rent out, and I bet because it holds servers, it requires a unique location as well... money money money.

Bills: Heat, electricity, running water. These things are manditory by law for any business location. They cost money.

Servers: To run a game like this you need servers. They need to be maintained, updated and kept in a good location. Not to mention that serves are electricity PIGS, they suck up power like crazy and run up the electrical bills like its nothing.

Employees: What do you think the developpers/artists/programmers, heck even the cleaning people and gardeners(they may have grass? I've never seen their location) work countless hours making this game fun and taking care of glitches as fast as they can out of the bottoms of thier hearts? No. They have rooves over thier heads. They too deal with the costs of living every day just like the rest of us, and should be paid for thier work.

Miscilaneous: And finally all of the probably thousands of other costs to everything that may seem minor when payed for but add up because there are so many of them. People really have no idea how much the little things like papper, pens, stapples... and etc, cost when it all adds up in the end. Thousands of dollars.

So to end this rant, and I trully hope it helps at least a few the people who show no appreciation to the effort put out to see things from a more realistic side rather then sitting in your own little worlds of make believe were everything is free.

I simply want to say Thank You to the Founders. Without your innitial contributions, I would not be able to enjoy this game.

Thank you DE, for making a game that I truly and sincerely have enjoyed now for almost two years.

Keep up the great work.

There are people who appreciate all the efforts of late nights, loss of sleep, and dreams/nightmares of code while you sleep.

Cheers!

Great post and well said.

People forget how extraordinarily improbable the coming together of something like a videogame is, far less a good videogame, far less an (on the whole) excellent videogame like Warframe.