Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour Feedback Thread 2.0

Aure7

I'd have to say that my biggest problem with the new parkour system is the fact that the bullet jump alligns with the crosshairs. I do understand needing it to jump up higher by looking up. However, compared to the old front flip, you can't slide away from enemies while shooting at them and bullet jump in the direction you are sliding. Instead it bullet jumps you toward the enemies and that said ogris rocket you are trying to get away from. Is it not possible to make the bullet jump go the direction of the slide and not the crosshair and say the height is based off the angle of the camra/crosshair position. I just have a complainte with the bullet jump not going the direction of the slide.

Is it not possible to make the bullet jump go the direction of the slide and not the crosshair and say the height is based off the angle of the camra/crosshair position.

while certainly useful in some situations, if that was the functionality, the current functionality would be lost.

having both would be nice, but following the Camera and following the current Velocity Vector conflict with each other.

and i don't know a way to fix that without adding a Toggle Modifier for movement.

My discription migth be a little bit confusing.  You can still use shift + space for bulletjump, even if  not moving.

would be nice as an alternative keybind, but i think the way BJ is performed atm is to sort of mirror the coptering input i guess?

Now here is something that have bother me since i started playing and that it wasnt modified with parkour 2.0

The Sidespring and Backspring moves

the current input for those is:

Aim + Left/Right + Tap Sprint

and

Aim + Backward + Tap Sprint

wouldnt be easier to perform if instead of that akward combo, just to Double Tap Left/Right (default A-D) or Backward (default S)  Nvm it doesnt work like that :(

SO I CAME UP WITH AN ALTERNATIVE KEYBIND

The "Roll" key can be changed to "Dodge" key (yeah some maybe pissed at this so) Alternative keys for this could be "Use" key (may create some  confilcts) or a new keybind like Q (?)

because the Camera in Warframe is not tied to Character Rotation unless using Zoom, it doesn't work.

because all 4 directions are technically 'forwards' when you're using the Freelook Camera.  

basically the "Dodge" key will act as an overide command for the regular movement (toggleable or press and hold) 

Pressing the "Dodge" Key alone does nothing but in combination with the WASD, you get Roll (W) SideSpring(A-D) BackSpring(S)

another idea to expand those moves would be to have a Slow-mo effect same as Air Glide while aiming

Imput  for that could be:

"Dodge"(hold) + Aim + Left/Right (A-D) or "Dodge"(hold) + Aim +  Backward (S)

so i could do something like this

matrix-lobby-cartwheel_zps5cdx4iut.jpg

IT WILL LOOK PRETTY DAMM COOL!

that way it may work, a bit less awkward to dodge alone, and if you aim you get the Slow-mo "Matrix" Dodge and shoot

Edited by Lord_GoldenEye

wouldnt be easier to perform if instead of that akward combo, just to Double Tap Left/Right (default A-D) or Backward (default S) 

because the Camera in Warframe is not tied to Character Rotation unless using Zoom, it doesn't work.

because all 4 directions are technically 'forwards' when you're using the Freelook Camera.

if you press all of the buttons almost at the same time(hold Zoom and direction, then press Roll immediately after. can tap all of them at once too as long as the electrical signals are still sent in the right order), you can execute the Backflip and Side Roll actions pretty quickly, IMO.

if you press all of the buttons almost at the same time(hold Zoom and direction, then press Roll immediately after. can tap all of them at once too as long as the electrical signals are still sent in the right order), you can execute the Backflip and Side Roll actions pretty quickly, IMO.

damm you are right , btw i didnt know about that, might as well try it like that

but still aiming first and then dodging is kinda akward to me, there should be another alternative

I think it'd be pretty gnarly if you didn't have to hold down RMB to latch, you instead stay on the wall after you tap it and press crouch to let go and jump to jump off like we already can do. With this in mind i'd like to see old wallrunning make a comeback through wall latch by using the directional keys while clinging onto a wall to run, and when you run out of wall juice instead of just falling off you slide down. Oh and parkour damage mods should affect divekicks.(captain falcon lite)

I'd also like to see diagonal wall dashes and the ability to swap between standing on a zipline and sliding down it(with crouch or x maybe), so we don't run into stuff above ziplines. 

Edited by Anonymous10081

damm you are right , btw i didnt know about that, might as well try it like that

but still aiming first and then dodging is kinda akward to me, there should be another alternative

The "Roll" key can be changed to "Dodge" key (yeah some maybe pissed at this so) Alternative keys for this could be "Use" key (may create some  confilcts) or a new keybind like Q (?)

basically the "Dodge" key will act as an overide command for the regular movement (toggleable or press and hold) 

Pressing the "Dodge" Key alone does nothing but in combination with the WASD, you get Roll (W) SideSpring(A-D) BackSpring(S)

another idea to expand those moves would be to have a Slow-mo effect same as Air Glide while aiming

that way it may work, a bit less awkward to dodge alone, and if you aim you get the Slow-mo "Matrix" Dodge and shoot

it will require extensive testing

Edited by Lord_GoldenEye

tapping Control needs a distinctive animation, currently its used in ground and air to gain momentum, in air it shows a quick kick, in ground its just the same running animation with faster translation, the animation should be a small and longer step with the body leaning forward

Edited by rockscl

tapping Control needs a distinctive animation, currently its used in ground and air to gain momentum, in air it shows a quick kick, in ground its just the same running animation with faster translation, the animation should be a small and longer step with the body leaning forward

Oh yeeesss totally this. Although this goes to animation feedback, this issue is super irritating to me. Initially I thought speed boost on short rapid slides should go away but with proper animation like you suggested it could be a lot less distracting and ugly.

would be nice as an alternative keybind, but i think the way BJ is performed atm is to sort of mirror the coptering input i guess?

Now here is something that have bother me since i started playing and that it wasnt modified with parkour 2.0

The Sidespring and Backspring moves

the current input for those is:

Aim + Left/Right + Tap Sprint

and

Aim + Backward + Tap Sprint

wouldnt be easier to perform if instead of that akward combo, just to Double Tap Left/Right (default A-D) or Backward (default S)  Nvm it doesnt work like that :(

That would over complicate controls I think and I really can't see why would you need all of this. Just aiming and tapping sprint can give you any dodge you want. The only problem is with these "dodges" in mid air, they are all over the place and DE JUST WON'T DO S#&$ ABOUT IT :(

● Wall surface detection and registration could be improved. If possible, it should favor general large shapes and smooth over smaller details like it usually works while simply running over irregular terrain. (maybe this is simply an issue of collision meshes?) It should also trigger at higher radius.

this is really needed, i'm mostly noticing it in the specific wallrun routes in spy rooms. several bumps mess with wallrunning to the point where i'm less comfortable with these routes than before. do some playtesting and at least fix these rooms, DE.

Edited by SlyBoots

EDIT: Warframes should become transparent/invisible when aiming perpendicular to the wall.

DEFINITELY! I have so much fun in playing like spiderman and shooting from the walls, but my big Tenno head is constantly blocking my sight. Your aiming from the wall is therefore heavily punished.

edit: grammar

Edited by Impact6