Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Warframe Has A Fps Cap?

TheMandarin

V-Sync (Vertical synchronization) is used for:

Avoiding frame fragments, corruption, unnecessary screen tearing.

It will cap the frames always at 60 FPS.

It will result into a clear view of frames being displayed, but the contra may be input laggings. This means, your mouse motion might be converted in a delayed form. Other real time inputs may suffer the same.

So, if you want to get rid of that cap (dunno what you are aiming for, I assume that you have a 60hz monitor, where 61 FPS or any higher wouldn't make any sense), just disable it, and if you can stand the tearing... Chapeau.

As many have said before, turn off v-sync or if you have it, g sync.

If you want more framerate, turn off v-sync, but since your monitor won't even display anything above 60 fps anyways (assuming that you have a 60Hz monitor), I don't know why you would want to push your computer to the limits when it doesn't have to. If you have G-sync or Freesync with G-sync/Freesync enabled monitors, why would you turn it off!? That stuff is the best, yo.

not always, it depend of the refresh rate of the monitor ;)

Do me a favor and consider checking the part with "why turning it off, when having 60hz monitor, where 61 and any higher frame won't result in anything useful". Me for my part consider that people are smart enough counting 1 + 1.

Do me a favor and consider checking the part with "why turning it off, when having 60hz monitor, where 61 and any higher frame won't result in anything useful". Me for my part consider that people are smart enough counting 1 + 1.

It will cap the frames always at 60 FPS.

not always, it depend of the refresh rate of the monitor ;)

He was referring to this.

He assumed that you said that vsync will always cap framerate at 60, regardless of monitor, without reading the next part.

Generally, people stop reading once they reach bullcrap, because they assume that the rest of the post is the same.

I did that as well, and missed the part where you talked about about 61+ fps not mattering on a 60Hz monitor. It's less about what you said and more about how you worded it.

Edited by HatchetHaro

Always never enough FPS, we NEED TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND. :D

But as far as I know, seriously; I have a friend who has probably the best PC I've ever seen and it goes up to 153 or 167 FPS. I don't think there's a cap. Although I think 60 like others have said above is more then fine.

*Edited for spell check.

Edited by zaxiade

why do you think i cut half of your post in my previous quote ?

...as HatchetHaro said, most people don't pay attention to the whole post when they encounter a biased info

next time you'll use an entire sentence that gives sense to your writing ;)

I get about 120fps at a consistent rate, but that's merely because my doesn't overheat. (Water cooling for life.)

In terms of your question though. I don't really see the benefit of having an FPS cap. Some of us are simply FPS @#&*(s who want the most frames possible. Like myself.

Edited by Genetic-Code